View Poll Results: Would you like the X-men to join the MCU?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

78 58.65%
  • No

55 41.35%
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I'm almost 100% certain Marvel would make better X-Men movies than FOX. I have no reason to believe they wouldn't...
    Well, if DOFP Sentinels were as dangerous and hard to destroy as Ultron`s robots then it would be pretty bad movie.

Also FOX`s Quicksilver is better)

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Fox's QS feels like an adaptation of the one in Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Some of the X-men movies have been great but none of them have attained the critical reception of Iron Man or The Avengers (I think).
    Days of Future Past had similar reception to Ironman.

Also, people need to get informed, Disney DO make R-rated movies but they release them through Touchstone pictures (movies like Bridge of Spies are actually Disney movies). Touchstone isn't a sub-division like Marvel, it's Disney proper making the movies. Disney will not make an R-rated superhero movie simply because the source material (with the exception of darker characters like Blade and Punisher) don't really lend themselves to that. The Netflix shows have handled that very well and there's little reason to deviate from a formula that fans and critics like.
    The Daredevil movie they originally had planned wasn't going to be R-rated. The director stated that he was able get away with that on Netflix but when it comes to films they are not into R-rated Marvel flicks.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-21-2016 at 09:19 AM.

BANNED

I'd say "YES"

Sorry Fox.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I can't really say but I have no doubt that Marvel can easily make a great X-men movie. They do own the characters and are the ones that made them fan favorites in the first place.

Some of the X-men movies have been great but none of them have attained the critical reception of Iron Man or The Avengers (I think). By all indications, it seems the Civil War will attain the same critical reception. At the same time, the average ratings of the X-men movies do tend to be higher. So while the X-men movies have been generally well received they haven't reached that "highest high" critically like some Marvel movies.

Also, people need to get informed, Disney DO make R-rated movies but they release them through Touchstone pictures (movies like Bridge of Spies are actually Disney movies). Touchstone isn't a sub-division like Marvel, it's Disney proper making the movies. Disney will not make an R-rated superhero movie simply because the source material (with the exception of darker characters like Blade and Punisher) don't really lend themselves to that. The Netflix shows have handled that very well and there's little reason to deviate from a formula that fans and critics like.
    X2, and DoFP, are both on the same level of critical reception of Avengers and Winter Soldier.

Spectacular Member Emilio Garra's Avatar

Marvel would without a doubt do a better job with the X-Men franchise than what we've gotten so far. For one, I'm certain Cyclops would be presented as a leader and an actual character rather than some d-bag jerk from a typical 80's flick. I'm certain Storm would be presented stronger as a prominent forefront character rather than someone without a voice who's only purpose thus far has been to display usage of power(hand motions). I'm certain Wolverine would be presented as a skilled fighter rather than someone who swings wildly like they're a girl in a worldstar video. From the little footage I've seen of Black Panther in Civil War, his fight style and movement is like that of an animal, something I wish we could've gotten from Logan in these flicks. I'm certain the X-Men would have some chemistry/synergy and feel like an actual team rather than the focus be on just 2 or 3 characters at most.

So yes, I believe Marvel would without a doubt knock it out the park with an X-Men flick and the franchise would be the top dog in the industry again like in the good ol' days.

The MCU is simply NOT a good fit for the mutants.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Better movies? That depends. But what I'm sure is that the characters would be better represented. In both appearance, story and personality.

This.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    The MCU is simply NOT a good fit for the mutants.
    Then, wait til you get a load of the Inhumans.......

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

They'd make a decent DAZZLER movie. Especially since Fox has apparently no desire to ever put her in movies >:0

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio Garra View Post

So yes, I believe Marvel would without a doubt knock it out the park with an X-Men flick and the franchise would be the top dog in the industry again like in the good ol' days.
    The 2000s belonged to the Avengers comics. Just look at sales figures. The X-men haven't been top dogs in awhile.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-21-2016 at 10:08 AM.

Spectacular Member Emilio Garra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    The 2000s belonged to the Avengers comics. Just look at sales figures. The X-men haven't been top dogs in awhile.
    But I said the good ol' days. The early 2000's was when I stopped collecting comics, the influence the X-movies had on the books at that time had a hand in that

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Which part of the 00's, certainly not before Bendis took over and a case could be made for even after, Gillen's UXM certainly outsold Avengers consistently!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    This.

Then, wait til you get a load of the Inhumans.......
    Yes, the Inhumans movie that just moved off the table, in not already scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    They'd make a decent DAZZLER movie. Especially since Fox has apparently no desire to ever put her in movies >:0
    Dancing, and singing? James Gunn would be first in line to direct.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Yes, the Inhumans movie that just moved off the table, in not already scrapped.
    You misunderstand I never said it was a good idea, I was hinting at the fact that that's the role Marvel was shoehorning them into.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    You misunderstand I never said it was a good idea, I was hinting at the fact that that's the role Marvel was shoehorning them into.
    That would probably be the case, because I doubt that Disney could pull off the brutal, dynastic, and ASOIAF, tone.