Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Just read the issue.

spoilers:
    I called it down the line, including the Curator being Wendell. Wendell gave up the bands because he was 'losing control' and he trusted Maria Hill to safeguard them. It felt... really superflous to the main plot. They made her the narrator for the issue, too, which was weird. They didn't really address if she'll be in any books going forward, Wendell didn't interact with any of the Avengers, and the Avengers didn't really respond to New Quasar at all.

It felt really hollow.

I guess the lesson here is to not love D-list superheroes.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 04-27-2016 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Added spoiler tags (but I read the issue in mind already)

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    The Nova Corps are a group of characters, there can't be a "real" Nova.
    Yeah, but there can be a "greatest" Nova, a la Green Lantern.

Oh God, just had a thought... as much as I love Richard and want him back, can we got do a Green Lantern: Rebirth and shill him as the bestest Nova ever? I mean, it'd definitely be more valid with Richard than with Hal, but still, shilling is never good.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Will of the Geeks View Post
    Yeah, but there can be a "greatest" Nova, a la Green Lantern.

Oh God, just had a thought... as much as I love Richard and want him back, can we got do a Green Lantern: Rebirth and shill him as the bestest Nova ever? I mean, it'd definitely be more valid with Richard than with Hal, but still, shilling is never good.
    He's already established as the greatest Nova ever.

Not happy with this development. Bad enough that we're getting a new Wasp, no sign of the Fantastic Four returning (unless I've missed something), and that the Black Knight is left to rot in Weirdworld, now they're forcing a new spoilers:
    Quasar
    end of spoilers on us? I'm already sick of ANAD Marvel.
    Last edited by MollyBarton; 04-27-2016 at 09:56 AM.

spoilers:
    So the new character seems kinda cool. But it was major false advertising by Marvel to advertise a "long awaited return" then have it be a new character. Really a punch in the face to fans who got their hopes up for Wendell, Rich, Phyla and Mar-Vell. And handling it so poorly is definitely going to sour a lot of people on her before they give her a chance.
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdFury View Post
    Just read the issue.

spoilers:
    I called it down the line, including the Curator being Wendell. Wendell gave up the bands because he was 'losing control' and he trusted Maria Hill to safeguard them. It felt... really superflous to the main plot. They made her the narrator for the issue, too, which was weird. They didn't really address if she'll be in any books going forward, Wendell didn't interact with any of the Avengers, and the Avengers didn't really respond to New Quasar at all.

It felt really hollow.

I guess the lesson here is to not love D-list superheroes.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Interview on newsarama says she will be in the Cap books and a couple other big stories he couldn't talk about.
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

This is incredibly stupid

spoilers:
    So let me get this straight. Wendell is there and instead of just using the bands himself, he gives them to her to use? Not only is that reckless and foolish, but it puts her life and others in danger. And her costume? Ugh. Looks like she borrowed something from D-Man.
    end of spoilers
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    spoilers:
    So the new character seems kinda cool. But it was major false advertising by Marvel to advertise a "long awaited return" then have it be a new character. Really a punch in the face to fans who got their hopes up for Wendell, Rich, Phyla and Mar-Vell. And handling it so poorly is definitely going to sour a lot of people on her before they give her a chance.
    end of spoilers
    I agree. Marvel shouldn't have post the teaser, as it will end angering fans of those characters (I, for example, was dissapointed that it wasn't Phylla's return) and it will end damaging the character. Avril seems pretty interesting, and I like the costume, so I will try to give her a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I agree. Marvel shouldn't have post the teaser, as it will end angering fans of those characters (I, for example, was dissapointed that it wasn't Phylla's return) and it will end damaging the character. Avril seems pretty interesting, and I like the costume, so I will try to give her a chance.
    I do like the costume, but man that bait and switch annoys me. I think I'll just find other space characters to read about.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I do like the costume, but man that bait and switch annoys me. I think I'll just find other space characters to read about.
    I'm in the same boat. I find the character very interesting and at least they are going to have her be in the Cap books and most likely show up over in Guardians or Avengers. However, I agree, it just hurts that Wendell was there and gives them to her instead of just trying to use them and then decides his time is up. That way it would have been a better switch off, but I do like him in the mentor role. However, he Wendell has been killed, brought back, killed again, brought back as energy and then using an alternate universe to bring his body back since death didn't exist there. Now, he is: "This is just taxing, so here you go Arvil." But I do like the costume and the character set up.
    Mooper Films

Quote Originally Posted by Mooper Films View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I find the character very interesting and at least they are going to have her be in the Cap books and most likely show up over in Guardians or Avengers. However, I agree, it just hurts that Wendell was there and gives them to her instead of just trying to use them and then decides his time is up. That way it would have been a better switch off, but I do like him in the mentor role. However, he Wendell has been killed, brought back, killed again, brought back as energy and then using an alternate universe to bring his body back since death didn't exist there. Now, he is: "This is just taxing, so here you go Arvil." But I do like the costume and the character set up.
    I guess I have to accept that the annihilation through war of kings era of cosmic marvel that I loved is gone, and it's not coming back. I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed, but this bait and switch was the last straw for me. Marvel still makes other books I like, but since it looks like Guardians of Infinity is going to bite it, I'm going to have to look a little harder for other space books to read. At least there's still Transformers.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

I agree with what others have said about the bait and switch, but i'm relatively optimistic about Avril as a character.

I don't want to do a massive post here, so if anybody is interested, my slightly more detailed thoughts are here : https://mattsdullramblings.wordpress...he-new-quasar/ Please feel free to comment and/ or like. I'm sorry to be that guy that tries to promote himself but I'd really love to get a few more views on my page

Wow. Sorry to hear about the bait and switch, guys.

That's... not cool.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Turning an established characters into a female? That should bring in millions of new readers.

I'm all for diversity, I'm an X-Men fan. But they way Marvel is doing this does not feel organic like it did in the past, it's coming off as very forced.

Male Quasar should have stayed dead after Annihilation War and serve as Jedi ghost to new Quasars.
    I hope Martyr came back to serve as antagonist to the new Quasar.
    I think this is more organic and acceptable.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”