Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Default Dan Didio tease - is this what he was talking about? POSSIBLE SPOILERS

So two months ago, Dan Didio made this announcement:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-comics-tenure

DC Comics has announced its initial plans for "Rebirth," and following CBR's initial interview with DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, DC Co-Publisher Dan DiDio has made his thoughts known, via a video interview with ComicVine. Notably, DiDio teased that May's "DC Universe: Rebirth" #1 one-shot, which kicks off the "Rebirth" refresh of DC Comics' core publishing line, contains what he believes is likely the "single most controversial scene" in his 14 years at DC Comics.

"I think you'll be extraordinarily surprised and excited by what's in there," DiDio said. And it's going to have what I believe is probably the single most controversial scene in DC Comics in all the time that I've been there."

Given some of the controversial stories in DiDio's time at DC Comics -- including "Identity Crisis," "Countdown to Infinite Crisis" and the New 52 reboot -- it's a statement that will surely spark speculation.

The "DC Universe: Rebirth" one-shot, written by Geoff Johns and illustrated by artists including Ethan Van Sciver, Ivan Reis, Gary Frank and Phil Jimenez, is scheduled for release on May 25.
    Since then, New 52 Superman has been absent from all REBIRTH solicitations, and now it's been established that he's dying. Further, it appears pre-FLASHPOINT Superman is going to take over as THE Superman going forward.

So is the death of New 52 Superman the most controversial scene we're going to see?

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Not really controversial when the current storyline in the Superman books is about Nuperman basically preparing for his own demise, so odds are its something else.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

To be more controversial than Infinite Crisis, Superman should die after being raped by Lex Luthor. Ugh, gross.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-22-2016 at 03:29 PM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I don't think that's going to be it, I think it's going to be something not steaming from Superman. Though what could be more controversial then Identity Crises is beyond me. only thing I can think of is that everything is going to be rewritten again by some unseen force.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

I'm going to call it: He's going into the Sun.

BANNED

superman will die, but he is pregnant of batman 's child

BANNED

Actually what it could be is that a dying superman fights and gets killed by doomsday.then goes on to fight the healthy and older superdad,the one that already fought a doomsday.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I don't think that's going to be it, I think it's going to be something not steaming from Superman. Though what could be more controversial then Identity Crises is beyond me. only thing I can think of is that everything is going to be rewritten again by some unseen force.
    The only reason I bring it up, is that based on REBIRTH solicitations, every character post-REBIRTH is the same incarnation as New 52, with the exception of Superman. In fact, thus far it *appears* the most significant change coming with REBIRTH is the replacement of New 52 Superman with his pre-FLASHPOINT counterpart. That's not to say there won't be other changes. But it appears that whatever changes are taking place, Superman is taking the brunt of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    I'm going to call it: He's going into the Sun.
    What makes you think that.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Perfect funeral to give the guy.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Seems to be playing on AS Superman story.

True enough regarding the changes, but it looks like there's going to be changes with Diana and Batman as well.

BANNED

Superdad taking over isnt really a change either,because he is already here.SO there is absolutely NO published changes that any of us can see yet.

Hopefully we get a last page where there is 10 or so hands reaching through the lightning,and we can tell who they are just from their arms.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Perfect funeral to give the guy.
    Not exactly controversial.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Seems to be playing on AS Superman story.

True enough regarding the changes, but it looks like there's going to be changes with Diana and Batman as well.
    Tomasi said he does NOT want to be compared to All Star.

Also, I think it something different. Rebirth is also promoting this big surprise and I think the controversy will have something to do with that, instead.