Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 243
  1. #61
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,418

    Default

    I for one am not pissed at the guys incharge for doing this. It sucks but sometimes one has to make decisions that isn't favorable. I blame the fools who caused this to happen if any.

  2. #62
    The Devil Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    What year is it?!

    Custom avatar ahoy.

  3. #63
    Junior Member dma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I know some of the old guard won't understand this as a benefit, but having a fresh start means that people like me, who weren't on the old forums, are registering to get in on the ground floor. So yes, thank you for making a bold move, respecting history by keeping an archive, and starting fresh with a strong set of rules and moderators in place.

  4. #64
    Veteran Member FanboyStranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I'm glad that there is still a CBR, but I'm disappointed that the Classic Comics subforum is gone. We had just started a very interesting discussion of Master of Kung-Fu there a couple of days ago.
    Yeah, that's my only complaint with the move. The Classics Forum was a resource for people interested in good comics, and it featured some of the most knowledgable and helpful posters around. I get why certain other forums have been eliminated-- Vertigo, for example, occasionally had good discussions, but very few people ever checked it out-- but Classics was the head and the heart of the old CBR. Hopefully, something can be done about bringing back that distinct element of the community.

    Other than that, I'm totally cool with them taking the nuclear option. The thread in question was an absolute cesspool of hate and sexism, and certain other forums had cultivated a truly hostile affect. If this chases those types of poster away, I applaud the move.

  5. #65

    Default

    Hey, at least the forums came back.

    I remember when Newsarama unexpectedly shut down their forums. For awhile they said the boards would be back, but it never happened.

  6. #66
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dma View Post
    I know some of the old guard won't understand this as a benefit, but having a fresh start means that people like me, who weren't on the old forums, are registering to get in on the ground floor. So yes, thank you for making a bold move, respecting history by keeping an archive, and starting fresh with a strong set of rules and moderators in place.
    Exactly. Look at it in a glasses half full perspective.

  7. #67
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Hey, at least the forums came back.

    I remember when Newsarama unexpectedly shut down their forums. For awhile they said the boards would be back, but it never happened.
    I've been on a few boards where they just shut down without any warning and never returned. People should be glad this isn't the case.

  8. #68
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Whatever can get those wackos who brought havoc upon the Teen Titan's thread, the better.

    Hopefully what is created in this rebirth can be a lot more useful for all who want to discuss comics. Positive or negative, I just don't want it to be as toxic as some of those threads got in the end.

  9. #69
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Thank you, tis can be a fresh start for all. I'm gonna miss the divided sections (and the Avengers board), but one thing I won't miss is all the negativity that went on, especially in the X-Boards. I didn't post much in the old forum, but I hope to post more in the future.

  10. #70
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    Thank you, tis can be a fresh start for all. I'm gonna miss the divided sections (and the Avengers board), but one thing I won't miss is all the negativity that went on, especially in the X-Boards. I didn't post much in the old forum, but I hope to post more in the future.
    Not just the X-Boards but have you been in the DC Boards as of late? On the positive there have been some insightful posters but you also have others that give comic fans a bad name

  11. #71
    Fantastic Member kmeyers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Reboot? All are welcome again?

  12. #72
    The Devil Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    Reboot? All are welcome again?
    Not all.

    Not all indeed.

  13. #73
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,462

    Default

    this totally caught me off-guard, but after reading what happened to Janelle Asselin you can't help but support this.


    Here is to the new CBR forums

    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  14. #74
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Good luck to CBR with this new direction on their forums, and best of luck to making some positive change.

    To show appreciation, I offer this swapped arms picture to the community.
    f984c1ae59afa23b7ba89199208cf252.600x.jpg

  15. #75
    Mighty Member Mr. Mastermind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Yeah, that's my only complaint with the move. The Classics Forum was a resource for people interested in good comics, and it featured some of the most knowledgable and helpful posters around. I get why certain other forums have been eliminated-- Vertigo, for example, occasionally had good discussions, but very few people ever checked it out-- but Classics was the head and the heart of the old CBR. Hopefully, something can be done about bringing back that distinct element of the community.
    Agreed. I didn't post on Classics very often, but when I checked out the discussions they were always great.

    Also, on the same topic, why were the Wonder Woman forums preserved? They were full of hatred and negativity from all angles, with the only threads that gained traction were tired debates on the exact same things; the costume, how much certain posters hated certain writers and a potential movie that will never happen.

    Also, Classic comics had a unique place whilst Wonder Woman topics could just as easily be discussed on the main DC board.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •