Default NiIGHTWING Rebirth

For me I am looking forward to the new Nightwing " Rebirth " comic book coming out later this Fall 2016.

Is anyone else looking forward to it? And glad that DC is bringing Rightwing back?

*** Note to Forum Admin ***
    Sorry if this Thread is already in use.
    If theres another please delete it.
    I must have overlooked it.

F.Y.I., you might be better off posting stuff about Nightwing in the Batman section of the Forum, rather than here in the more general DC Comics section.

I see your point, and thank you for suggesting it.
    I`ve looked on the " Batman " section and the DC section and I do not see a " NIGHTWING Rebirth " Thread.

This was my 1st Thread I ever posted on the forum.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Tremendously. The specifics of him being back in the costume don't especially interest me - frankly, I'd rather have seen him as Co-Batman again - but if Seeley, Fernandez and To can retrofit what worked about the Grayson status quo onto the Nightwing identity with their characteristic skill, it'll finally be a book that works for me in practice as much as in concept. Not to mention this'll likely also continue many of Morrison's Batman plot threads (someone suggested that with King and Seeley dividing up the books, given their specific talents and interests we essentially have Alan Moore writing Batman and Grant Morrison writing Nightwing, and that's as good a setup as it gets), which is a plus in my book.
    Buh-bye

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'd rather have more GRAYSON, but if Seely stays on this it'll be just as good (or better). As long as Seely sticks with Grayson as a character, I'm there. It will likely continue being my favorite DC comic book.

I will say that I have an awful lot of fondness for Nightwing as a character and a concept, so part of me is glad the name is back even if it feels too soon.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-03-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

As much as I really enjoyed Grayson, I am super stoked he is back as Nightwing and even more so that he is back in the black and blue! I love Dick Grayson pretty much no matter what, but the red and black is just not Nightwing.

Incredible Member

Not really. I don't really get the appeal of a Nightwing series. I think Nightwing in Titans is enough.

If the series incorporates elements of Grayson, like the style, the spywork, etc, then that's a different story. Imo that should be Nightwing's shtick moving forward.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 05-03-2016 at 05:36 PM.

I think the plan is to incorporate elements of Grayson, and with Seeley staying on it seems likely. Also if Titans Hunt is indicative of how Nightwing will be in Titans then Titans is going to do very little for Nightwing.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Oh, crap. I forgot about the Titans book. I liked Grayson not really having that in his backstory, I hope it doesn't crossover.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm not overly optimistic about Nightwing myself. I feel that the transition back to Nightwing is being rushed for all the wrong reasons and while I do trust Seeley because he just gets the character, I simply have no faith in DC Editorial to do right by the character. They've pretty well proven that they haven't a clue what to do with him as Nightwing and I don't see that changing now that he's back under the mask again. I sure would love to be proven wrong though.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

DC editorial broadly doesn't know what it's doing, but Mark Doyle as the head of the Batman office does. Undoubtedly there'll be some crossover nonsense to deal with down the line, but I think if this book is facing any real issues, they're conceptual rather than editorial.
    Buh-bye

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    DC editorial broadly doesn't know what it's doing, but Mark Doyle as the head of the Batman office does. Undoubtedly there'll be some crossover nonsense to deal with down the line, but I think if this book is facing any real issues, they're conceptual rather than editorial.
    I was actually talking about whatever part of editorial is over Doyle's head specifically. He may be the Bat group editor but I highly doubt the decision to have Dick return to Nightwing in such a abrupt manner came from him seeing as how he was one of the people who was deeply involved with and very supportive of the spy direction. Like so many other abrupt changes I believe it to have come from higher up the editorial chain and that's what I find to be of concern. Editorial made a mess of Higgin's run due to their constant interference and I'd rather not see a return to that with Seeley's.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-04-2016 at 12:06 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'd rather have more GRAYSON, but if Seely stays on this it'll be just as good (or better). As long as Seely sticks with Grayson as a character, I'm there. It will likely continue being my favorite DC comic book.

I will say that I have an awful lot of fondness for Nightwing as a character and a concept, so part of me is glad the name is back even if it feels too soon.
    I have not read GRAYSON.... I may have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyOzz6999 View Post
    I have not read GRAYSON.... I may have to check it out.
    It's absolutely phenomenal and I can't possibly recommend it enough, especially if you enjoyed Morrison's Batman run (though if you didn't that's not necessarily a dealbreaker).
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    As much as I really enjoyed Grayson, I am super stoked he is back as Nightwing and even more so that he is back in the black and blue! I love Dick Grayson pretty much no matter what, but the red and black is just not Nightwing.
    I feel the same way. I loved Grayson but it's nice to see Dick back in the black and blue Nightwing costume.

I would prefer he gets away from Gotham and go back to Bludhaven. Get out from under Batman's shadow and build up his own rogues gallery. Bring back Blockbuster as a crime boss and make Professor Pyg a Nightwing villain since he debuted when Dick was taking over the Batman role. The lack of a decent rogues gallery has always hurt Nightwing. A hero is only as good as the villains he faces. A huge reason why Batman is considered the best superhero ever is because he has the best villains. That should be a focus in the Nightwing Rebirth series.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-04-2016 at 09:33 AM.