Where can i buy a phone? Mr.Alucard's Avatar

Default Digemon Cyber Sleuth quality

I was just wondering if the game is any good and worth buying or not?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'm enjoying it. Its really like if they decided to make a Shin Megami Tensei game using Digimon instead of Demons/Persona rather than a Pokemon clone, and I really like most of the actual, non-procedurally generated sidequests. Plus, the non-preorder DLC is free, which gives a ton of really good additional sidequests. The characters are fun and weird, the artstyle is gorgeous, and the Digital Shift dungeons look great.

My biggest problems would be that sometimes the translation is a bit clunky, that the world doesn't update along with the quests nearly as much as it should, the procedureally generated quests are usually boring pixel hunts, and that the purely digital dungeons are boringly designed.

To expound on these negative points: The voices are in Japanese only, and sometimes they do literal or inconsistent translations which turn obvious puns Japanese into confusing temporary renamings in English - IMO, the worst part of these are that at least two of the Field Guide entries are mixed up; most NPCs just stand in the same place saying the same things for huuuuge swaths of the game, even when days have passed in the story; the Farm-generated quests are usually hunting for a glimmer of light at some random point in areas that can go from multiple rooms teeming with monsters to a tiny room with no combat, which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that you can only take one of those quests at a time so you would be taking forever to get through a series of them; the purely digital dungeons are basically blue/purple/pink/green generic computer areas that are neat the first few times you see them, but get old fast after that, and you will be going through them A LOT (fortunately, the Digital Shift Dungeons are gorgeously stylish and you go through them a good amount too).

I know those negatives seem to take up a disproportionate amount of space in this post, but that's only because I need to explain how I'm nitpicking for the sake of accuracy. Overall, the game has a decent story that can get *seriously* dark, fun characters, great combat and character art with some cool setpieces, alright music, and decent gameplay. There's stuff I'd tweak, but overall I'd recommend it if you want a turn based RPG and enjoy collecting Mons.

I recommend getting it for the Vita since it is designed for that system and may seem a bit bare bones for the PS4, plus it is really fun to play on the go.

Where can i buy a phone? Mr.Alucard's Avatar

okay, cool
    Yes...excellent! I haven't had this much fun in ages! ...What did you say your name was?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

It's also on a pretty big discount on the PSN now, it that helps. Especially if you have PS+.