Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Bring John Byrne back.
    I gotta say, I'd be pretty OK with Byrne never coming back to Marvel. Not after **** like this.

Yeah, let's not have Marvel supporting that kind of bigotry.

John Byrne has written some of the best comics ever. So I wouldn't mind Byrne on something.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    John Byrne has written some of the best comics ever. So I wouldn't mind Byrne on something.
    He's also written transphobic comments, and while every person has to make their own choice on how much they can separate a creator from their work, I would prefer Marvel not give work to people who hold despicable views, like comparing transgender people to pedophiles.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    He's also written transphobic comments, and while every person has to make their own choice on how much they can separate a creator from their work, I would prefer Marvel not give work to people who hold despicable views, like comparing transgender people to pedophiles.
    John Byrne have said a lot of awful stuff over the years.

I would bring back the Future Foundation.

Why should it matter what he said. It doesn't effect me and it shouldn't you. All that should matter in comics is if he does or did good work. Mel Gibson said stupid ****. That doesn't mean Lethal Weapon isn't good anymore or that he couldn't make another great movie. It just means he believes stupid ****.

1-) Joss Whedon/Cassaday should team up fot the any X-Men title for like the next 5 years minimum.
    2-) No Inhumans please.
    3-) Mutants and Magic shouldn't mix. They should be handled seperately. I mean I'm OK if they fight demons and stuff but no mutant should be able to bend magic. Then they are... no more mutants but sorcerers.

2. Put Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Shang Chi, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing and Echo on a team book called the Defenders. Have Bru and Lark as the creative team.
    YES!
    Additionally, I'll say:
    Get David Aja back on interiors immediately. If I could pick I'd have him take on Ghost Rider as I think it'd give him lots of fun stuff to draw and the title is open.
    I'd really like to see Frank Miller and Bill SinKEVich do another Daredevil Graphic Novel out of continuity.
    For my No. 3 I'll go with: put DnA on Guardians 3000!

As for actual character changes... I'd like to see Thor: The Unworthy get a monthly.
    Last edited by KeyBrains; 05-06-2016 at 06:30 AM.

Spectacular Member

The problem is, who gets to decide whats despicable?

Also, have you actually read the transcripts of the conversation? He is having a frank discussion (which is a good thing) with a fan about transgender people and issues. He draws a comparison in so much that - there is something going on a person's brain (which we don't fully understand) that makes them transgender just like there is something going on inside a persons brain (which we don't fully understand) that makes them attracted to young children, yet one group is considered mentally ill and the other isn't. If you read it in full I don't think a you'll come to the conclusion that he saying trans-people are like pedophiles in a derogatory way.

Spectacular Member

1) Bring back the character's most famous and iconic looks and costumes (although there can be some modernization tweaks).

2) Make new UNIQUE characters for diversity sake, don't touch the older, already established characters. I'd rather have Sam Wilson being the Falcon than a second Captain America.

3) Shrink down teams into 5-8 member teams of their biggest, most iconic members. No more every hero ever being an Avenger or every mutant ever being an X-Man on Utopia.
    Last edited by Wulf1984; 05-06-2016 at 07:57 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sluggo View Post
    Everybody gets to decide for himself, and John Byrne has said way too much incredibly offensive stuff over the years for him to get the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Why should it matter what he said. It doesn't effect me and it shouldn't you. All that should matter in comics is if he does or did good work. Mel Gibson said stupid ****. That doesn't mean Lethal Weapon isn't good anymore or that he couldn't make another great movie. It just means he believes stupid ****.
    All I'm saying is, before Marvel brings back a transphobic jerk, I'd rather they bring in a transgender writer.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggo View Post

Also, have you actually read the transcripts of the conversation? He is having a frank discussion (which is a good thing) with a fan about transgender people and issues. He draws a comparison in so much that - there is something going on a person's brain (which we don't fully understand) that makes them transgender just like there is something going on inside a persons brain (which we don't fully understand) that makes them attracted to young children, yet one group is considered mentally ill and the other isn't. If you read it in full I don't think a you'll come to the conclusion that he saying trans-people are like pedophiles in a derogatory way.
    He's still saying they're mentally ill, and saying that gender dysphoria is equivalent to pedophilia. He may not have been ranting and raving, but he was still making disgusting comments and comparisons, and I'd prefer Marvel not give him a call any time soon.

#1 have the dark phoenix destroy it

#2 have the scarlet witch re birth it

#3 have jean grey back as the phoenix.

BANNED

Ah. This thread is as regressive as the DC counterpart I see.

Let's see what I can do...

1. Soft reboot the X-Men line (or alternatively hard reboot the X-Men fandom). Use Tempus' time wimey shenanigans to make a world where the evil Cyclops no one wants to commit to exists as an AU character, then Do a crossover between the modern books, the Cyclops-verse, and some idyllic AU. Combine everything that sticks into a new timeline.

2. Annual events are fine, but ease up on show-stopping numbers. If more than 6 books have to stop to tell the story, you're doing it wrong. Heroes shalt not fight heroes.

3. Change of leadership on teambooks all around. Years of Iron Man / Cap on Avengers and Cyke/ Logan on X-Msn is stale. Bring in some female blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    1. Bring back the Fantastic Four. Stop worrying about what Fox is doing with the movie rights. The movie stunk, we know you want to stick it to them Marvel, but you're hurting the fans so stop being babies about it and give the fans what they want. They're not called Marvel's first family for nothing. Give them a great creative team and have them do what they do best--go on space faring adventures and stopping cosmic threats to earth.
    What the fans wanted wasn't a Fantastic Four book until it got cancelled. Fox has nothing to do with it, otherwise they wouldn't be publishing X-Men books either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf1984 View Post
    1) Bring back the character's most famous and iconic looks and costumes (although there can be some modernization tweaks).

2) Make new UNIQUE characters for diversity sake, don't touch the older, already established characters. I'd rather have Sam Wilson being the Falcon than a second Captain America.

3) Shrink down teams into 5-8 member teams of their biggest, most iconic members. No more every hero ever being an Avenger or every mutant ever being an X-Man on Utopia.
    The "most iconic" look is highly subjective though. A lot of people love Ms Marvel's black swimsuit, but many others prefer her McKelvie costume.