View Poll Results: Would you like the X-men to join the MCU?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

78 58.65%
  • No

55 41.35%
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post

A captain America solo movie is different. Had some mutants had solo films then you can compare truthfully. However a film like dofp, mystique had more development than cpatian America and black widow in all their own movies. same for strom in X3, Cyclops, Storm, Colossus, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Havok, Kitty don’t have their own solo movies. However nightcralwrer still got better development in X2 than most mcu characters in team movies and acted more human and was more relatable.
    Then again, in a movie like Avengers (team movies), every characterisation is in place. You never feel embarrassed or weird about any MCU character, even in their briefs appereances. Their personalities are right. Itīs not about wheather itīs a team or an individual movie. The five seconds vision talks in Avengers II are perfect, HE IS VISION. When you see Cyclops in any FOX movie... well, whatever.

Fox doesnīt care about the source material. They donīt get it and they donīt understand it.

Iīm an X-men fan i want an X-Men movie with X-Men characters, with an X-Men feel. FOX movies are about super powered people, they could be the X-Men or the radiation kids, or me with telekinsis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nunoni View Post
    It's still highest grossing despite being a low buget Deadpool movie, it's still above X-men. More people would rather see that than Wolverine and X-men, The X-men were always a big IP and it was Deadpool what put them in the map again. Do you know how pathetic it is that the X-men are hanging by Deadpool's balls? And First Class didn't perform that well and that was suppose to be a reboot and the introduction of some costume with color.

Whatever many long time comic book fans cannot beleive that the Avengers became this popular, and the Ultimate line was really popular when it first came out and not because of the Avengers but because it was made for new fans. The MCU took a lot of the Ultimate Universe.
    avengers are popular to who and because of what exactly and if they are so popular why do their fans want xmen so badly and try to steal our characters? xmen has had relevance for more than 50 years that has kept this series alive with all the disney plan to kill it. disney can end avengers and mcu if they want. they cant with xmen.

do children that like avengers 1, will they like it when they watch dofp and logan in 7 years? history has shown quality overrides quantity. what movies will kids appreciate in 10 years. a movie like avengers that deals with superficial alien invasion with a thin plot where is all fun and games or DOFP a movie that deals with genocide, depression and real drama? avengers is seen as a joke, it is no batman or xmen that are respected and taken seriously.

Ah, the good thing about deadpool, although not the best xmen movie was to show fox that fox can make more money than what they are doing right now and they dont need marvel to help them make money.fox is asking this questions.

the last good xmen movie they had made 750m with a sex scandal, the last bad movie still made 500m

their two r rated made 600+700 million...some of the most successful r rated ever made

so what fox now has to do its maintain quality, change marketing and get the right people, close the singer universe once and for all and if fox ever has a cross over movie (xmen, xforce, new mutants) that will easily pushed past a billion with no disney to help or toys to sells.

Wait avengers is made for new fans? this is not an excuse for marvel deep in quality aka check out the mess that is MCU games, cartoons and yes movies. seriously even when twilight was on, film makers did not speak out. the fact that film makers are speaking out against mcu movies tells you how bad and less taken seriously avengers are and you want xmen to join that. I think not.

It is xmen vs dismarvel and marvel is loosing the artistic aspect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    You gotta compare an adaptation to the storylines they were based. Example: You can't compare Harry Potter: The Sorcerer's Stone to The Chamber of Secrets book.
    You're making my point for me.

Fox chooses to adapt the most dour and grim parts of X-canon.

It's not "the movies are gloomy because we picked some random X-Men stories and they were all like that."
    It's "We want some seriously dour and overly serious X-Men movies. Now, which stories that are like that could we adapt?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gortam View Post
    Then again, in a movie like Avengers (team movies), every characterisation is in place. You never feel embarrassed or weird about any MCU character, even in their briefs appereances. Their personalities are right. Itīs not about wheather itīs a team or an individual movie. The five seconds vision talks in Avengers II are perfect, HE IS VISION. When you see Cyclops in any FOX movie... well, whatever.

Fox doesnīt care about the source material. They donīt get it and they donīt understand it.

Iīm an X-men fan i want an X-Men movie with X-Men characters, with an X-Men feel. FOX movies are about super powered people, they could be the X-Men or the radiation kids, or me with telekinsis.
    Except avengers did not have any real characterization, they spent too much time blowing up cities than having any real character moment or bond. I think this is where Joss whedon said the movie could have been better.

if everyone persona is to make jokes, what I am paying money to watch? wait this is the same avengers that the big bad is made into joke by hulk? a far cry from the excellent paradox of shaw's death in first class? how was loki defeated again in avengers?

ah, that is how you write a plot. avengers is more of a gag reel

source material: why is dofp more faithful than civil war

Ah, none of my question are been answered. well, that is why it is called truth. the truth is an end to everything and a case closed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    You're making my point for me.

Fox chooses to adapt the most dour and grim parts of X-canon.

It's not "the movies are gloomy because we picked some random X-Men stories and they were all like that."
    It's "We want some seriously dour and overly serious X-Men movies. Now, which stories that are like that could we adapt?"
    also can you explain as an ''xmen'' fan why this scene

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Marvel Studios is run by a guy who used to work on the X-Men films and seems to generally enjoy them though. He even hired some writers who worked on the X-films to do a couple of MCU films.

