Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

in order to make a great Superman Game make sure its running on the Cry Engine first because it will make the game realistic or Rocksteady can develop the game themselves since he was mention alot in Batman Arkham Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Lol it has quite a lot. But there are 2 main ones. Trish and Jennefer.
    im planning on getting the Witcher 3 on my birthday June 7th. choosing one of them will be a tough choice to make
    Last edited by AndrewBatman82; 05-11-2016 at 12:54 PM.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBatman82 View Post
    in order to make a great Superman Game make sure its running on the Cry Engine first because it will make the game realistic or Rocksteady can develop the game themselves since he was mention alot in Batman Arkham Knight.

im planning on getting the Witcher 3 on my birthday June 7th. choosing one of them will be a tough choice to make
    During the Silver Age, there was a polygamist Superman who chose "all of the above".

But yes, about a fighting action game, the engine for the Batman Arkham games already has a lot of potential in terms of its own physics properties for supporting gameplay for say Flash, Superman, and other heroes, it's all a question of when they decide to put some creative effort on the table.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 05-11-2016 at 05:15 PM.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

RE: a Superman game made by Rocksteady. I think they said once they aren't suited for a Superman game. Something along the lines of not being fans of Superman, not understanding him or something. So I'm pretty much sure Rocksteady is out of the equation.

Amazing Member

As far as "evil Superman", I always thought the idea of Earth-3 trying to "merge" with ours was cool. The more you play Kal as "Superman" (see: good) will help you power up to a showdown with The Crime Syndicate, but the more "Ultraman" (see: bad) route will leave you hurting against the CS. That's potential for a Justice League game though (but they could appear as minor characters like the Bat-allies do in 'Arkham' games).

I like the Rocksteady tradition of "world-building", so I'd keep it in Metropolis for an initial game before introducing the outer space elements in a follow-up. Mongul/WarWorld would be sick, but that may be a bit much for his first outing. I'd rather see "Superman vs The Rogues of Metropolis" first up.

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    RE: a Superman game made by Rocksteady. I think they said once they aren't suited for a Superman game. Something along the lines of not being fans of Superman, not understanding him or something. So I'm pretty much sure Rocksteady is out of the equation.
    I see Batman games and Superman games as VERY different animals. Batman has the stealth and hand to hand martial arts awesomeness... Superman is more flying/heatvision/superstrength. I LOVE the rocksteady games, but I don't think there would be any correlation between making a great batman game and naturally making a great Superman one.

Now... I'd give a LOT for Rocksteady to a faithful comic Daredevil game!!! oH yes I would!!!

I guess to shake this up a bit, what would be some 5 interesting villains to put into this game:

For me, I would like to have

1) Hel
    2) Brainiac
    3) Lex Luthor in a strong supporting role as someone who argues about the risk of Superman, and helps with other villains like Metallo.
    4) Hercules(Prove who is the strongest man alive, like the Silver Age)
    5) Mongul, and no I mean Pre-Crisis Mongul where you need technique to beat him because he can overpower you physically.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 05-12-2016 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I see Batman games and Superman games as VERY different animals. Batman has the stealth and hand to hand martial arts awesomeness... Superman is more flying/heatvision/superstrength. I LOVE the rocksteady games, but I don't think there would be any correlation between making a great batman game and naturally making a great Superman one.

Now... I'd give a LOT for Rocksteady to a faithful comic Daredevil game!!! oH yes I would!!!
    Exactly. If they don't know how to approach a Superman game, it's best they don't do anything. Now they certainly would be a great choice for a Daredevil game.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    I guess to shake this up a bit, what would be some 5 interesting villains to put into this game:

For me, I would like to have

1) Hel
    2) Brainiac
    3) Lex Luthor in a strong supporting role as someone who argues about the risk of Superman, and helps with other villains like Metallo.
    4) Hercules(Prove who is the strongest man alive, like the Silver Age)
    5) Mongul, and no I mean Pre-Crisis Mongul where you need technique to beat him because he can overpower you physically.
    Interesting choices.

I'd add Manchester Black to that mix. Damn I loved that guy.

Interesting choices.

I'd add Manchester Black to that mix. Damn I loved that guy.
    Without a doubt, I loved him Pre52, but they demoted him, like other Superman villains, Post52.

Yeah. Haven't seen him post52 (at least I can't remember). But pre52 he sure was special.

Yeah. Haven't seen him post52 (at least I can't remember). But pre52 he sure was special.
    He is now on Teen Titans as a villain, and he got schooled. Being that I have not been on Teen Titans in the New 52, I didn't know either until two days ago.

WHAT?! Damn them. I figure Superman got tired of having his villains stolen from him. Mongul, Cyborg Superman, and now Manchester freaking Black.

Next thing you know, Khyber will be reintroduced as a Section 8 villain. *sigh*

WHAT?! Damn them. I figure Superman got tired of having his villains stolen from him. Mongul, Cyborg Superman, and now Manchester freaking Black.

There was only one true Mongul to me, the one that could physically overpower Superman, and then some. Superman and the Legion combined had a draw with that early Pre-Crisis Mongul, and the fundamental disagreement I have with what was done with Superman is that well, I don't see as much of a need for limiting him in strength. I see him as a character that can, being a fantasy character in the first place, be rediculously principled, rediculously strong, etc. The idea that Superman was OP in Pre-Crisis was BS, Mongul, Darkseid, and others beat him in that era by their sheer might.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    He is now on Teen Titans as a villain, and he got schooled. Being that I have not been on Teen Titans in the New 52, I didn't know either until two days ago.
    Yeah, what is up with them putting Superman villains somewhere else?

Let's just not give DC any ideas. I just hope Mxyzptlk doesn't get demoted, or Kenny Braverman for some odd reason doesn't become a Supergirl villain, and so on.

So here's my idea of villains for the game:

1) Lex Luthor, battles you with the battle armor at one point in the game.
    2) Atomic Skull (need to do damage control while fighting him)
    3) Zod (has powers just like you)
    4) Parasite
    5) Conduit

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think a Superman video would be challenging because of his insane power levels and the difficulties of making flight controls that are easy to use and fun.

However, I think a good design team could make it work by having Superman be trapped inside Brainiac's bottle cities to get around the "why doesn't he just fly into space" problem. This would also serve to depower Superman, so you could spend the game slowly powering him back up again and reintroducing each of his powers, thereby allowing players to feel a sense of progression. This would also allow the game designers to open up new environments as the character progresses, moving from Metropolis to Argo City to various other alien bottled cities trapped within Brainiac's menagerie. It would also provide Superman with a limitless number of robotic cannon fodder to plow through, while also allowing for most of Superman's rogues gallery to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think a Superman video would be challenging because of his insane power levels and the difficulties of making flight controls that are easy to use and fun.

However, I think a good design team could make it work by having Superman be trapped inside Brainiac's bottle cities to get around the "why doesn't he just fly into space" problem. This would also serve to depower Superman, so you could spend the game slowly powering him back up again and reintroducing each of his powers, thereby allowing players to feel a sense of progression. This would also allow the game designers to open up new environments as the character progresses, moving from Metropolis to Argo City to various other alien bottled cities trapped within Brainiac's menagerie. It would also provide Superman with a limitless number of robotic cannon fodder to plow through, while also allowing for most of Superman's rogues gallery to participate.
    You know, that brings back good memories of Superman: Unbound.