Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    And Geoff Johns was already Chief Creative Officer at the time and reporting directly to Diane Nelson. He outranks Berganza.
    I know, but being CCO has more to do with tv/movies than comics. Now he is being the guy on rebirth giving his orders, since didio and lee blew up things

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    I know, but being CCO has more to do with tv/movies than comics. Now he is being the guy on rebirth giving his orders, since didio and lee blew up things
    Considering Johns reportedly use to tell people to flat out ignore Didio during the New 52 I'm pretty sure he had more clout than Berganza. He wasn't just executing orders.

Anyways as others have said talking about SM/WW in regards to Berganza being a serial harasser is just plain disrespectful to the actual victims so I'm out on this topic.
    Last edited by Hypo; 04-21-2016 at 03:05 PM.

Spectacular Member

Is Shelly Bond really being fired?

I thought she was just being moved over to Young Animal.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It's known the involvement of Diane Nelson in developing SM/WW, and the last time I checked, Diane Nelson/WB outrank Eddie Berganza.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsdv View Post

She was involved with the development of Young Animal, but has been canned just as it's taking off.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

What do they mean by harasser. That seems vague to me. Obviously no one should feel uncomfortable at work, obviously, I am just curious how far his harassment goes.

From what I've heard, innappropriate touching. Which is pretty astounding to me. Not to say it'd be okay if it was verbal harassment but just the idea that this guy has free reign to put his hands on women's bodies without their consent witih absolutely no repurcussions is pretty enraging.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-21-2016 at 05:04 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    A generalized boycott wouldn't much help, as that'd be interpreted as disapproval of overall Rebirth creative decisions rather than a specific hiring practice. Ditching the Superman books seems a much more reasonable way to get the message across.

I don't think it's fair to the people working on the books to drop them because of one jerk. But yea, it's astounding he hasnt been fired yet. Hopefully the full extent of his harassment will come to light and DC will have no choice but to let him go.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Y'know, if you really want to show DC how much people dislike Berganza's reported harassment of women, would it be worth starting a petition on change.org?
    (But definitely avoid even mentioning how bad books he handles are as well as avoiding any mention of the Superman/Wonder Woman fanboy geek hate. Keep it STRICTLY to how unprofessional / sexist his conduct is.)

I'd leave it to the authorities, really.
    Have a day in court, if Bergs gets convicted, he'll get his. I don't like him, but usually that's how justice is done. Interrogations, CCTV tapes and so on. 3 years prison, being fired and others for sexual harassment, depending on what he did and to how many people.
    It's either that or we get all old-timey Deep South-like and lynch his ass with on-the-spot "hearings". (Am I allowed to say ass AND be sarcastic?)

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I don't see why not.

There are cases where I think it should turn over to the law, but a sexual harassment case more than likely isn't going to work out for the absolute best unless something huge changes about what is known and what is admitted. I mean good luck getting tapes, etc. Right or wrong, DC has made it clear what they don't intend to do about the allegations as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    I don't think it's fair to the people working on the books to drop them because of one jerk. But yea, it's astounding he hasnt been fired yet. Hopefully the full extent of his harassment will come to light and DC will have no choice but to let him go.
    Right. Avoiding the books is never a bad idea if you feel like it's where you're headed for whatever reason, but it's not clear at all in regards to sending a message.

Spectacular Member

llllllllllll
    Last edited by Ms Lola; 10-12-2017 at 11:31 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsdv View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    She was involved with the development of Young Animal, but has been canned just as it's taking off.
    Yeah, DC are "restructuring" the Vertigo line (or something to that effect) and looking to do something different with it.

That being said, Bond seems well-liked and pretty solid (if not great) at her job, so I'm sure someone will pick her up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    From what I've heard, innappropriate touching. Which is pretty astounding to me. Not to say it'd be okay if it was verbal harassment but just the idea that this guy has free reign to put his hands on women's bodies without their consent witih absolutely no repurcussions is pretty enraging.
    Agreed, on all counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    There are cases where I think it should turn over to the law, but a sexual harassment case more than likely isn't going to work out for the absolute best unless something huge changes about what is known and what is admitted. I mean good luck getting tapes, etc. Right or wrong, DC has made it clear what they don't intend to do about the allegations as they are.

Right. Avoiding the books is never a bad idea if you feel like it's where you're headed for whatever reason, but it's not clear at all in regards to sending a message.
    Particularly with the #FreeKesha movement going on...

I'm onboard with aiding in the cause to have Eddie Berganza removed from DC because BRO, YOU CAN'T DO THAT... unless there's some sort of "secret rehab/sensitivity training" they made Berganza undergo. In which case, good, but now that it's out there, DC should really comment on it.

Anyway, what's the plan? Load up Dan DiDio's social media with questions about EB's alleged history of harassment?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Y'know, if you really want to show DC how much people dislike Berganza's reported harassment of women, would it be worth starting a petition on change.org?
    (But definitely avoid even mentioning how bad books he handles are as well as avoiding any mention of the Superman/Wonder Woman fanboy geek hate. Keep it STRICTLY to how unprofessional / sexist his conduct is.)
    petitions aren't good, few people sign. it is much better a open letter, if it goes viral it can force DC to do something.

and sexual harassment is not only berganza, other victim came out accussing a art director of sexual assault http://thesublimecrime.tumblr.com/po...ver-on-twitter

Quote Originally Posted by MaxQuick View Post
    Y
    Particularly with the #FreeKesha movement going on...

I'm onboard with aiding in the cause to have Eddie Berganza removed from DC because BRO, YOU CAN'T DO THAT... unless there's some sort of "secret rehab/sensitivity training" they made Berganza undergo. In which case, good, but now that it's out there, DC should really comment on it.

Anyway, what's the plan? Load up Dan DiDio's social media with questions about EB's alleged history of harassment?
    EB went to a counseling on WB HR, but I don't think a quick counseling will dismiss what he did and what he is. if DC isolate him on a all male team, is because counseling don't work and they have zero confidence on him.

naming EB won't make him get fired. Press didio and Co on twitter then just keep it on comic cons.
    Last edited by Tayswift; 04-22-2016 at 08:31 AM.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    This is itself a very good point. I've been limiting myself to getting one Superman book at any given time since this news started to break last year (though my dad picks up other books in the line, so I keep up), and I guess that'll transfer to Supergirl. I guess nothing's changing directly on my end, aside from maybe cutting out some of the books I was on the bubble about. But short of making Berganza a constant topic of discussion, I struggle to think what to do.
    Buh-bye