Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

> Looks for avatar
    > Only Marvel stuff
    > Okay I will just pick Kamala
    > No, Kamala...

You will never see me coming!

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sonofspam1972 View Post
    They are threatened by women coming into their little clubhouse and making their opinions known.
    I'm not sure that's the ONLY reason, but I'm sure some of them felt that.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-19-2016 at 07:56 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    > Looks for avatar
    > Only Marvel stuff
    > Okay I will just pick Kamala
    > No, Kamala...

You will never see me coming!
    They also didn't have Robbie Reyes(All New Ghost Rider)Or Loki Agent Of Asgard....

That's weird. I never saw any of that kind of stuff. Sure, people bitching and moaning, but that's par the course for any message board. But never anything as extreme as what Jonah talked about. Still, I'm glad the forums are at least still around. Now we just have to wait for all the conversations and topics to get back up off the ground. A lot of good stuff got wiped in the reboot.
    Last edited by Michael24; 04-30-2014 at 03:00 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm glad to see a change to be completely honest with everyone. All the negativity was beginning to become bothersome. I've no problem with people with legit complaints that can express those complaints intelligently and can do so without jumping all over people who disagree with them. It's the other sort that depresses me.

Anyway kudos on the CBR crew for making this change.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I've definitely been put off by some misogynistic language I've seen thrown around these forums in the past, and the word that it won't be tolerated anymore is a very heartening sign.

All-New Member

im pretty angry right now, Not at Cbr because they did the right thing. I am mad at my fellow comic fans that some of them can be So Poisonious i can get behind complaining abut storys and things u dont like we all do that but they crossed a line i reallly hope cbr kept track of isp adresses so that they can make sure the poison stays gone.
    Last edited by RohanriderX; 04-30-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blankzilla View Post
    I just joined because of today's announcement. It is an excellent attitude and deserves to be supported.
    you took the words right out of my mouth

fairly literally

Fantastic Member

I'm not entirely sure how this reboot helps change anything. I mean OK...so anyone that behaves badly gets banned. Could that not be done before?? Could not the rules have simply changed to whatever these new ones are without wiping everything?? Strange...

We'll see how well the scorched earth tactic will actually work.

I'm glad that there is still a CBR, but I'm disappointed that the Classic Comics subforum is gone. We had just started a very interesting discussion of Master of Kung-Fu there a couple of days ago.

I think this is a big step in the right direction. The X-Men forums had become more like something you had to brace yourself to endure, rather than anything enjoyable. Well done CBR!

I didn't read anything to suggest that people can't complain, criticise or even whine in the announcement over on the CBR news page. As far as I can tell, the key statement was;

Effective immediately, in place of the forums will live the new CBR Community, a discussion area that will still facilitate conversation and debate, however passionate -- but will show zero tolerance for intimidation or abuse of all members of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation and gender identification.
    ..which were presumably the same rules we had prior to the reboot, right? So as far as I can tell, the only thing that's changed is that the rules which were already in place are still in place. But moreso. Or something. I think.

Build high for happiness!

Aw, man, now I have to repopulate my ignore list!

But seriously, I understand the idea of a need for a clean break. Hopefully the new forums policy leads to cutting of some of the chaff we had and the return of some old, missed friends.

Now, how's about getting Rita's started back up?

it's possible for people to have negative opinions about things without being disrespectful (and a lot of what went on before went well beyond disrespectful), and if someone can't do that, I'm not particularly interested in hearing what they have to say

the moderators and administrators here have no responsibility to provide a soapbox for misogynists, and bigots, same as any other website

hell, the forum community I've participated in the longest put a rule in place a few years ago that banned any insult other than "silly goose". At the time it seemed like a joke, people played along, some people got mad and left. Years later, the rule is still there, still enforced, and interesting conversations and debates still happen.

because you can still disagree without being a silly goose about it
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-19-2016 at 08:00 AM.