View Poll Results: Would you like the X-men to join the MCU?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

78 58.65%
  • No

55 41.35%
Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nunoni View Post
    But if they share the rights like they do with Sony, Marvel takes cares of the main X-men films rebooting and integrating them to the MCU and Fox could make Spin-off and Solo movies and TV series that may or may not be in the main universe, something similar to what Sonyis doing with Venom.
    All that's fine in theory but I'm not satisfied with the "Disneyfied" tone for the MCU films at all. Not to mention the current Marvel toons and most of the MCU-related shows are kinda crappy so I think it's actually a bullet dodged in that respect for the X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Marvel will just take care of Wolverine and Deadpool. All other cahacters that Marvel don`t care about will be left for Spin-offs for FOX.
    It's not as if Fox cares about any of the characters except Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto, and Mystique. They didn't care even a little bit about Deadpool until hey realised how much money there could be in it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    All that's fine in theory but I'm not satisfied with the "Disneyfied" tone for the MCU films at all. Not to mention the current Marvel toons and most of the MCU-related shows are kinda crappy so I think it's actually a bullet dodged in that respect for the X-Men.
    How is it Disneyfied when it's the same tone from before Disney bought Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And that is one movie out of how many now?
    All of the X-related movies save for the Wolverine films (and that was down to the directors' decisions) had a decent amount of humor. Just because it isn't a tryhard quip a thon like Iron Man and Saturday Morning cartoons-y like Guardians of the Galaxy doesn't mean the films were fully devoid of humor.

How is it Disneyfied when it's the same tone from before Disney bought Marvel?
    You cannot really believe that pre-MCU Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor etc. are the same as post-MCU Guardians, Thor etc. Even when it comes to someone like Tony Stark, where's his "Demon in a Bottle" storyline?

Amazing Member

That's why the shows should be done by Fox. I'm sorry but when it comes to Singer's X-men I honestly can't believe that Marvel will do a worse job than him, I don't think it's possible. And Marvel might make the X-men with a similar tone that with the one they made Winter soldier, and that's it.

It's not as if Fox cares about any of the characters except Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto, and Mystique. They didn't care even a little bit about Deadpool until hey realised how much money there could be in it.
    They're at least trying now with Legion, Lorna and company in Gifted, New Mutants, Cable and X-Force, Gambit, possibly X-23, etc. And let's see how Jean, Scott, Storm and Nightcrawler fare in DP first.

No way DisMar will have the same incentive to focus on all of these characters when the brands they fully own are much more lucrative. The comics of the past several years are more than ample examples of that.

Amazing Member

They're at least trying now with Legion, Lorna and company in Gifted, New Mutants, Cable and X-Force, Gambit, possibly X-23, etc. And let's see how Jean, Scott, Storm and Nightcrawler fare in DP first.

No way DisMar will have the same incentive to focus on all of these characters when the brands they fully own are much more lucrative. The comics of the past several years are more than ample examples of that.
    Dont cofuse those people. The people that are trying to finally bring some sort of character development are not same one that is working on Dark Phoenix.

That's why the shows should be done by Fox. I'm sorry but when it comes to Singer's X-men I honestly can't believe that Marvel will do a worse job than him, I don't think it's possible.
    Didn't read Guardians before but the few fans they did have pre-MCU will tell you that Marvel can and will do much worse. On a character wise basis, I can tell you being a Janet van Dyne fan that Marvel has done a far worse job with her (by not even including her until the 19th movie or something in which case she's not even the primary Wasp) than Fox has with Jean.

And Marvel might make the X-men with a similar tone that with the one they made Winter soldier, and that's it.
    WS is still nowhere near as political as X-Men though.

I hope Marvel never get the rights back, they are a despicable company.
    In their petty squabble with Fox, the only people they’ve hurt are the fans and they don’t care.

Amazing Member

Didn't read Guardians before but the few fans they did have pre-MCU will tell you that Marvel can and will do much worse. On a character wise basis, I can tell you being a Janet van Dyne fan that Marvel has done a far worse job with her (by not even including her until the 19th movie or something in which case she's not even the primary Wasp) than Fox has with Jean.

WS is still nowhere near as political as X-Men though.
    But MCU is now completly under Feige, those were the times where that creative board was also in charge. Besides I also don't expect them to give each character a lot of screen time. But you can't actually think that a whole trilogy devoted solely to Xavier-Magneto-Mystique bs over the actual X-men is more tolerable.

Dont cofuse those people. The people that are trying to finally bring some sort of character development are not same one that is working on Dark Phoenix.
    Splitting hairs. They're still all Fox movies.

But MCU is now completly under Feige, those were the times where that creative board was also in charge. Besides I also don't expect them to give each character a lot of screen time. But you can't actually think that a whole trilogy devoted solely to Xavier-MAgneto-Mystique bs is more tolerable.
    At this point, Avengers/Guardians have been firmly established as the flagship brands of the MCU so I don't think Feige will do anything to rock the boat even if Fox makes a deal with him. Which is fine as it is smart business but it doesn't mean I have to root for it to happen.

And they were always honest about the second trilogy centring around those three. And to be honest those three characters were always fascinating and FC/DOFP was well received. Apocalypse just wasn't the right choice to give their arc a proper closure. In fact, it would probably have been better if Apoc had been saved for the fourth film altogether and the last of the trilogy focused on the trio proper with Scott/Jean/Storm introduced as the future of the franchise.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Splitting hairs. They're still all Fox movies.
    All but the creatively. The main X-men movies aren't taking cues from Deapool.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I like to hope they would, but then Fox brings us something great like The Gifted.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier