Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

sweet fin man

Thanks CBR team. I signed up to this forum a while ago, and left promptly after some of the things I saw being posted.

Fingers crossed things will be better this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Kashtan View Post
    I am so, so proud of Jonah for doing this. I've been posting here since around 1998 and I was also a moderator for many years, and I stopped visiting CBR regularly because the climate was so toxic. I hope that this policy change will result in a more civil atmosphere and a higher level of discourse.
    I'm with Aaron-- I think we both started hanging out here at around the same time, and it sounds like we've both drifted away from these boards. But I think Jonah and the administrators should be commended for making a responsible, potentially unpopular decision.

Incredible Member Jonah Weiland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    As long as they follow through with the new mission statement, I think this is lovely.
    We're going to try our hardest and I hope you'll join us in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    Is anyone surprised the negative "No Thank You" thread is already more than twice as long as the positive "Thank You" thread?
    I'm not and I expected it. Change isn't easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    The X-Board was a free environment for trolling. I can't even remember the last time it was possible to have an intelligent discussion there. Changing that would be worth all the rest in and of itself.
    It was fun board where people had fun. I dont remember the last time where a board was actually fun to look at.
    Intelligent discussion could be had but not every single thread had included that.
    Now their fun is, of course, not the fun everyone is used at but there were some actual discussions that i dont think it's possible now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    I can see the point in doing this. A lot of us (self definitely included) allowed negative statements to snowball out of control. I'm okay with it, and plan to stay within the new rules, and I think as long as most people abide by them debates can still be had, they will just be more controlled. It's quite similar to the rules at TheForce.Net -discuss the films, not the posters. Same principle here.
    Welcome to the new CBR Community!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Thanks CBR team. I signed up to this forum a while ago, and left promptly after some of the things I saw being posted.

Fingers crossed things will be better this time around.
    Welcome to the new CBR Community. I truly do hope you'll stick around for a while and help us keep the trolls out and the good people talking!

I was shocked by this development, and thought maybe somebody accidentally hit the "delete all" button again.

But after reading what happened, I agree. What happened was unacceptable. Sometimes pruning is needed. Other times you need to burn the forest and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Kashtan View Post
    I am so, so proud of Jonah for doing this. I've been posting here since around 1998 and I was also a moderator for many years, and I stopped visiting CBR regularly because the climate was so toxic. I hope that this policy change will result in a more civil atmosphere and a higher level of discourse.
    Me, too! Help us achieve that goal, please! Glad to see you here, Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Weiland View Post
    Positive change is easily accepted.
    I dont even think can actually even be categorized as a change.
    Technically by definition i think you can but this was just a nuke more than anything else.

Welcome to the new CBR Community. I truly do hope you'll stick around for a while and help us keep the trolls out and the good people talking!
    I'll be around, not to worry.

This Kiwi chick has had her fair share of moderating forums and groups, so I know what you did wasn't an easy thing. But it had to be done. Thanks for owning up and doing something about it.

You cancelled and restarted Action and Detective with new #1s you monster!!!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm glad for this change and respect Jonah for being able to make it. I've been a mod. on several forums and it's not an easy thing to have to do nor is it decision that happens "suddenly" when it does. This has been building over time, if it's anything like what happened on a few of the other forums I was staff on and I'm on board with this reboot.

In any case things had gotten so toxic to me that I was actually thinking of leaving the forum again, though I hadn't yet decided if my leaving was going to be of the permanent sort this time or not. Glad now that I won't need to make that decision at all.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 04-30-2014 at 05:38 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

So...are we going to party like it's 1996?

Because suddenly, it feels a lot like 1996 in here.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)