View Poll Results: Would you like the X-men to join the MCU?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

78 58.65%
  • No

55 41.35%
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

The title of this thread should be "Do people think Kevin Fiege would make better X-Men movies then Fox?"

Because does anybody here think Inhumans is better than Gifted?

No, the X-Men are much more suited towards being home at Fox than Marvel Studios.

First of all, it suits that the X-Men have their own cinematic universe from how large and vast the history and characters are. Marvel could only cater so little towards the X-Men from also having the rest of their characters. Plus, Marvel will never dare to make R-Rated films and experiment with the tone as New Mutants will be. I love Marvel Studios, but one of my biggest gripes with them as of right now is that each of their films are just too similar as one another and not different enough.

Tonally, the X-Men aren't the same as the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy which is what Marvel would most likely present them as. Yes, Fox aren't perfect, but unlike Marvel these days they're willing to experiment with their series as Deadpool and Legion showed us. No matter what you're opinion on how New Mutants looks like right now, you still can't deny that it's already more bold and creative than what Marvel is making these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Fixed for you. Though those films are two different genres.

Didn't know having a different opinion on a subjective matter means delusional.
    Different genres? Oh yeah that’s right Fox is cheap and wants to make a horror film instead of a comic book movie to save money because they can’t afford it. And you eat it right up lol like I said delusional...

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlinger1997 View Post
    No, the X-Men are much more suited towards being home at Fox than Marvel Studios.

First of all, it suits that the X-Men have their own cinematic universe from how large and vast the history and characters are. Marvel could only cater so little towards the X-Men from also having the rest of their characters. Plus, Marvel will never dare to make R-Rated films and experiment with the tone as New Mutants will be. I love Marvel Studios, but one of my biggest gripes with them as of right now is that each of their films are just too similar as one another and not different enough.

Tonally, the X-Men aren't the same as the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy which is what Marvel would most likely present them as. Yes, Fox aren't perfect, but unlike Marvel these days they're willing to experiment with their series as Deadpool and Legion showed us. No matter what you're opinion on how New Mutants looks like right now, you still can't deny that it's already more bold and creative than what Marvel is making these days.
    Per the first two sentences of your opening statement, the xmen have a vast history and characters. Excuse me but just how many of those characters have we actually seen in almost two decades of this drag on of a franchise? Not to mention the ones who’ve been used as filler or wall paper and served no purpose, plus the ones we had to be told who they were?

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Different genres? Oh yeah that’s right Fox is cheap and wants to make a horror film instead of a comic book movie to save money because they can’t afford it. And you eat it right up lol like I said delusional...
    I'm pretty sure that was the director's call to make it a horror movie. If they can afford to make Independence Day 2 they should be able to afford a superhero movie.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-16-2017 at 12:05 PM.

BANNED

First of all, it suits that the X-Men have their own cinematic universe from how large and vast the history and characters are.
    Why x-men shouldn't be with other superheores? they always were. We lost possibilities to watch great stories and gained nothing.
    Marvel could only cater so little towards the X-Men from also having the rest of their characters.Plus, Marvel will never dare to make R-Rated films and experiment with the tone as New Mutants will be. I love Marvel Studios, but one of my biggest gripes with them as of right now is that each of their films are just too similar as one another and not different enough.

I think that You wanted to write that Fox can cater so little towards x-men because they must show more scenes of magneto and mystique.

Yeah Deadpool and Legion are really good but X-men main team is so unlucky...

about R rated films... Netflix series about Deadpool would be only a little weaker than Deadpool movie.
    X-men team movies would be much better.

X-men would have logical franchise instead or random movies.

I'm pretty sure that was the director's call to make it a horror movie. If they can afford to make Independent Day 2 they should be able to afford a superhero movie.
    Something’s keeping them from spending the money...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Something’s keeping them from spending the money...
    Fox spent a lot of money on X-men team movies and it didn't work well compared to cheap movies like Deadpool and Logan.

X-men team movies are actually rather costly. Gotg and winter soldier were cheaper than DOFP or Apo (If we can believe Box office Mojo).

All-New Member

^

Nightcrawler wasn't really a bit player.

And who said that DOFP was there to fix the timeline? Because that is not what they say in interviewers. Also I don't know how where you got the idea that Magneto dialogue. Because Jean, Scott, and Hank's dialogue had more than him in the last movie according to the transcript.

Check don't guess.

EDIT: Mystique was a X-Man in the mid-2000s. It was in an Apocalypse.
    Nightcrawler, one of the founding members of the second team of X-Men, wasn't an X-Man in X2 and he certainly didn't stick around for any more movies.

DOFP?
    http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2...ises-mistakes/
    One example, you google the rest.

The last X-Men movie was so bad I couldn't sit through it. First Class might as well have just been called Magneto's origin story.

Age of Apocalypse was a mini series completely outside of the original canon storyline. I don't need to google, I read that stuff growing up.

I guess if you don't actually know anything about the X-Men, FOX is doing fine. The rest of us hope Marvel gets their property back.

Quote Originally Posted by DMadCat View Post
    Nightcrawler, one of the founding members of the second team of X-Men, wasn't an X-Man in X2 and he certainly didn't stick around for any more movies.

