Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    I didn't know this. I guess that somewhat explains the inexplicable return of Glob after Secret Wars. (Seriously why is this fat pink lump getting both exposure AND unexplained new powers Havok can't even get his inversion addressed ffs)
    Yeah, I guess he's a fan of Morrison's special class. Which is fine! But if you can't make the readers see what it is that you find compelling about these characters, then they're still just filler.

Hope readers will not give up EXM yet.

Well despite criticism EXM 09 surpassed other Marvel titles reached the top of the list:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/...eat-star-wars/

This is the Top Ten Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, as compiled by a number of comic stores from their sales on Wednesday and Thursday. It measures what are known as the “Wednesday Warriors”, those who can’t wait to the weekend to get this week’s comics. We salute you, and the keenness you bring to your passion.

And despite the machinations of whoever over whatever, it is the X-Men that rise back to the top, beating out Star Wars, Deadpool and Thor… but all Marvel at the top, and Flash the only DC title higher placed that Huck from Image….
    1. Extraordinary X-Men #9
    2. Obi-Wan & Anakin #4
    3. Spider-Man/Deadpool #4
    4. Mighty Thor #6
    5. Deadpool #10
    6. Flash #50
    7. Huck #6
    8. Wonder Woman #51
    9. Superman American Alien #6
    10. Captain America Sam Wilson #8

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

That makes me happy but where is Uncanny X-Men? wish it was selling better
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Hope readers will not give up EXM yet.

Well despite criticism EXM 09 surpassed other Marvel titles reached the top of the list:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/...eat-star-wars/

This is the Top Ten Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, as compiled by a number of comic stores from their sales on Wednesday and Thursday. It measures what are known as the “Wednesday Warriors”, those who can’t wait to the weekend to get this week’s comics. We salute you, and the keenness you bring to your passion.

And despite the machinations of whoever over whatever, it is the X-Men that rise back to the top, beating out Star Wars, Deadpool and Thor… but all Marvel at the top, and Flash the only DC title higher placed that Huck from Image….
    1. Extraordinary X-Men #9
    2. Obi-Wan & Anakin #4
    3. Spider-Man/Deadpool #4
    4. Mighty Thor #6
    5. Deadpool #10
    6. Flash #50
    7. Huck #6
    8. Wonder Woman #51
    9. Superman American Alien #6
    10. Captain America Sam Wilson #8
    EXM#9 is going strong!

Give Cullen Bunn Nightcrawler at least.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    At least Logan doesn't look 100 in Old Man Logan.
    Maybe but he does look like his face'll crack if he changes any facial expressions.

BANNED

5 stores is an extremely small sample size...

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    5 stores is an extremely small sample size...
    Which is obviously the reason people should take that with a grain of salt.
    Deadpool and Spider-Man/Deadpool both sold better than EXM last month. I would be very surprised if that is not happening this month too.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    EXM#9 is going strong!
    Despite itself.

Uncanny Bendis-Men, and the All New Bendis-Men, sold well, too. Look at it...like they're Transformer movies, lol.

Like Bendis, Lemire is a good writer that simply doesn't fit a team X-book, because he's not familiar with recent 10 year stories (or doesn't care, in Bendis' case).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Deadpool and Spider-Man/Deadpool both sold better than EXM last month. I would be very surprised if that is not happening this month too.
    LOL.

"5 people interviewed believe climate change is false!"

"5 people interviewed are against gay marriage!"

"5 people interviewed are voting Ted Cruz!"

Thanks, 5 people...

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Do you dispute the main point though, which is EXM is selling really well and near the top if not the actual #1?

OBEY

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Do you dispute the main point though, which is EXM is selling really well and near the top if not the actual #1?
    So, I'm guessing you used that excuse for Bendis' X-books? Because they also sold well.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    So, I'm guessing you used that excuse for Bendis' X-books? Because they also sold well.
    ? I'm actually not a big fan of EXM how it is written so far but my biggest issue with it is the constant mutant-bashing. And I don't know if that's editorially mandated or Lemire's idea. It seems mandated more to me. So I'm willing to not blame Lemire for that, and otehr than that I don't really have giant problems with the book. It's just the restrictions placed on Lemire with the T-Mist/M-Pox/Need to constantly assert the failure and incompetence of mutants, stuff which is dragging the book so far down and making it barely readable for fans of X-Men. I don't think any of it is Lemire's fault. I'm also not one of those people who rages about the fact there are a bunch of "kid mutant students" running around that's a fine concept to me and its not exactly new it's been this way since 2001 already time for people to maybe accept it and not keep raging against. I understand people are giant megafans of the characters from Academy X but still. I think it's fine the way Lemire is showcasing CERTAIN younger mutants but not all at once since that's literally impossible. Can't please every single fan of every obscure character. SOME showcasing of the young characters is better than NONE, however imperfect. Should there be a separate book only about the youinger mutants/students? Of course. I agree. But since there isn't, by necessity they're going to feel shoehorned in to any other story when they do appear and they'll never be shown with as complicated relationships as their fans would like.

All that said...

My point was just that I think the sales figures were more meant to show that the general comics-buying audience out there still cares about the X-Men as a concept and is still more interested in them than pretty much anything else with the possible exceptions of Spiderman and Deadpool. I wasn't trying to endorse EXM in particular.

OBEY

EXM was at 47.000 before Apocalypse and now is boosted by it. It's not far above anything really. Pretty much every X-book is in the 40.000 - 50.000 range. That's good enough for top 40 placing which is respectable by the way. But again that is nothing unique to EXM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

All-New Member

It has t been an all time classic run. But compared to Bendis' UXM run I've loved it.