Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 92
  1. #61
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    81

    Default

    1. A grounded/street-level book about a black clone of Superman who has all of Superman's powers, but not at the same levels (see: leap tall buildings, but not necessarily fly).

    2. Start a digital-first line featuring fan-favorite characters (see: Donna Troy) in new adventures that will only be printed in trades. Digital release of single issues and then hardcover/trade (same day) release. Figure it'd be an interesting experiment, if nothing else.

    3. Look for more "rising" talent rather than "established" talent.

    I'll agree that there's entirely too much "go back" and fixations on certain characters, but it's fan-booking. [shrugs] People gonna play favorites.
    Last edited by MaxQuick; 04-22-2016 at 08:32 AM.

  2. #62
    Incredible Member Jadeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    917

    Default

    DC has been around for decades, and the books have covered the entire spectrum from zany kids stuff to explicitly adult, featuring genres from superheroes to war to romance. There's very little that you could suggest that couldn't be construed as "go back."

  3. #63
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,700

    Default

    1. Utilize the bimonthly nature of Detective and Action Comics to tell emulate the original books' anthology format. You can still have Batman and Superman once a month (though I think it would be better to have new faces) but the second issue could be for characters that don't usually hold their own series, or introduce new characters entirely (the one that stick, can stick). I would push for the Question on Detective comics and Power Girl on Action.

    2. Space out the legacy characters more, especially as far as the Titans are concerned. Make Nightwing, Cyborg, Starfire and Raven "First Generation," then add Beast Boy, Terra and Phantasm as a younger "Second Generation," then Donna and some others in like a "future" generation, until you have a Legion of Superheroes. Space out the Birds of Prey similarly so that we have enough Batgirl to sustain us into the Beyond period (I.E. adult Steph as Batgirl under Commissioner Babs training young Cass)

    3. DCU beyond universe with Damien as Batman (Terry suit), Terry and Dana as Owlman and Talon (trained by Calvin Rose and the Birds of Prey, respectively), Donna Troy as an early 20-something Wonder Woman, and the JL Beyond with white suit Superman from the show. I have a new Origin for Donna too, but you probably wouldn't like it.

  4. #64
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,081

    Default

    1. Let things stabilize for a good, long while (e.g. at least fifteen years) before shaking it up in any big way.

    2. Shorter, faster story arcs...don't drag stuff out for month after month. Get it told, fast.

    3. Pick a workable continuity and stick by it; stopping messing around with it.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  5. #65
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    3. Pick a workable continuity and stick by it; stopping messing around with it.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    The rule of thumb should be, if it doesn't contradict anything else then its in continuity. It maybe rediculous, it may never be mentioned again, but its still continuity.....

  6. #66
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
    The rule of thumb should be, if it doesn't contradict anything else then its in continuity. It maybe rediculous, it may never be mentioned again, but its still continuity.....
    1 superman and only 1 superman SINCE 1938 would do that or start the ball rolling with that idea.

  7. #67
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arkham, Mass (lol no)
    Posts
    7,215

    Default

    1) Supermerger: I have this universe's Superman have the costume (red trunks and all), personality, history, and relationships (BUT not married!) of the pre-Flashpoint Superman rather than bring in the pre-Flashpoint one. Instead of married, love triangles again. Totally new origin though, since pre-FP Supes's origin is like 5 of them and thus none of them. This new origin would be very pre-COIE like, very Amazing World of Superman from 1973 origin with some (but not too many) Donner and Byrne and etc touches thrown in there.

    2) Pre-FP continuity: This universe would have very nearly the same continuity as pre-FP, wiping away any New 52 contradictions. Batman Year One back in (bye bye Zero Year). All the pre and post-COIE stories happened in some way. Some New 52 costumes and all can remain of course.

    3) The Flash is really reverted back to pre-FP to bring back Wally and old continuity and designs and etc. (Then Johns and Morrison would do long runs with the old foundation back)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-22-2016 at 12:22 PM.
    Thank you AMericA for votinG for chAnge.

  8. #68
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Eradicate the entire New52; remove it completely, undo/unravel it as if it never happened. Get back to pre-Flashpoint completely.

