Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default EARTH 2 their own universe.

What if DC gave EARTH 2 their own UNIVERSE of book who would you love to see.my version would be as listed

POWER GIRL=ONGOING
    THE HUNTRESS=ONGOING
    FURY=ONGOING
    DR FATE=KENT NELSON=ONGOING
    THE SPECTRE=ONGOING
    THE FLASH=JAY GARRICK(the original)=ONGOING
    GREEN LANTERN=ALAN SCOTT(the original)=ONGOING
    BATMAN=DICK GRAYSON=ONGOING
    SUPERMAN=VAL ZOD=ONGOING
    UNCLE SAM=ONGOING

THE JUSTICE SOCIETY=THE HUNTRESS/POWER GIRL/JADE/JESSE QUICK/HOURMAN/OBSIDIAN/NORTHWIND/DR FATE=HECTOR/BRAIN WAVE/STARMAN=JACK/MR TERRIFIC/RED ARROW/NUKLON/SAND

THE NEW SQUADRON=LIBERTY BELLE/FIREBRAND/HAWKGIRL/COMMANDER STEEL/HAWKMAN/JOHN QUICK/ROBOTMAN/DR MID NITE/SHINING KNIGHT/DR OCCULT

THE NEW INFINITY INC.=STARGIRL/CYCLONE/JUDOMASTER/TRACI 13/TOMCAT/KING CHIMERA/JAKEEM THUNDER/CITIZEN STEEL/AIR WAVE/

FREEDOM FIGHTERS=PHANTOM LADY/MS AMERICA/TSUNAMI/FURY/UNCLE SAM/BLACK CONDOR/HUMAN BOMB/THE RAY/INVISIBLE HOOD/IRON MUNRO/NEPTUNE PERKINS

THE WORLD'S FINEST=AQUAWOMAN/WONDER WOMAN=HIPPOLYTA(earth 2 version)/CRIMSON AVENGER/RED TORNADO=LOIS/SUPERMAN=VAL ZOD/BATMAN=DICK/THE SPECTRE/GREEN LANTERN/THE FLASH/WILDCAT/THE ATOM=AL/PLASTIC MAN/

BANNED

Why do you think all those comics would sell?

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I like the Earth 2 books, but I honestly don't think any of the characters from Earth 2 are popular enough to hold their own solo titles. Well maybe Power Girl, but you would have to put her back in Earth-0 for that to work IMO.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Isn't Earth 2 already its own universe?

Spectacular Member

DC can keep current Earth 2 comic for its fans, but I want real classic Golden Age original Earth 2 JSA back young again around 40 at oldest with teenage Infinity Inc children! I wouldn't be surprised if Earth 2 was rebooted to do this to have Trinity, adult Robin, Huntress and Power Girl, too!

I would totally be onboard for an Earth-2 line of books but not with the current Earth-2. I'll only invest if it's the pre-Crisis Earth-2 with the more classic Justice Society and recognisable versions of Huntress, Power Girl, and Fury. Also, a Dick Grayson who is actually Dick Grayson and not the imposter wearing his name who is usurping Helena's story in the current comic.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    I like the Earth 2 books, but I honestly don't think any of the characters from Earth 2 are popular enough to hold their own solo titles. Well maybe Power Girl, but you would have to put her back in Earth-0 for that to work IMO.
    The Justice Society characters have always been popular with DC fans as evidenced by the fact that their comics have always sold well when handled properly. That DC has a history of mishandling this property often to the point or requiring a relaunch of sorts is something else entirely.

I am all for good stories and interesting characters. But I question what DC can pull off right now. Particularly when they are having so many issues keeping their core line of comics going in light of Rebirth. These twice monthlies make me think they are afraid to take chances.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    I am all for good stories and interesting characters. But I question what DC can pull off right now. Particularly when they are having so many issues keeping their core line of comics going in light of Rebirth. These twice monthlies make me think they are afraid to take chances.
    It's not so much that they don't take chances. It's that they keep trying out failed concepts while somehow thinking that they won't fail this time. If something has failed repeatedly, they should change it up a bit before they try it again.

But back on topic. Their trying out a gaggle of Earth 2 titles all at once is not going to happen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    What if DC gave EARTH 2 their own UNIVERSE of book who would you love to see.my version would be as listed

POWER GIRL=ONGOING
    THE HUNTRESS=ONGOING
    FURY=ONGOING
    THE SPECTRE=ONGOING
    SUPERMAN=VAL ZOD=ONGOING
    UNCLE SAM=ONGOING

THE JUSTICE SOCIETY=THE HUNTRESS/POWER GIRL/JADE/JESSE QUICK/HOURMAN/OBSIDIAN/NORTHWIND/DR FATE=HECTOR/BRAIN WAVE/STARMAN=JACK/MR TERRIFIC/RED ARROW/NUKLON/SAND

THE NEW SQUADRON=LIBERTY BELLE/FIREBRAND/HAWKGIRL/COMMANDER STEEL/HAWKMAN/JOHN QUICK/ROBOTMAN/DR MID NITE/SHINING KNIGHT/DR OCCULT