DOFP?
    http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2...ises-mistakes/
    One example, you google the rest.

The last X-Men movie was so bad I couldn't sit through it. First Class might as well have just been called Magneto's origin story.

Age of Apocalypse was a mini series completely outside of the original canon storyline. I don't need to google, I read that stuff growing up.

I guess if you don't actually know anything about the X-Men, FOX is doing fine. The rest of us hope Marvel gets their property back.
    First off, that article fucked up with the first point. The US stopped fighting in Vietnam in January of 1973 as established in both real life and in the film. So there is no way that the first act of Origins takes place in 1975. And it's not by anyone involved with the film so moot point.

I was talking about the Blood of Apocalypse storyline.

I think you mean Kevin Fiege. People should say that for now after Marvel fucked up with the Inhumans(aka MCU's mutants). A property worse than any X-Men property Fox put out so far.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-16-2017 at 01:52 PM.

BANNED

People should say that for now after Marvel fucked up with the Inhumans(aka MCU's mutants). A property worse than any X-Men property Fox put out so far.
    Fox fucked uo with X-men which is hard because X-men are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Fox fucked uo with X-men which is hard because X-men are better.
    Glad to see that you don't even disagree with me about Inhumans being worse than any X-property.

Extraordinary Member

I disagree with your views.
    The movies and shows have been creative and those one shots and related mcu marvel comics.
    Marvel entertainment and marvel studios for live action shows and movies have been more creative then the fox x-men and fantastic four movies.
    Oh and here is the latest views from kevin feige.

More Than Just The Same: MCU Head Kevin Feige Says All Marvel Movies Are 'Relatively Different'

As popular as it is, one of the biggest and most enduring criticisms of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is how similar many of its entries are to each other. Minus a few exceptions, cynical viewers think that Marvel movies are interchangeable, with the only differences being the hero's name and which Infinity Stone the villain was holding. In response, Marvel Entertainment head honcho Kevin Feige defended the MCU, saying that the movies are in fact, different from one another.

Feige Talks About Marvelous Differences

While talking to Uproxx about the upcoming #Marvel movies that include Thor: Ragnarok and Black Panther, Feige acknowledged that the Marvel movies do tend to feel similar to one another. For the producer, there's a perfectly logical reason for this, and it's unavoidable given the tightly-knit group of writers responsible for bringing popular Marvel comics to the big screen.

"I mean, I think it's just the way we make the movies. I think all the movies are relatively different. I think there's a narrative that people like to write about because they're all produced by the same team and they all inhabit the same fictional cinematic universe. That we look for common similarities."

While not downplaying the criticisms and similarities, Feige doubled-down on his belief that the Marvel movies are distinct movies that just so happen to be a part of a greater cinematic universe. To prove his point, the producer cited the most recent Marvel movies that have noticeably been aiming to do something outside of the usual Marvel formula.

"And I'm not saying there aren't common similarities throughout it, but I think 'Thor: Ragnarok' and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' are two totally different types of movies. They're both fun. People both enjoy them. Is that a similarity? If so, I'll take it. If that's a criticism, I'll take that, too. But really, yeah, 'Homecoming,' 'Ragnarok,' '[Black] Panther,' into 'Infinity War,' 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' after that. And a '90s-set 'Captain Marvel' after that; these are six very different movies.If what they have in common is they're all really enjoyable and fun to watch, then I'll take it."

When asked if Thor: Ragnarok, which is being marketed as an inter-galactic road-trip, was the craziest that Marvel could get, Feige reassured Uproxx's Mike Ryan that #Ragnarok - and by extension, future Marvel films - will be a Marvel movie that fans would not be expecting.

"The truth of the matter is I think they're all unusual and I think they all seem to be funnier than people expect. People said the same thing to me about 'Guardians [of the Galaxy],' people said the same thing to me three months ago about 'Spider-Man: Homecoming.' But, certainly, this is the one that we followed our instincts into comedy unabashedly."
    https://moviepilot.com/p/kevin-feige...ticism/4414149
    Last edited by mace11; 10-27-2017 at 02:17 AM.

It's complicated but I chose no.

Do I think marvel would make more comic-accurate characters, Better power displays and story scripts, and universe building than fox? Yes.

But ultimately I think that type of style, while it would certainly sell more, just isn't what I want out of An xmen movie, sorry.

The fox movies have their fair share of flaws but I like how the movies feel like they could actually exist in our world, except with mutants. Just
    Imo.

In a perfect world I'd like marvel to make one xmen movie and see how well they do it. I'd Be open to being persuaded.
    Last edited by Grey; 10-28-2017 at 01:06 AM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

X-Men would reach Avengers heights if the f-ing showrunners are fired.

You cannot do an ensemble show that is focused on a wankfest between three characters. People know Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, etc. as the X-Men not a background character and 2 villains. LIKE?!?!?!?!

There is absolutely now f-king accountability in the Fox Studios, and they are paying for that ****. X-Men is about team coordination, Avengers did that and that is why it's highly successful. And to think that Marvel has to build the whole team from the ground up.

Fox already has an established team, they could not go wrong with. AND THEY DID. I cannot believe the people working on this franchise. They all need to be ousted. They only care about 3 damn characters, everyone else has been DISGRACED.