View Poll Results: Would you like the X-men to join the MCU?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

78 58.65%
  • No

55 41.35%
Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    BANNED

If more comedic = better, then yes.

As entertaining Marvel Movies are, I don't find myself care for the characters because of the movies. Maybe the new Spidey, but it's part Sony-Marvel.

On the other hand, Fox's movies have strong characters like Magneto, Xavier, Wolverine and they actually make me care about Jean (sans X3), Rogue, and Mystique.

I don't see Marvel doin better X-men movies than Fox. They might make fun-lighthearted X-men movies but not necessarily better. I would love to see Marvel and Fox collaborating on the X-men movies, but I dont' see it coming anytime soon.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    none of the Xmen movies were good and don't measure up to even 10% of the actual stories they were supposed to be based upon. hopefully mstvsk can work a deal like they did with Sony for spiderman.
    You don't like Legion and Gifted?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    none of the Xmen movies were good and don't measure up to even 10% of the actual stories they were supposed to be based upon. hopefully mstvsk can work a deal like they did with Sony for spiderman.
    Logan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OML
    Deadpool movie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anything Deadpool related in comics
    First Class >>>>>> Actual FC comic

Like them or not, but the first two X-films, DOFP, Legion and The Gifted have also been well received by majority of audiences and critics. Also, there's no way Disney would be letting this much variety for X-Men spin-offs (or this many X-Men spin-offs at all) if they had the rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Logan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OML
    Deadpool movie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anything Deadpool related in comics
    First Class >>>>>> Actual FC comic

Like them or not, but the first two X-films, DOFP, Legion and The Gifted have also been well received by majority of audiences and critics. Also, there's no way Disney would be letting this much variety for X-Men spin-offs (or this many X-Men spin-offs at all) if they had the rights.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    If more comedic = better, then yes.
    X-Men movies should be more comedic. The comics are not even remotely as dour and grim as the movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Yes, they are apart of the MCU. TV shows are in the same universe as the films.

I'm not talking about NuHumans in SHEILD. I'm talking about the Inhumans TV show that just came out. There it revealed that a race of superpowered beings were in hiding and are revealing themselves to the world. I'm saying that revealing mutants as another superhuman race in the MCU that was in hiding and are finally revealing themselves to the world would indeed make it a rip-off of Inhuman. Especially, when it's so soon after Inhumans series.
    There are now two MCUs.

There used to be an MCU. Now there are two. And what they split up about seems to be the Inhumans and Perlmutter's hate-on for the X-Men.

One is movies, and is controlled by Kevin Feige. The other one is on tv, and is controlled by Ike Perlmutter. Feige and Perlmutter don't like each other at all. Feige had Disney remove Permutter's influence over the movies, and roughly at the same time the Inhumans movie stopped being a thing.

Inhumans have been a thing in Agents Of SHIELD for over three years now, and the word Inhuman has yet to even drop in the movies, despite Inhumans being relatively wide-spread now in the tv-MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    X-Men movies should be more comedic. The comics are not even remotely as dour and grim as the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    DOFP had good balance. It had a good mix of comedy, despite the dark theme

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    You don't like Legion and Gifted?
    Legion is boring and overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Legion is boring and overrated
    Legion is great and every episode has smth unique. It deserves everything for what it is praised. I was dissapointed only with last episode. It was normal just not as great as all other episodes.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I think it'd depend on what you consider better.

At the moment there is a lot of X-Men movies, and there are way more, way more frequently than there would be if the X-Men were in the MCU.

However, obviously the MCU X-Men movies would be better quality. And there would no doubt be X-Men MCU tv shows.

So it'd come down to quality vs quantity, you're getting a lot more quantity out of it being Fox's sole successful Marvel franchise, where as with MCU it'd be another franchise in a very long list of successful franchises.

I'm torn on this.

I loved X1, X2, DOFP, Deadpool, Logan, Legion and Gifted. I think Fox did a great job on those and overall has more wins then Marvel. BUT, the fails are just unforgivable. Specially on the main universe. I feel at this point it's the same plot over and over. That being said I was never moved by ANY Marvel film. They are fun but shallow and to much for kids for my taste.

I would only like if Marvel got the rights back because that would mean a reboot and I love change. But mainly because we would get a lot more toys, games and cartoons for the X-Men.

Si as I said, I'm torn.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

But if they share the rights like they do with Sony, Marvel takes cares of the main X-men films rebooting and integrating them to the MCU and Fox could make Spin-off and Solo movies and TV series that may or may not be in the main universe, something similar to what Sonyis doing with Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunoni View Post
    But if they share the rights like they do with Sony, Marvel takes cares of the main X-men films rebooting and integrating them to the MCU and Fox could make Spin-off and Solo movies and TV series that may or may not be in the main universe, something similar to what Sonyis doing with Venom.
    Marvel will just take care of Wolverine and Deadpool. All other cahacters that Marvel don`t care about will be left for Spin-offs for FOX.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    And that is one movie out of how many now?