Amazing Member

Question The Effects of Rebirth on the DC Multiverse

DC Universe: Rebirth list in it's solicitations "Multiversal Mayhem" in the story.

Do you think we will see any changes to the Multiverse with Rebirth?
    Maybe some continuation of story lines from Multiversity?
    Some of the Unknown Earths revealed?
    A better look at the greater Multi-Multiverse?
    Or nothing at all?

Any ideas?

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

My guess is who or whatever is behind Rebirth also inadvertently effects the Multiverse, possibly causing it to grow. Maybe having the Pre-COIE/Flashpoint earths being added back in.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

Maybe a momentary flux that makes it possible to have characters from other dimensions pop up on the main earth and maybe get stuck here.
    Pre wally west
    Jsa
    Bart allen impulse
    Kon-el superboy (who after seeing jon takes the name Scion.also scratch the kryptonian senses for tactile senses).

Spectacular Member

I am wondering how Rebirth will affect DC Multiverse, also, especially with multiverse mayhem happening in the May 25 Rebirth special. I believe this is how real Wally West and JSA return and even 1980s JLA shown on Previews Rebirth back cover! Rebirth better use Infinite Earths Multiverse re-introduced in Convergence a year ago.

The multiverse shown in Convergence probably will be used more. Multiverse mayhem is probably some characters from the multiverse popping up on prime earth. New 52 Superman could be lost in the multiverse.

Spectacular Member

What happened to pre-Flashpoint Earth? Are Lois and Clark and Jon the sole survivers? Hope Rebirth addresses this.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Maybe a momentary flux that makes it possible to have characters from other dimensions pop up on the main earth and maybe get stuck here.
    Pre wally west
    Jsa
    Bart allen impulse
    Kon-el superboy (who after seeing jon takes the name Scion.also scratch the kryptonian senses for tactile senses).
    I guess I understand what they were doing (moving cross country), but it seems to me that Convergence, had it been written by Johns, could have been Rebirth. It already was in some ways such as Pre-FP Superman. They've got the characters to do it easily - Vibe, Rip Hunter, Telos and Booster
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 04-22-2016 at 11:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    I guess I understand what they were doing (moving cross country), but it seems to me that Convergence, had it been written by Johns, could have been Rebirth. It already was in some ways such as Pre-FP Superman. They've got the characters to do it easily - Vibe, Rip Hunter, Telos and Booster
    Exactly,but now they need to take it one step farther and bring some of those characters into the main earth imo.not just real wally like EVERYONE wants,not just crisis barry and kara,or parallax and superdad,but characters that have failed interpretations like kon and bart,or characters that fill in the gaps that have been lost since the new 52 started like the JSA.

Vibe,rip,telos,booster,AND wally could travel through time and space,and remember lobdells krypton story where H'el was stuck and the planet flickered in and out of normal space,this could help rationalize all this.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Exactly,but now they need to take it one step farther and bring some of those characters into the main earth imo.not just real wally like EVERYONE wants,not just crisis barry and kara,or parallax and superdad,but characters that have failed interpretations like kon and bart,or characters that fill in the gaps that have been lost since the new 52 started like the JSA.

Vibe,rip,telos,booster,AND wally could travel through time and space,and remember lobdells krypton story where H'el was stuck and the planet flickered in and out of normal space,this could help rationalize all this.
    In fact, Booster already is back, but as the new Waverider.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Amazing Member

My hope is we see one, two of the unknown Earths from the Multiverse Map.
    I would also like to see the Multi-Multiverse used. Maybe we can find out that the Pre-Crisis Multiverse is out there, and the current Local Multiverse split from that Multiverse bubble. Remember, in Convergence, it was said the worlds had "evolved", but they still exist. Maybe their evolving was to splinter off from the Pre-Crisis Multiverse bubble to form the 52 Multiverse.
    The threat would have to be huge to threaten the Multi-Multiverse. Could we see a follow up on the Empty Hand and The Gentry?

Spectacular Member

DC fans like me were confused and angry by Convergence ending with return of Multiverse with evolved Earths like pre-Flashpoint into New 52.

But the day last issue of Convergence arrived writer Jeff King clarified the Infinite Earths Multiverse had returned maybe multiple Multiverses and everything was on the table for DC writers.

I still don't understand how pre-Flashpoint Superman and Lois and Jon ended up on New 52 Earth when Justice League was starting and hid there for 9 years? Why didn't they go home to pre-Flashpoint Earth?

I was disappointed there were no Multiverse books after Convergence.

I hope Rebirth finally makes use of Multiverse which was brought back in 2007 52 last issue but ignored until Multiversity.

BANNED

Maybe (hypothetical) superdad and family got pulled out of pre reboot earth before THAT earth was merged and rebooted.that way the old pre earth IS dead,and superdad IS on the CLOSEST thing he has or ever will have to HIS earth.

Maybe thats how they can bring in pre reboot JSA,bart,and kon and say they ALMOST belong here.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dcdrew View Post
    DC fans like me were confused and angry by Convergence ending with return of Multiverse with evolved Earths like pre-Flashpoint into New 52.

But the day last issue of Convergence arrived writer Jeff King clarified the Infinite Earths Multiverse had returned maybe multiple Multiverses and everything was on the table for DC writers.

I still don't understand how pre-Flashpoint Superman and Lois and Jon ended up on New 52 Earth when Justice League was starting and hid there for 9 years? Why didn't they go home to pre-Flashpoint Earth?

I was disappointed there were no Multiverse books after Convergence.

I hope Rebirth finally makes use of Multiverse which was brought back in 2007 52 last issue but ignored until Multiversity.
    We don't know where Flash and Supergirl went after Convergence. Did they, perhaps, have gone back to the original Multiverse?

Did Parallax and Pre-Flashpoint Superman end up in the wrong Multiverse bubble?

The only time the Pre-Flashpoint Multiverse was used well was in JSA and Final Crisis. The rest of it's use was pretty bad.

I'm just looking for a solid foundation as to what its comprised of. Convergence made a giant mess out of it with its incoherency and its contradictions.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm just looking for a solid foundation as to what its comprised of. Convergence made a giant mess out of it with its incoherency and its contradictions.
    Convergence did make things messy after Multiversity make it so clear. It would be nice if Johns gave us a better look at where we are now.