Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Logan riding off on a motorcycle to do his own thing. It never gets old.

Love the dynamic between him and Storm. That's something Lemire has already played with in Extraordinary X-men. I hope we see more of that because Storm is clearly overwhelmed. She freely admits she doesn't feel completely up to this challenge, but nobody else can do it. I think if Logan were alive, she'd feel a lot more confident. Old Man Logan gives her a sense that she can do this, but there's still a lot of unresolved feelings. I hope they come into play later on in this series. Between this and All-New Wolverine, I feel this is one part of the relaunch Marvel got right.
    Agreed. I'm also waiting for the inevitable reunion of Laura and Logan. Out the gate I was hoping ther two would get a duo book where Logan is thrust into being a mentor again ... but I'll gladly settle for some crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    Agreed. I'm also waiting for the inevitable reunion of Laura and Logan. Out the gate I was hoping ther two would get a duo book where Logan is thrust into being a mentor again ... but I'll gladly settle for some crossover.
    You already know that All-New Wolverine #9 will be that reunion?
    "This is me being reasonable"

Very gentle comic, but the ending is just wow. I can not wait the next issue .

Just read it. Very solid set up. Also cannot wait for the next one.

Today I read two issues - Old Man Logan and ANW and it is incredible that such a contrast between the comic books "about Wolverine". This is the difference between a teenage life and life alone mature man. The first is a colorful with a lot of humor and a little bit sad and instructive. The second is a heavy burden of the past, a constant feeling of loneliness, finding something important, fatigue, pain. I understand why many people love Laura-Wolverine, but Old Man Logan is much closer to original Wolverine.
    Last edited by Jumbo; 04-27-2016 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Today I read two issues - Old Man Logan and ANW and it is incredible that such a contrast between the comic books "about Wolverine". This is the difference between a teenage life and life alone mature man. The first is a colorful with a lot of humor and a little bit sad and instructive. The second is a heavy burden of the past, a constant feeling of loneliness, finding something important, fatigue, pain. I understand why many people love Laura-Wolverine, but Old Man Logan is much closer to original Wolverine.
    Well yea, when ANW isn't doing a breather issue, the book itself feels more like it's Wolverine in name only while it reads like an X-23 story. Old Man Logan on the other hand feels more like Wolverine despite not being called it though that makes sense given who the star is.

This really felt like a classic Logan adventure. Loved it.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well yea, when ANW isn't doing a breather issue, the book itself feels more like it's Wolverine in name only while it reads like an X-23 story. Old Man Logan on the other hand feels more like Wolverine despite not being called it though that makes sense given who the star is.
    No duh. Anw is an x23 story. She is the protaginist i dont consider her wolverine and never will

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    No duh. Anw is an x23 story. She is the protaginist i dont consider her wolverine and never will
    Well I never did say that I consider her Wolverine. I mean it's obviously a matter of name recognition with Marvel knowing that a Wolverine book will sell more than an X-23. Personally as much as I like her, I'd rather her be X-23 or anything of her own than Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    This is precisely why both of these are on my permanent pull list. Both of these books are great, for very different reasons. Like a a yin/yang sort of thing.

I didn't think Id like the art at first, but it _fits_ with the story well, and has grown on me. The latest twist is ... well ... so much potential here. Plus the more human side of OML is finally showing up again now that the "Revenge" story is wrapped up ... makes the connection between this book and the flashbacks in ANW much more believable ... even if they are different realities.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    You already know that All-New Wolverine #9 will be that reunion?
    I remember reading it was coming, didn't remember the issue number and part of me was hoping it was #7 (instead it was squirrel girl, and honestly better than I thought).

Damn good issue. Great series.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well I never did say that I consider her Wolverine. I mean it's obviously a matter of name recognition with Marvel knowing that a Wolverine book will sell more than an X-23. Personally as much as I like her, I'd rather her be X-23 or anything of her own than Wolverine.
    I totally agree with you there. I rather she never wore any costume. I would be contant with a second X23 book.

Loved this issue. Liked the parrellell paths for logan meeting Maureen in new marvel and the wasteland.

I read both OML and ANW and enjoy both for similar reasons to those stated by others earlier. Personally I am really looking forward to the next issue and for what it's worth think that OML is my favourite incarnation of Logan to date. As this issue showed him symbolically burning his Wolverine outfit in the Wasteland I think it is appropriate for Laura to have adopted the name and costume. I, for one, hope that Marvel keep these two characters as they are and don't restore that status quo of the original Wolverine. His story is done, let Logan and Laura continue the tradition.