Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default FANTASY DRAFT: Who is Rosario Dawson Playing on "Daredevil?"

Rosario Dawson is an amazing addition to the cast of Marvel's fast approaching "Daredevil" series on Netflix -- but who is she playing?

Full article here.

I think she will be Misty Knight Elektra or Typhoid Mary

Spectacular Member

I'm good with any of these even Foggy, as long as it's not McDuffie.

The things that pass for news...

I'm really hoping for White Tiger. Law and Order!

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

i like Dawson.. but u seem to suggest she's a GREAT actress. she's just OK for the roles she usually gets. i'm fine with any of them, even though, she won't be Elektra!
    i would to see her play Jennifer Walters as a partner lawyer, and then eventually becoming She-Hulk! now THAT would be cool!
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

BANNED

no to Misty Knight

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Misty Knight would be a good fit for Dawson, especially since she could show up in more than one of the shows.

Extraordinary Member

King Pin? She'd make a good white tiger though.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Marc Buxton seems to forget that Lady Bullseye(Maki Matsumoto) is Japanese and Dawson isn't, so she obviously won't be playing Maki.

It also seems like Marc hasn't heard that the White Tiger in Mighty Avengers and the USM show is Ava Ayala, not Angela Del Toro.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    i like Dawson.. but u seem to suggest she's a GREAT actress. she's just OK for the roles she usually gets. i'm fine with any of them, even though, she won't be Elektra!
    i would to see her play Jennifer Walters as a partner lawyer, and then eventually becoming She-Hulk! now THAT would be cool!
    Jennifer Walters has her own practice, she wouldn't be Matt's partner. That would be a downgrade. Plus since she's Hulk cousin, she will more than likely be introduced in a Hulk project.

Anyway, I'm going to guess Karen Page or Milla, but I'm thinking she'll be playing McDuffie.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 06-23-2014 at 08:44 PM.

BANNED

Excellent news, Rosario is an awesome actress. And quite hot. She'll rock in Sin City: A Dame To Kill For, in August.

I'm guessing she'll be Karen Page, at least the name, like Arrow I think they'll write characters they want and loosely fit them to the motifs of the comic characters. Or maybe it'll be very faithful, who knows, either way I'm pumped and this has potential.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    That would be absurdly awesome! Though it might be tough to pull off She-Hulk on a TV/netflix budget. Not that I'd mind if they just went the green paint route, but it would be a challenge for sure.
    Last edited by Psycho; 06-23-2014 at 08:47 PM.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

I have never heard of this woman, just like with Cox. I'm inclined to go with Misty Knight, since Marvel seems to generally be against "race lifting" their characters. That's part of why I'm strongly inclined to believe they'd get an Asian actress to play Lady Bullseye, if she appears at all (I doubt it, since I feel like they'd build towards Bullseye himself making an appearance late in the season), since they're kind of getting flak for the lack of radial diversity in their casts. But I'm leaning towards Elektra or Echo a lot more, since it feels a bit, I dunno, soon to cast a character who won't be a really big player, but that's just a random feeling I'm getting.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

From the blurb Marvel put out it sounds exactly like Kirsten McDuffie but from this fantasy draft and these comments, apparently nobody else read it but me. smh

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    From the blurb Marvel put out it sounds exactly like Kirsten McDuffie but from this fantasy draft and these comments, apparently nobody else read it but me. smh
    At one point, most if not all of these characters could have been described as this blurb. Even Elektra. I think some people look at where these characters are now, and forget how they began.

Or discount that no matter what character she plays, there will likely be some changes from the comic version, even if only superficial.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    At one point, most if not all of these characters could have been described as this blurb. Even Elektra. I think some people look at where these characters are now, and forget how they began.

Or discount that no matter what character she plays, there will likely be some changes from the comic version, even if only superficial.
    No! I'm pretty sure only her, Foggy, and maybe Karen are the only by day public defenders who give a shit about the Hells Kitchen, while Elektra, Typhoid Mary, Echo, and White Tiger are absolutely nothing like that. Also I want Elektra played by a Greek actress or someone who at least looks Greek but they didn't cast a ginger Matt Murdock so I shouldn't get my hopes up.