THE NEW INFINITY INC.=STARGIRL/CYCLONE/JUDOMASTER/TRACI 13/TOMCAT/KING CHIMERA/JAKEEM THUNDER/CITIZEN STEEL/AIR WAVE/

FREEDOM FIGHTERS=PHANTOM LADY/MS AMERICA/TSUNAMI/FURY/UNCLE SAM/BLACK CONDOR/HUMAN BOMB/THE RAY/INVISIBLE HOOD/IRON MUNRO/NEPTUNE PERKINS

THE WORLD'S FINEST=AQUAWOMAN/WONDER WOMAN=HIPPOLYTA(earth 2 version)/CRIMSON AVENGER/RED TORNADO=LOIS/SUPERMAN=VAL ZOD/BATMAN=DICK/THE SPECTRE/GREEN LANTERN/THE FLASH/WILDCAT/THE ATOM=AL/PLASTIC MAN/

I kinda had a similar idea set. There's just too many characters to fit in one solo book. A few books separated would be best so therefore all the characters can develop. At the moment, there's just too much they're trying to cram into 30 pages and because of that, very little is being developed.

So I would have about 4-5 books similar to yours created.

Earth 2: The current book that it's in. Make it a book where all the heroes gather together for large events

The JSA: A smaller team, more similar to the JLA. I'd say around 7-9 members with some new, some old. Aquawoman,
    Fury, Val Zod, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, and Jakeem Thunder (whose established as Earth 2's shazam)

The World's Finest: Power Girl, Huntress, Batman, and Val Zod all together

The Trinity: A book focusing on Hawkgirl, Flash, and Green Lantern

That should be enough, solo books won't be suitable just yet unless the creative team behind it was a superstar, but at least these characters together should be enough to create a good interest I believe.

Amazing Member

I honestly think there's some merit to your plan, but that rollout is too much. I'd keep 'Earth-2' going along, but with a side-mini at all times. Probably limit it to 3 issues per "star", but give those characters a shot under the spotlight. I feel like the Earth-2 characters are very interesting with a LOT of potential... but because they're all in a single book, they don't all have time to get fleshed out. Exploring some more of their world and finding some possible "diamond in the rough" types couldn't hurt.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm really happy that it seems that DC is bringing back the classic JSA but they better be from their own Earth 2. I don't want the JSA on the same earth as the JLA, Titans, Outlaws, Doom Patrol, etc. and playing 2nd fiddle to them. Plus - I want Power Girl, Huntress, and Robin(E2 Dick Grayson) as active members of the team. They always add in versions of Michael Holt/Mr. Terrific, Starman(Jack Knight), & J.J. Thunder to help make the group more diverse. Hopefully this is the return of the CLASSIC EARTH 2 JSA.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post

POWER GIRL=ONGOING
    THE HUNTRESS=ONGOING
    FURY=ONGOING
    THE SPECTRE=ONGOING
    SUPERMAN=VAL ZOD=ONGOING
    UNCLE SAM=ONGOING

I would buy an Uncle Sam and Freedom Fighters series... only if they are set on earth-10.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I think additional books could really help this series. The focus of Earth 2 now is all over the place. Obviously there's a lot of story and tension in the new world building and learning to get by on this new planet. There's also a LOT of super heroes. Relatively speaking anyway. At least two dozen in a population of 2, maybe 2.5 million.

Take the world building and keep that as Earth 2: Society. Make it more Image/Vertigo style with fewer superheroics and more politics/science/fuel searching.

Take the heroes and make a new book Earth 2: Justice. Do the hero vs villain and rescues from natural disasters and that stuff here.

Two books, two distinct flavors but together form a hopefully nice package. One of the difficulties I see is giving each hero a book is proposed for their own setting and supporting cast. If there's a story for, say, Red Arrow (or whatever his name is this month), then a mini can be done.

A return to the classic Earth-2 would be fun. I think a JSA book on Earth-2 should also have its own imprint so anyone who buys it knows it's on a different Earth. And any spin-off book would/could have that same imprint.

DC-Comics_Earth-2.jpg

Just for instance, like a logo like this. It says nostalgia and it says "hey, different earth." just something easy to recognize.

Of course I also think that all Codenames on Earth-1 and Earth-2 should be different, which kind of changes up the line-up of the JSA. The original seven could be:

Black Condor (Richard Grey Jr) (Replacement of Hawkman)
    Doctor Fate (Kent Nelson)
    Firebrand II (Danette Reilly) (You need a female!)
    Hourman (Rex Tyler)
    Jester (Cameron Lane)
    Johnny Quick (Johnny Chambers) (Replacement for Flash)
    Manhunter (Al Pratt) (Earth-1 has the Atom name)
    Sentinel (Alan Scott) (Earth-1 has the GL Title)

All made up cities are also on one Earth only. It would be easy to make Doctor Mid-Nite the Batman of Earth-2, Shazam the powerhouse Superman, and Power Girl the Wonder Woman and go from there. Jester could be related the Creeper (same motif and scare tactics).
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.