Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I definitely had to scratch my head at the method used to take Superman's blood from the claw. There had to have been some other way. Any other way.

Good issue, otherwise.

The whole limb is probably necessary for blood sacrifice reasons. A mix of ancient ritual and sci-fi.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I definitely had to scratch my head at the method used to take Superman's blood from the claw. There had to have been some other way. Any other way.

Good issue, otherwise.
    Yeah that made me do a double take. ..but since we are dealing with (I think) the antagonist of this story, I can go with it.

I think the set up phase ends in Sm/ WW next week, and we get to the crux of this arc the following week.

Wonder when Superdad finally enters the fray? I'd thought we'd see him by now.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Nice to see Kara and Kal re-unite. I wonder as Kara now has the keys if she'll take Krypto. And yeah Diana looks upset. Wonder who told her. Bats, maybe?
    She has super hearing in her own right - Kal has been going around telling his friends - possibly Bats - possibly one of the other JL members but wonder how Tomasi will stretch this interlude between Diana / Kal over two months

Also anyone see the vision that Hera tormented Diana with in WW #51? It was Diana and Clark married and expecting

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The whole limb is probably necessary for blood sacrifice reasons. A mix of ancient ritual and sci-fi.
    You'd think that they would have a way to take the hand without just cutting it with two (?!) big knives and contaminating the blood.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I didn't like this issue as much as the previous chapters of Super League, but at least now I know that I will keep seeing Clark's big head appear in the Supergirl series.
    Also... Eddie, the DP security guard that the fake Clark Kent punches in the face, didn't look like Eddie Berganza?

Quote Originally Posted by ManSinha View Post
    Also anyone see the vision that Hera tormented Diana with in WW #51? It was Diana and Clark married and expecting
    Lol at the expression of Diana's face after Clark makes her look at her belly.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-20-2016 at 03:19 PM.

On one hand, I wish I would have seen more emotion from Clark and Kara. On the other hand, I guess its more realistic to just get what we got, considering past failures in the writing has led to a distinct lack of a dynamic and relationship between the two up to now.

And yeah, enjoyed seeing more SM/WW references at this stage. Instead of winding it down even in the face of Superman's upcoming leave of absence, DC's just adding to it leading me to believe its something they'll go back to later. Probably not for a while, but in the cards.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

This issue was solid. Didn't have the emotional weight the other issues did, mostly because Clark and Kara's relationship sucks in the New52.

I have to give credit to Tomasi though. His characterization has been completely on point for Super League. He could have ignored everything that came before, but instead he embraced the uneasiness of Clark and Kara's relationship.

It was definitely a situation where Tomasi had ground to cover between them, and it's probably best that he didn't draw things out. I think this one issue advanced their understanding and feelings for each other more than the first three years of the reboot did combined.

I wish she didn't lose her own fortress immediately after receiving it, but it's nice for her to have something given, the "real" fortess. Especially if his conscious remains... which would be awkward as hell if he returns.

Speaking of awkward, the upcoming scene with WW should take the cake.

going by how well written superleague is going till this point i think it should be the base parameter for crossovers in general

just get one writer to do all the titles he needs to tell his tale for 2-3 months and be done with it. the very least we will get is a cohesive story without dragging a year clashing with divergences

Quote Originally Posted by Agniwolf View Post
    going by how well written superleague is going till this point i think it should be the base parameter for crossovers in general

just get one writer to do all the titles he needs to tell his tale for 2-3 months and be done with it. the very least we will get is a cohesive story without dragging a year clashing with divergences
    This is what I was thinking, though I think the other writers on the books wouldn't be so keen.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Perhaps it's Lois who told Diana.

(In fact a part of me hopes it is to see a certain poster's head explode. )
    HAH!

Maybe that Peeping Tom Bruce blabbed to Diana. That'd be something else.

Its probably Bruce just on the sense there's the chance they see each other more than there's the chance Lois sees Diana. Add to the fact that its possible she noticed something was really bothering him, and she might have forced it out of him.

And I really doubt it'll be that awkward. She's obviously upset right now, wondering why she's the last to know, but he'll probably just say something like "It was hardest imagining telling the woman I love I'm dying" or something like that and that awkwardness will be gone. Then it'll just be sadness and hopefully some touching moments.

Fingers crossed, Sacred Knight.