View Poll Results: Would you like the X-men to join the MCU?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

78 58.65%
  • No

55 41.35%
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
    Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

There are advantages and disadvantages to them being with one or the other... yes, under Marvel, you probably would get a little more comic book accuracy and classic stories. I also agree with others that under Fox, while not perfect, they have developed a cinematic universe that has given most of us something special AND set the bar for team superhero movies.

Marvel movies have a tone that I, noticed I said "I", don't believe would serve the X-men well but, of course, Marvel is not able to depict the X-men, so we really don't know how they would do. Fox, IMO, needs fresh blood to come in and give the X-men a fresh perspective.

I believe that both studios, if they come to an agreement, could create a co-universe of sorts where the X-men and Avengers could crossover which would only serve both sides and would topple most, if not all, the biggest blockbusters of all time.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Marvel has never really made an accurated classic story.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-28-2017 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    X-Men would reach Avengers heights if the f-ing showrunners are fired.

You cannot do an ensemble show that is focused on a wankfest between three characters. People know Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, etc. as the X-Men not a background character and 2 villains. LIKE?!?!?!?!

There is absolutely now f-king accountability in the Fox Studios, and they are paying for that ****. X-Men is about team coordination, Avengers did that and that is why it's highly successful. And to think that Marvel has to build the whole team from the ground up.

Fox already has an established team, they could not go wrong with. AND THEY DID. I cannot believe the people working on this franchise. They all need to be ousted. They only care about 3 damn characters, everyone else has been DISGRACED.
    The future docket for X-Men movies is:

- The New Mutants, which expands into new characters, so going beyond the three

- Deadpool 2, which is a sequel to a well-received spinoff and focuses on a character beyond the core

- X-Men: Dark Phoenix, which will feature characters than have been complained to be over-exposed, but Apocalypse did suggest that some of the allegedly shafted characters, like Cyclops, will be playing bigger roles. Heck, Jean Grey, not one of the "over-exposed" is the key one of this movie.

- Gambit, given the long history, I'll believe it when I see it -- and I could care less about it, esp. since they're recast (boo!), but it does focus on a character who's not been in the limelight much

Ideas still on the drawing board include X-Force, Alpha Flight, and Exiles projects (which would focus on new characters beyond the big names), sequels to Deadpool and New Mutants, which, as noted before, expand on things, and an X-23 spinoff movie, which would focus on a fan favorite who's only had one role (albeit a much beloved one) in a movie

And that's not even going into how the TV shows (albeit in their own continuities) are giving lesser known characters the starring roles.

So, if one is judging the franchise by only a select number of characters getting focused while others are denied their dues, then the problem is being corrected.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Marvel has never really accurated classic story.
    Sense this does not make.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Sense this does not make.
    I blanked out while typing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Deadpool and Logan were cheap. It's why they got made in the first place.
    A bigger budget does not make for a better film. Wrath of Khan cost less then Star Trek the Motion Picture, which one is the better movie?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    A bigger budget does not make for a better film.
    Did I say this? I pretty much implied otherwise.

Context is a thing...