Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Poor Ferg he finally stands up for himself and then gets shat on by Walt and then Barlow. Really satisfying seeing Jacob Nighthorse get arrested.
    Agree on all counts, though especially with Walt. They really don't have any justification for cutting him out of the loop

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

The preview for the season finale looks pretty good.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Great finale. I think Walt has progressed a long way since the series premiere. The scene of him spreading his wife's ashes said it all. Excellent cliffhanger!
    Last edited by Enigmatic Undead; 08-05-2014 at 09:25 AM.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Great season finale.

I was very happy that all the major mysteries of the last three seasons were wrapped up. I hate when show's drag stories out for years and years. Everyone discovered Branch had been right all along about David Ridges being alive, Henry's innocence was proven (him driving down the road with his face in the wind was great), and those behind Walt's wife's murder were finally revealed. And that's in addition to the Vic/Ed subplot apparently being over a few weeks back. The only thing that wasn't really clear to me is if Jacob Nighthorse knew that Barlow Connally was paying to have Walt's wife killed, or if he only knew that Barlow wanted to pay for David Ridges's services for some private matter. All in all, it was definitely a packed finale, and it feels like next season can now focus on all the characters finally moving on and starting new chapters in their lives. Not to mention Branch earning his way back into the department.

Besides being a suspenseful and dramatic episode, it was also surprisingly funny at times. The show isn't really known for its sense of humor, but there were more scenes in this episode that made me laugh out loud than in all the previous episodes combined. And you realize just how much the writers have made you come to care about a character when you're nearly in tears right alongside them. The final scene with Walt spreading his wife's ashes and breaking down as he did so was very moving.

As for the last-minute cliffhanger, I think it's clear who the survivor will be. Branch's rifle was already loaded and cocked, while his dad still had to close and cock his as he turned. Gerald McRaney has made a great hard ass on this show, so I'll kind of miss him if he's indeed killed off and wasn't just wounded.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    I was very happy that all the major mysteries of the last three seasons were wrapped up. I hate when show's drag stories out for years and years. Everyone discovered Branch had been right all along about David Ridges being alive, Henry's innocence was proven (him driving down the road with his face in the wind was great), and those behind Walt's wife's murder were finally revealed. And that's in addition to the Vic/Ed subplot apparently being over a few weeks back. The only thing that wasn't really clear to me is if Jacob Nighthorse knew that Barlow Connally was paying to have Walt's wife killed, or if he only knew that Barlow wanted to pay for David Ridges's services for some private matter. All in all, it was definitely a packed finale, and it feels like next season can now focus on all the characters finally moving on and starting new chapters in their lives. Not to mention Branch earning his way back into the department.

Besides being a suspenseful and dramatic episode, it was also surprisingly funny at times. The show isn't really known for its sense of humor, but there were more scenes in this episode that made me laugh out loud than in all the previous episodes combined. And you realize just how much the writers have made you come to care about a character when you're nearly in tears right alongside them. The final scene with Walt spreading his wife's ashes and breaking down as he did so was very moving.

As for the last-minute cliffhanger, I think it's clear who the survivor will be. Branch's rifle was already loaded and cocked, while his dad still had to close and cock his as he turned. Gerald McRaney has made a great hard ass on this show, so I'll kind of miss him if he's indeed killed off and wasn't just wounded.
    Agreed on all points, especially given that Branch is all that stands between Walt, Nighthorse and a bullet to the head.

It was a good wrap up and the cliffhanger should be something interesting to play out should it get renewed.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Ultimate Member

Any word on this? I heard A&E canned it despite the ratings and it was being shopped around. What're the odds of it being grabbed by another network?

Great show, it's a shame it had to end, it had the potential to be another Dallas(original series), especially with Branch's father being such an old school jerk. With him and Walt becoming at the opposite ends of things.

But did they just cut this before Walt had his final confrontation with his wife's murderer?