Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Default What are your expectations for 2016?

First of all and a bit late but Happy New Year people!

What are the things that you wish would happen this year? What series would you like to see released or fixed? What direction would you like DC to take?

Speaking for myself, I would love to see a new Power Girl series since the last Harley Quinn and PG miniseries reignited my love for the character. It would also be cool to see a new Supergirl book written once again by Sterling Gates (I know about the Digital one but I wish we could get one focused on the main continuity) and a new, readable Green Arrow book by an actual competent writer.

About DC itself, I think they made a pretty good choice for the DC You line for the most part so I would like to see that expanded.

BANNED

I would like to see Ben Percy's Green Arrow carry on, as long as he keeps coming up with great ideas. Loved everything he's done so far.

More POC headlining their own books. I'm kinda tired of DC being the "All-White Club"

Incredible Member

I expect Image to continue taking market share from DC and Marvel, while also growing the pie by attracting new comic book readers.

I expect DC's books to further decline in quality (with the possible exception of DC's bat line) largely due to DC's double shipping policy.

I expect Marvel's market share to decline to closer to normal levels now that All New All Different becomes All Old All Similar. I also expect consumers to finally show Marvel and DC that they don't want crossovers and event books anymore by largely ignoring Civil War, the X-Men crossover, and whatever their Avengers event is. However, I expect Marvel will still own the most market share on the strength of their Star Wars line.

Finally, I expect/hope that Valiant is able to grow their marketshare to something approaching 1.5-2%.

BANNED

I want New Suicide Squad to be a quality title. Not because there is a movie coming out, but because it's timeless and important to the DCU. And with Tim Seeley taking over, it's going to be great. Even though I may have to suffer through awful Grayson appearances. #BringBackNightwing

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    . . . More POC headlining their own books. I'm kinda tired of DC being the "All-White Club"
    That might be nice, but DC has offered this already.

Problem was, not enough people bought those other books . . . not even a Bat-book like Batwing.

So, to amend your statement,
    More POC headlining their own books, and more readers supporting those titles.

I don't have any expectations per se, but things I'd like to see happen at DC in 2016?

1. New editors on Earth-2, Superman, and Wonder Woman.

2. A clean reboot of Earth-2 to bring these characters back to their original Earth and hire creative teams that will develop the characters in ways that stay true to their original concept. Give me a Power Girl who actually READS like Power Girl, a Huntress who actually reads like Huntress, an Alan Scott who actually reads like Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, you get my drift. (Can we also get Kent Nelson back as Doctor Fate? I really miss him).

3. I'd like to see clean reboots for Superman and Wonder Woman as well and hire creative teams who actually want to honor what these characters represent. Wonder Woman needs to be the hero of her own story again, and her supporting cast and villains need to come back. Superman needs his relationship with Lois Lane restored and needs to get his real personality back.

BANNED

Which is a shame. Because Batwing was good, now Luke Fox is in limbo. The book lasted longer than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    That might be nice, but DC has offered this already.

Problem was, not enough people bought those other books . . . not even a Bat-book like Batwing.

So, to amend your statement,

Extraordinary Member

Jesus. Is this going to turn into yet another "let's bitch and moan about everything we hate at the moment" thread?

Since dcyou fizzled out, 2016 could see some people get fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Jesus. Is this going to turn into yet another "let's bitch and moan about everything we hate at the moment" thread?
    Ironically, you took initiative.

My wish list for 2016:

No more from Scott Lobdell.

For Damian's solo book to continue.

A Shazam ongoing.

A Tim Drake ongoing. Or a solo Jason Todd book. Or Red Hood/Red Robin. But no more Outlaws or adventures with Roy (don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Roy, I'd just prefer my Red Hood alone...or with Tim, because I feel like there's good chemistry there). And no more Lobdell.

Something worthwhile for Bart Allen and Connor Kent to make them into the awesome heroes they once were before Lobdell screwed them up.

I want to see more innovative and creative types of series that we got with the DCyou as well as not everything put back the way it was, they made the changes they made now you work with them instead of forgetting they happened. Sure not everything worked but it's always important to try.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The double shipping has me really worried.
    If it really does happen, I think the quality on the titles double shipping will dip even more and the fringe books will end up getting cancelled because readers will start dropping less popular titles to accommodate the popular ones double shipping in their pull-lists.
    It will be a real shame as the fringe books are much better quality than the titles most likely to double ship (JL and the Batbooks).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Which is a shame. Because Batwing was good, now Luke Fox is in limbo.
    At least he's making appearances in Batgirl as her latest boyfriend. (It's better than nothing.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    At least he's making appearances in Batgirl as her latest boyfriend. (It's better than nothing.)
    Good for Luke, I guess. I don't read Batgirl, nor do I like Barbara Gordon. (Cassie Cain for life!) At least, someone is making use of him. Does he suit up at least?