    Then start an Ultimate (Supreme?) DC comic universe, we we properly start from number 1 all the good stuff, but not the bad stuff of the New 52 - it should have been it's own separate universe from the bloody start. Make sure there's an editer that does his/her bloody job; as in make sure continuity stays intact and there aren't contradictions between characters showing up in different places. What I loved in the first few issues of New 52, at least the Superman/Teen Titans/Superboy/Supergirl side of things, was that it felt like it was the DC universe as if written by Michael Bendis and the rest of the Ultimate Marvel universe writers. It brought quite a few of the good things from the Marvel universe over; the more clearly shared universe, the more grounded sensibilities; then they ffed up with, 5 year time jumps out of nowhere, some books and sections clearly going with long established histories as if it was still the pre-FP DC universe, completely contradicting histories and characters, utterly bad story writing, not to mention idiotic parings and even dumber power jumps out of nowhere in a throwaway scene that are afterwards immediately forgotten. I suppose the forgetting is a good thing, but still, it should never happened.

    It started out awesome; well, that Superman corner I mentioned at least, but then the sheer amount of nonsense made me sour to the entire universe in just under 10 issues, and I stopped reading the entire thing.

    So properly splitting the two universe up, and starting what was New 52 from scratch properly across the board would be awesome.

  9. #69
    Fantastic Member maxmcco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    346

    Default

    I would like Sensation Comics to be revived as an in continuity Wonder Woman team up title (a la Brave and the Bold).

    I would like a Shazam title (Champions of Shazam) released twice monthly with Captain Marvel and Black Adam alternating issues and written by Geoff Johns

    I would like everyone to forget that Captain Marvel was ever known as Shazam.

  10. #70
    long time member Herowatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,628

    Default

    Seriously...DC keeps trying to move forward, but their mistake (IMHO) is throwing out what's come before and trying to rework characters that don't need fixing. Of course people are going to say Go Backwards...look at the mess they've made of the DCU with the New 52. Older fans like change...when it's good!

    1. BRING BACK the original Multiverse before Crisis On Infinite Earths, work in the best of Post-COIE and go forward from there.
    It's time heroes go back to their original Earths.

    2. Give the Teen Titans name back to the original Teen Titans and make them teenagers again (ages 16-19). This means with the original Wally West.
    Introduce Young Justice (ages 13 & 14) with Tim Drake the only Robin currently active (Jason Todd dead and no more Damian).

    3. Have self-contained stories involving only the specific character within each title without the whole DCU getting involved in just one book.
    Example: Mike Grell’s Green Arrow. I like a shared Universe, but there's been too many big events for my taste.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

  11. #71
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    19

    Default

    1. Move Cyborg back to the Titans where he belongs and replace him on the Justice League with Black Lightning. Make Black Lightning the elder statesman of the black hero community and give his character some relevance.

    2. Make three generations of heroes: Justice League; Titans; Young Justice. Dc is always better when they embrace the filling of legacy.

    3. Bring back the multiverce and stop rebooting every few years.

  12. #72
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    19,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3DMaster View Post
    Eradicate the entire New52; remove it completely, undo/unravel it as if it never happened. Get back to pre-Flashpoint completely.

    Then start an Ultimate (Supreme?) DC comic universe, we we properly start from number 1 all the good stuff, but not the bad stuff of the New 52 - it should have been it's own separate universe from the bloody start. Make sure there's an editer that does his/her bloody job; as in make sure continuity stays intact and there aren't contradictions between characters showing up in different places. What I loved in the first few issues of New 52, at least the Superman/Teen Titans/Superboy/Supergirl side of things, was that it felt like it was the DC universe as if written by Michael Bendis and the rest of the Ultimate Marvel universe writers. It brought quite a few of the good things from the Marvel universe over; the more clearly shared universe, the more grounded sensibilities; then they ffed up with, 5 year time jumps out of nowhere, some books and sections clearly going with long established histories as if it was still the pre-FP DC universe, completely contradicting histories and characters, utterly bad story writing, not to mention idiotic parings and even dumber power jumps out of nowhere in a throwaway scene that are afterwards immediately forgotten. I suppose the forgetting is a good thing, but still, it should never happened.
    As long as it says "Editor-in-chief: Bob Harras" in the credit boxes of your all-old DCU and Ultimate DCU books, it's not going to be significantly different from what is coming out now.

  13. #73
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Bring back classic Wally West.
    Geoff Johns writing a Legion or Teen Titans book.
    Classic JSA book.

  14. #74
    Fantastic Member Cap808's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    In the middle of the sea
    Posts
    424

    Default

    1) Go back to pre-Flashpoint

    2) Legion of Super Heroes

    3) A Legion of Doom united and strong enough to give headaches to Earth's 1 & 2.

  15. #75
    Incredible Member Dr. Skeleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    949

    Default

    I would...

    Bring back the original Wally West
    Bring back the original Allen Scott
    Bring back Wonder Woman's clay origin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •