Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default If you could make 3 changes to the DCU right now, what would they be?

1. Bring back the Legion of Super-Heroes. Don't make the continuity and history any more convoluted. Just make the team the Pre-COIE Legion and give them a great creative team who knows the characters and publicize the heck out of the book.

2. Give John Stewart his own GL book. The guy has as many fans as Hal or any other GL and deserves his own book. Personally, I'd prefer Tomasi to write it, but I would be happy with any writer so long as they did an amazing job on it and really brought John back to the forefront of the GL mythos, not playing second fiddle.

3. Bring the REAL Wally West back. I don't care how they do it, just make it happen. And I would either have Waid writing it or someone who loves the character and would write him well.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'd make the following changes

1. Give John Stewart his own solo book. He has a lot of passionate fans who simply want to see him be the star of his own book and it's long overdue. Plus it would add diversity without forcing the issue since he's a character of color who already exists in the DCU.

2. Find a way to make Teen Titans relevant as a property again and give them a decent direction. I'd also probably hire a YA writer to do the stories because they at least seem to know what makes teens tick these days and would be able to make the characters sound and act like teens without overdoing things.

3. Give the Superman Editorial department a complete overhaul from top to bottom. This is something that has needed to be done for a good long time.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

1. Revive the Blue Lantern Corps

2. Make a monthly title focused on the Multiverse

3. give Booster Gold his own book.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

1) Give Zatanna a spot on the Justice League (and a solo)
    2) Barbara back to Oracle, Stephanie back to Batgirl
    3) More international stories (ex. bring back Justice League International, The Great Ten and David Zavimbe Batwing)
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    2) Barbara back to Oracle, Stephanie back to Batgirl
    This would be cool. I liked Babs better as Oracle and Steph as Batgirl
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

1.) Give Wonder Woman back her classic clay origin.

2.) Bring back the classic Earth 2.

3.) Make the Justice League roster bigger and more diverse to include Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Atom, Hawkman, Black Canary, Zatanna, Firestorm, Vixen, Black Lightning, Dr. Kimiyo Light, Apache Chief, and Vibe.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Right on.Here goes....

#1. Clean up Gotham of all the extraneous characters. The Bat-family is ridiculously bloated. If it was up to me, there would be just Batman, Batwoman, Nightwing, Batgirl and only one Robin, Damien.

#2.Restore the TnT. Cyborg, Starfire, Raven and Changeling teamed up with Nightwing, Donna Troy and Wally West.

#3.Green Arrow and Black Canary Forever.

I have more but those are my Top 3.

1.)I'm not sure if we're still on the five year timeline, but I think a 10 year one would be fine, except for Batman who should have a 15 year one.

2.) I have this universe's Superman have the personality, history, and relationships of the pre-Flashpoint Superman rather than bring in the pre-Flashpoint one. The Superman of this universe should be the Superman of this universe. Plus it makes explaining his origin to a new or casual read more difficult, while traditionally one of his strengths is a simple origin.

"I think I got it, he's an alien from another planet who was shipped here."
    -"Well yes, but he's also from another reality and brought here by a world merging event."
    "?"

3.) Tough one, I would've said reestablish the original Teen Titans and JSA, but they seem to be doing both. So it is between:
    3a.) Cut down the Robins. There is just to many, especially if they want to add more in the future. I would for sure either have Jason Todd stay dead or kill himself at the end of UtRH after Batman refuses to kill the Joker. Keeping him dead serves as a reminder of the danger of taking in teen sidekicks (a lesson Bruce seems to have forgotten with the 6 active teenage sidekicks and partners of Batman) and gives more emotional impact, giving a sense of loss to Bruce's crusade. Plus, Jason's suit in the cave loses its meaning with Jason alive and a good guy (or even bad-guy IMO.) I would also get rid of either Tim or Damian entirely from continuity. With Damian around, Tim is an ex-Robin with little going for him, so one has to go. This leaves to alive and active current or former Robins, a much more managable number.
    3b.) The "real" Wally in continuity and a founder of the Titans, just so his fans will shut up.

1 Bring back Superman's red trunks
    2 Bring back the JSA and have a comic set in WW3
    3 Bring back Legion of Super-Heroes

BANNED

1. Give decompression its long-overdue sendoff and have the writers write in an act structure.

2. In terms of the basic setup, pretty much put Green Lantern back where it was in the Englehart-Jones era, except with Hal, Guy and John depicted as equals.

3. Launch a monthly called DCU Events and use it as a tool to boost sales of the lower-selling titles, by confining the crossovers and the spillover effects from the events to those comics. But any character in the DCU could take part in the events.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    1 Bring back Superman's red trunks
    2 Bring back the JSA and have a comic set in WW3
    3 Bring back Legion of Super-Heroes
    I'm not a history buff but huh?

BANNED

1. Make the Titans a prominent stable that can stand alone.

2. Probably have 2 interpretations of Cyborg maybe The Prime version on JL and a Alt. Version in the Titans like Cyberion or something or visa versa.

3. A title about the Multiverse like Multiversity but a monthly.

I could keep going but it's my top 3 at the moment.

1. A buddy book -- we need one with Red Hood Arsenal going away.

2. The return of the traditional Superman personality and more of the Superman characters. I mean Lois and Jimmy had their own books at one point. Why don't we get more of them? Let's see Clark and Jimmy's relationship some more.

3. A fix of the Flash family. Yes, traditional Wally should come back, but let's have Bart, Max, and Jesse and Johnny Quick back, too.
    Pull list: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Detective Comics, Earth 2: Society, Flintstones, Future Quest, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan & Green Lantern Corp, Harley Quinn, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Justice League, Justice League of America, New Suicide Squad, Nightwing, Red Hood, Scooby Apocalypse, Superman, Teen Titans, The Flash, Titans, Wacky Raceland

BANNED

Only 3? Alright.
    1. Stop giving bad or mediocre writers major titles. A writer should have at least 1 critically acclaimed recent series before being assigned to a title as iconic as Teen Titans or Detective Comics. If DC has to give someone like James Tynion work, keep him on smaller books until he can write something critically acclaimed.

2. Make all the best pre-Flashpoint stories canon again. I know we're going to be getting some old continuity back, but stuff like Wolfmans Teen Titans, Waid's Flash, Morrisons JLA etc probably won't be canon (unless they get really creative). These stories deserve to be relevant to the current DCU, and it's not like their New 52 counterparts are better stories in any way.

3. It's fine to make a new character, it's fine to reimagine a pre-existing character, but learn WHEN and HOW to do it properly. We didnt need Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz to be created when we already have John and Kyle (I have nothing against them though, please don't get offended). Tanya Spears was unnecessary, we already have an awesome Power Girl and an awesome black female Teen Titan with Bumblebee. The Lobo redesign was an abomination. The changes made to the YJ4 were unnecessary and horrible. Nu Wally, nuff said. Change for the sake of change sucks. Save the new characters and reimaginings for when they're actually needed.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Shayera Hol as Hawkwoman in the Justice League.

Wally West has red hair

Flash family book