People seem to assume that the people at Marvel dislike the X-films when there is just no evidence to support that. Especially when Marvel TV just lets Fox do their thing with the X-Men TV series.
    Kevin Feige was an executive producer on almost every modern pre-MCU Marvel movie.
    That's not the same as actually working on them.

BANNED

Is better than this scene. truly really do care to explain in great details.

How does an xmen fan come to that conclusion based on xmen lore that the video above is better than this video. that is impossible.

ah, all what I am doing here is proving martin Scorsese was right about film making and film criticism and speaking out for the real fans of xmen.

BANNED

In the real world of film, there is no big but. There is quality or quantity. The characters in mcu are perfect you mean like when everyone making jokes and everything is watered down. So the characters are perfect yet RDJ has said playing iron man is getting embarrassing? And many artist have quit the mcu because their find all their movies unrealistically shallow. Guess why ofor rdj? His iron man movies don’t have enough meat. LOL, did you just call it a Tarantino concept? Please don't diss Tarantino. I am sure taretinto hates mcu movies.

This is a tarentino concept. as proven right here.
    How is that a Tarantino concept when people have been doing that since before he was born?
    Tarantino makes very enjoyable movies, occasionally even a great one. But they're all homages with not a lot in them in the way of original elements. He remixes cinema from the 60s and 70s in interesting and newish ways.

BANNED

also can you explain as an ''xmen'' fan why this scene
    Is better than this scene. truly really do care to explain in great details.

How does an xmen fan come to that conclusion based on xmen lore that the video above is better than this video. that is impossible.
    [/QUOTE]
    It's a great performance on the part of Fassbender, but the contents of speech itself are kinda trite. It's demagoguery by the numbers.

Also, giving the best parts of your movie to the villain is not something I am a fan of.

Buy the way, what is the relevance of this with regards to what was being discussed?
    Last edited by Carabas; 10-12-2017 at 02:26 PM.

BANNED

Ah, none of my question are been answered. well, that is why it is called truth. the truth is an end to everything and a case closed.
    Well, that's what will happen when the only answers you will accept are those in your head.

BANNED

content of speech is kind of trite? because marvel uses jokes? sorry, I did not think it was trite but it is understandable that you will say its trite. not trite because the speech confirmed in a sadistic way that both eric and charles were both right and it was eerie, to give that speech in the past as mutants are getting slaughtered in the future. the great paradox is what makes dofp superior to avengers. you see avengers is basic, it is elementary in story and no not in a sherlock holmes way.

also giving villians the best part is nothing new, it is great and what makes movies better, mcu has no good villians, that is mcu faULT not dofp fault. but you forgot the heroes also got the best part too in DOFP. Right here

there is that saying that first class was a fassbender film. DOFP was a Mcvoy film. ah, see this is why I said xmen movies are better. funny I am simply only using what martin Scorsese and everyone says makes a good or bad film.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 10-12-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's a great performance on the part of Fassbender, but the contents of speech itself are kinda trite. It's demagoguery by the numbers.

Also, giving the best parts of your movie to the villain is not something I am a fan of.

Buy the way, what is the relevance of this with regards to what was being discussed?
    The best part? The entire second trilogy was about Magneto! In Apocalypse he murdered more people than Apocalypse but we are supposed to feel really sorry for him!. You know at least Marvel's Avengers movies have Avengers. I go to see Fox X-men and I see no X-men there...

BANNED

content of speech is kind of trite? because marvel uses jokes?
    No, because it was trite. The MCU isn't even relevant in this. It would still be trite if Marvel never had gone into movies. But at least when the MCU wants to say a thing or two about racism, they bring out Luke Cage.

We have heard Magneto make versions of the same speech in practically every story he's een in since his origin got retconned in the 80's. It's old news. And the message doesn't really come across the way it should if the speech had come from a character victimised by real racism and bigotry.

BANNED

there is that saying that first class was a fassbender film. DOFP was a Mcvoy film. ah, see this is why I said xmen movies are better. funny I am simply only using what martin Scorsese and everyone says makes a good or bad films and I am embarrassed for MCU.
    What's crucial here though is that neither First Class nor Days Of Future Present were X-Men films.

And what is this nonsens about Martin Scorsese?

Except avengers did not have any real characterization, they spent too much time blowing up cities than having any real character moment or bond. I think this is where Joss whedon said the movie could have been better.

if everyone persona is to make jokes, what I am paying money to watch? wait this is the same avengers that the big bad is made into joke by hulk? a far cry from the excellent paradox of shaw's death in first class? how was loki defeated again in avengers?

ah, that is how you write a plot. avengers is more of a gag reel

source material: why is dofp more faithful than civil war

I have no prolbem with realism, or blood (as a wolverine fan), or good drama. Iīm not telling MCU is better and that the X-Men movies should be like the Avengers movies. That would also miss the point. It would miss it big deal.

What iīm saying is Marvel delivers their characters better than any X-Men movie. Deadpool and colossus characterization is better than any X-Men movie. And thatīs the point.

I want an X-Men movie as it should be, not like an avengers movie. Thing is you think that if Marvel would make the movies, they would be like the avengers. And I donīt agree. I think Marvel would make an X-Men movie as it should. And their characters, all of them, would be as they should.