Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    you didn't read what I posted, right?

I listed my issues with Batman, I said with it was better but not without problems
    you are trying to make me look hipocrite, but I am not hipocrite. I explicited my problems with batWW. I'm not a shipper, but I enjoyed some stories specially that they stay on the WHAT IF and never really happen.

sure some shippers are bad ( I remember whan a so shippers went commenting on BC, tumblr calling lois bad names because of the reveal of superman ID) And majority is nice. Just because I call out on sexism on something, doesn't mean the fans are. this is one thing I don't get, there is a problematic story/comic, doesn't mean all fans are problematic too.
    seems like people want to like something without feeling guilt ::shrug::
    people know very well that fictional stories reflect and influence real life.

So those that like the Superman/WW relationship should feel guilty? If you think so, that proves my point.

batman doesn't has powers buddy, i didn't said it was perfect feminist by any means. but feminist I know agree with me, but what we know about this?
    So what if the Flash and WW ever got together? How about Captain Marvel and WW? Aquaman and WW? Are those inherently sexist too because they have powers? Or does that only apply to a relationship with Superman? If so, why?
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 04-27-2016 at 04:30 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Power or not power, Batman treats women like garbage, many of his women are plot devices that end up dead. Also, do you really want Diana being part of his already crowded "harem"?
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-27-2016 at 05:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    So those that like the Superman/WW relationship should feel guilty? If you think so, that proves my point.
    so what is your point?

it's not up to me say anything, everyone have personal morals and ethics.

Batman's love them and leave them is the epitome of feminism

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Batman's love them and leave them is the epitome of feminism
    Women like to be treated badly by the bad boys.

so what is your point?

it's not up to me say anything, everyone have personal morals and ethics.

You are and that's the issue here.

You want to frame it all in social justice and imply that if a person ships WW/Supes, they are a sexist and support sexism. It's a tool you use over and over and over. You demonize others by association....and you use it to steer conversations that have little to do with debating the merits of a Superman/WW relationship and steer the conversation in that way so you can tell us all again how much you hate it and how you are right and everyone is wrong for not seeing things how you do.

BANNED

sure some shippers are bad ( I remember whan a so shippers went commenting on BC, tumblr calling lois bad names because of the reveal of superman ID) And majority is nice. Just because I call out on sexism on something, doesn't mean the fans are. this is one thing I don't get, there is a problematic story/comic, doesn't mean all fans are problematic too.

I wont shut up from what I think is problematic, that has zero chances of happening.
    seems like people refuse to understand for what wonder woman stand for, and it isn't for being superman girlfriend for sure.
    You are certainly free to use feminist shaming tactics at your discretion.

Conversely, people are also free to tell you when said shaming tactics are nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yeah cause they know they can change them bad boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Yeah cause they know they can change them bad boys.
    Yeah, sure.

I wont shut up from what I think is problematic, that has zero chances of happening.
    seems like people refuse to understand for what wonder woman stand for, and it isn't for being superman girlfriend for sure.

no, it is superman comics that like to humiliate the co-lead lois lane. use the biggest feminist icon as a lovesick schoolgirl (don't take offense at me schoolgirls
    You know, I'm pretty liberal, and I still think that the idea that Superman and Wonder Woman dating is somehow sexist is beyond ridiculous. You're making feminists look really bad with this stuff. You're not doing them any favors. If you don't like them dating, fine, have your preference, but it's offensive that you spend so much time on here calling it inherently sexist and calling anyone who likes it sexist. You may want to tone that down a little if your goal is to have a discussion and not to troll.

no, it is superman comics that like to humiliate the co-lead lois lane. use the biggest feminist icon as a lovesick schoolgirl (don't take offense at me schoolgirls
    Wishing WW to date someone else who's inferior to her either in iconic status or power level just so she could shine brighter isn't an act of encouraging female empowerment, it's an act of emphasising female insecurity. It shows that you don't believe WW can date Superman and be his equal so you'd rather have her dating Steve who'd have zero chance to steal her thunder or Batman who, despite being the top dog in DC universe, could never match her in physical strength. Feminism should be about gender equality not female superiority.
    Last edited by Anis; 04-27-2016 at 05:58 PM.

Not really feminist, but some feminist agree with me it is less awful.
    "I'm not really a feminist but some unnamed feminists agree with me" is, like, the worst argument-from-feminism you could come up with.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

BANNED

Power or not power, Batman treats women like garbage, many of his women are plot devices that end up dead. Also, do you really want Diana being part of his already crowded "harem"?
    what harem? batman only had a one time with catwoman (on her own book doen by judd winnick same dude that had talia and jason having sex). then julie madison that happened becaus eh lost his batman memory.
    I'm refering to new 52 batman comics

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    "I'm not really a feminist but some unnamed feminists agree with me" is, like, the worst argument-from-feminism you could come up with.
    I'm feminist, the "not so feminist" is about batman and wonder woman. of course I won't name feminists on a forum, specially when harass feminist is troll speciality on internet

oh geez, this thread has even a shaming a trope that many women like.

but then call smww sexist and it is the end of the world
    Last edited by Tayswift; 04-27-2016 at 06:24 PM.

what harem? batman only had a one time with catwoman (on her own book doen by judd winnick same dude that had talia and jason having sex). then julie madison that happened becaus eh lost his batman memory.
    I'm refering to new 52 batman comics
    You can also add that when he had a one time with Catwoman, he was dating a woman in Detective Comics and another one in The Dark Knight.
    He's a womanizer even in the new52, anyway.