Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Pilot For Superman Prequel "Krypton" Nears A Lock At SyFy

The long gestating Kryptonian drama from David Goyer is one step closer to TV reality.

Full article here.

Been so long since I heard anything about it I figured they had given up on it.

BANNED

A concept with a ton of potential, but the fact that it's on SyFy gives me pause.

Well kudos. if it works, it works. I just hope there are no stunt events like, "forbidden Yellow sun radiation experiment gives bad guy SUPER POWERS", and so forth.. then again, maybe that's why people will watch..

Also:

this is 200 years before the explosion, so- they need to explore the entirety of Krypton. Is it like Earth with dozens of countries and separate societies? How big is the overall planet? What is the landscape? What kind of animals do they have?
    What are the forms of government, common types of businesses, and what do people do for a living?
    What is religious life like?
    How long do Kryptonians live, with the understanding that they don't have "powers" as such, under the red sun?

Jor El isn't born yet, so they don't have to get into that yet.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 04-21-2016 at 12:38 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    A concept with a ton of potential, but the fact that it's on SyFy gives me pause.
    yeah...I recall what they did with the Man Thing movie. I also remember that there was supposed to have been a Booster Gold show. I'm also not sure what it's a prequel to...with the exception of knowing it can't be a prequel to Man of Steel or the current DCMU since they are keeping TV and Movie in different universes.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Syfy has rebounded with the Magicians and Expanse, could be solid.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Fantastic Member

Next on SyFy.... Set in the deepest part of the ocean, centuries before a young man would be come known as Aquaman....Sharknado Attacks Atlantas!

Spectacular Member
    Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRain666 View Post
    Next on SyFy.... Set in the deepest part of the ocean, centuries before a young man would be come known as Aquaman....Sharknado Attacks Atlantas!
    You laugh, but there's an audience for that

So is this show connected to the movies? Cause I thought they wanted to keep tv properties separate from movie properties.

"It won’t be wall-to-wall visual effects every single moment, spectacle."

*sigh* Pity. That's why I'd be watching.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I want this to work out so badly. I have been interested in Krypton for so long and have always hated the fact that we get nothing much of that planet other than to watch it blow up as baby Kal-El flies off into outer space. If it happens, can it be good so I can love it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I had totally forgotten about it.

Anyway, it could be a great sci-fi series, but considering that the average viewer will surely expect superpowers, I am exceedingly pessimistic (regarding the long run).
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    "It won’t be wall-to-wall visual effects every single moment, spectacle."

*sigh* Pity. That's why I'd be watching.
    Well that sucks. What's the point of Krypton if we wont be able to see it. I want all the bells and whistles that come with this world.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Is it really THAT hard for the studios to give us a proper SUPERMAN show on a solid network?

AMC could work wonders with an ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    I had totally forgotten about it.

Anyway, it could be a great sci-fi series, but considering that the average viewer will surely expect superpowers, I am exceedingly pessimistic (regarding the long run).
    Ugh! It's the same thing that plagued AoS in S1, everyone wanted to see the avengers and not the agents the show was based (marketed) on. I hope this will work out.

This is still on? I'm getting enough of a Superman fix from Supergirl and prequel fix from Gotham to not need a show dedicated to Krypton and Jor-El. But I'll hope for the best when it comes to this project .