Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Whenever they get around to doing a new Trek series it is going to be set in the new movie continutity so with it being wide open it could be anything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Whenever they get around to doing a new Trek series it is going to be set in the new movie continutity so with it being wide open it could be anything.

I hope not, quite frankly. IMO they should try and go farther to the future instead of doing the 23-24 century again.

What's going to happen in the 25th?

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    I hope not, quite frankly. IMO they should try and go farther to the future instead of doing the 23-24 century again.

What's going to happen in the 25th?
    I agree. I just wish CBS didn't own the tv rights. I wonder what a smaller station like AMC would do with it. A show can be great without having 5+ million viewers weekly. Or maybe Netflix, Amazon or HBO.

Section 31 was also featured in Enterprise and Into Darkness.

I think there's been a few pitches for a new series here and there, but nothing solid.

I'd say that "if" there's a new Trek series, I'm less interested in another captain with a full starship crew- I'd be more interested in the spy/black-ops side of the Trek universe. Also, even if there were a non-federation based team of people, GOTG style, hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Are you implying Enterprise wasn't good, because I really enjoyed the series :/. Though...I never got around to watching the last few episodes since it was cancelled and probably had a half-assed finale.
    Until the last season, it was crap. The last season had some people with talent and who loved Star Trek take over, but it was too late to save the show by then.
    Life is but a dream

BANNED

I liked my idea for a new series: Khan is rescued from stasis while the enterprise is on her 5 year mission. The series pitches Khan and his augments against a team of star fleet officers trying to prevent an all-out genetic war. When Khan loses control of his augment family and his movement splinters he is forced to manipulate Star fleet into cleaning up the rebel augments before there is no more earth to conquer. Series runs for five seasons and culminates in The Wrath of Khan II movie for which Into Darkness seemed more of an introduction rather than a remake with the series showing what a true threat Khan is.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Only problem is you would have to recast Khan since there is no way your getting Cumberbatch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Only problem is you would have to recast Khan since there is no way your getting Cumberbatch.
    He's doing Sherlock Holmes as well so it wouldn't be impossible if it's a part he's interested in playing.
    But it was just an idea, not like I have the power to actually make it happen heh.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Until the last season, it was crap. The last season had some people with talent and who loved Star Trek take over, but it was too late to save the show by then.
    I'm okay with crap if I enjoy it .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Does this have to deal with the finale? I've never got around to seeing it. Or am I just not remembering the general story of the series?
    No, it was in the first season or 2.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Section 31?

Truthfully, I've only seen Wrath Of Khan, The Voyage Home, Star Trek, Into Darkness and bits and pieces of the various shows, and I've only ever heard of that in Smallville, but Level 31.

Could you elavorate please, red winter?
    IT was Star fleet's covert intelligence agency,if you watched DS9 or read some of the Star Trek: Section 31 books you may have heard about it