Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C-Cool View Post
    Whatever can get those wackos who brought havoc upon the Teen Titan's thread, the better.

Hopefully what is created in this rebirth can be a lot more useful for all who want to discuss comics. Positive or negative, I just don't want it to be as toxic as some of those threads got in the end.
    I'm with you there.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Fantastic Member

Hi,I normally post mainly on the X-Boards but I feel this is probably the best place to post my complete disagreement with the re-boot.Any Offensive posts should have been deleted and any offensive posters perm-a-banned but to delete all historical posts hints at some sort of Internet vandalism.

Jonah mentions that he had grown out of touch with the forums and that would certainly be affirmed by his amazing over-reaction--to wipe out years of posts on a whim is extremely disappointing.

Jonah asks that we consider the following :' Would you act like this or say this if you were in someone else’s house? Keep that question in mind'.....I hope he wouldn't throw his weight around like he has if he came over to my house.Has he considered the input of many posters to provide free information sources to their fellow posters.As well as the record that forums provided of the thoughts of posters who are now deceased--wiped out with the flick of a switch.......not nice.

The mood of this thread seems overwhelmingly positive towards the reboot so I felt all the more compelled to point out that not everyone feels that way.

BANNED

Having now read the new rules (probably should have read them sooner), I do find myself in absolute agreement. Especially the parts about zero tolerance and treating everyone equally, whether newb or veteran. I just hope they stick with it.

Fantastic Member

As long as they follow through with the new mission statement, I think this is lovely.

Also, I was thinking about getting into the Batman board, but I heard it retained some continuity from the previous forum. Is there anything I need to read to catch up?

I am so, so proud of Jonah for doing this. I've been posting here since around 1998 and I was also a moderator for many years, and I stopped visiting CBR regularly because the climate was so toxic. I hope that this policy change will result in a more civil atmosphere and a higher level of discourse.

BANNED

Is anyone surprised the negative "No Thank You" thread is already more than twice as long as the positive "Thank You" thread?

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

I love the smell of scorched earth.

I approve the reasons why the forums have been reset. I missed the controversy over the Easter break, but it's shameful to behave that way to one person over her rightful opinion about a comic book cover.

Registration was completely hassle-free and I even found my old avatar without too much trouble. Geez, this is my third reboot in 18 years. I hope we can get the old "member since" dates.

If not, well...Pantheon represent!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    Is anyone surprised the negative "No Thank You" thread is already more than twice as long as the positive "Thank You" thread?
    It's actually gradually becoming more of a casual conversations thread.

BANNED

I can see the point in doing this. A lot of us (self definitely included) allowed negative statements to snowball out of control. I'm okay with it, and plan to stay within the new rules, and I think as long as most people abide by them debates can still be had, they will just be more controlled. It's quite similar to the rules at TheForce.Net -discuss the films, not the posters. Same principle here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I'm glad that there is still a CBR, but I'm disappointed that the Classic Comics subforum is gone. We had just started a very interesting discussion of Master of Kung-Fu there a couple of days ago.
    You can retrieve that thread you know? It's on a link but you can get the info and show it to the guys

Very happy with this choice, and the reasons for doing it. It can be hard to admit you were fostering a negative environment, and I'm glad actions have been taken to correct course.

Quote Originally Posted by Limerick View Post
    Hi,I normally post mainly on the X-Boards but I feel this is probably the best place to post my complete disagreement with the re-boot.Any Offensive posts should have been deleted and any offensive posters perm-a-banned but to delete all historical posts hints at some sort of Internet vandalism.

Jonah mentions that he had grown out of touch with the forums and that would certainly be affirmed by his amazing over-reaction--to wipe out years of posts on a whim is extremely disappointing.

Jonah asks that we consider the following :' Would you act like this or say this if you were in someone else’s house? Keep that question in mind'.....I hope he wouldn't throw his weight around like he has if he came over to my house.Has he considered the input of many posters to provide free information sources to their fellow posters.As well as the record that forums provided of the thoughts of posters who are now deceased--wiped out with the flick of a switch.......not nice.

The mood of this thread seems overwhelmingly positive towards the reboot so I felt all the more compelled to point out that not everyone feels that way.
    Actually there is another thread discussing the other view of this event.
    And with this new board i fear for the X-board because the old X-board was a very free environment for discussion. An environment needed for the discussion the source material brought.

The X-Board was a free environment for trolling. I can't even remember the last time it was possible to have an intelligent discussion there. Changing that would be worth all the rest in and of itself.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

I feel good about this change, a whole new CBR, and maybe, just maybe we can be better. There's nothing wrong with criticism, or disagreeing with criticism, but some have taken it too far. Seriously, trying to hack into her bank account? Just because she didn't like a cover?

If my counting and math are correct, this is the twentieth major message board reboot I've gone through.

Looking on the bright side, I still don't have to join Facebook or use my real name to post here.

Additionally, my New CBR costume is designed by Darwyn Cooke and not only has a snappy cape, but a fin on top of the cowl.