Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Investigating "Civil War II": Which Hero Will Fall?

One of Marvel's biggest heroes will pay the ultimate price in July's "Civil War II" #3 -- will they be one of these five?

Full article here.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

If I have to choose one, just War Machine, the rest should live but with Bendis and his trend to kill off characters, not sure (He did it in its moment with all of these characters except She-Hulk).

Bruce Banner.

Hasn't it also been stated that Janet van Dyne will continue to be a player in Uncanny Avengers as they get into the Hank Pym plot they've been seeding? Or perhaps that all takes place before this death.

For my own guess, I submit Bruce Banner. May seem too obvious since he's on the cover of the issue in question (at least I think that's him and not Cho) but it would be another chance to double down on a legacy character. We'll see!

Astonishing Member

Hawkeye, Wasp, and Vision all seem unlikely to me since Bendis himself has already "killed" all 3 of them in events...Hawkeye (who he caught all kinds of grief over) and Vision (who only returned relatively recently) both died in Avengers Disassembled and Wasp several years later in Secret Invasion...though I suppose they could kill Hawkeye again in order to give Kate Bishop a bigger push.

Would Bendis really repeat himself by killing off Hawkeye or Wasp again?

Then again, Hawkeye's been a shell of himself for a while so maybe killing him off and letting Kate completely take over for a while (instead of being written as just the better and more preferred Hawkeye whenever Clint's around) would be good for him.

Janet dying just as they're introducing Nadia/Hope/ANAD Wasp would really suck .

Of the choices the writer of the article is giving, I'd say She-Hulk or War Machine, probably more War Machine. I don't see Bendis killing off any of the other three, I even find it funny that the writer included them since I haven't seen any prior speculation that they might die anywhere in forums or articles. Bendis has already killed Janet once, I doubt he'd do it again, and as others have said it's been stated that Jan will be part of UA or ANAD Avengers in a story arc that takes place at the same time as Civil War II. Plus I'm not sure Vision or Clint will even be part of the event... has anyone heard about that?

And what's that about Janet's death "playing a major role in Secret Invasion"? Bendis just sacrificed her for the final big boom... poor Jan

Spectacular Member

I think it's Jen. She's been seen with Carol a lot recently

Amazing Member

Marvel is running out of creativity.

hasn't Bendis already killed Hawkeye like 3 times already?
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 04-23-2016 at 12:57 PM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I really hope it isn't She Hulk, which I why I imagine it almost certainly will be. No doubt she and Rhodes will know they're going to die via the Inhuman, and one will die in #3.

Wasn't Hawkeye killed off twice during Avengers Disassembled/House of M? Also Vision and Wasp have been killed or seemingly killed.

It'll be War Machine or She-Hulk, or both. I really, really don't want She-Hulk to die.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    Wasn't Hawkeye killed off twice during Avengers Disassembled/House of M? Also Vision and Wasp have been killed or seemingly killed.

It'll be War Machine or She-Hulk, or both. I really, really don't want She-Hulk to die.
    Hawkeye also died in Ultamite end. Lol, Bendis hates the guy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post

Of these 5, She Hulk does seem like the most likely...plus, she's one of the few significant characters that hasn't already died (that I can recall)...it's her turn...it's not like she won't be back before long anyway...whoever dies will be back within a couple years unless they're a really minor character most people don't know or care about like Bill Foster in the first Civil War (and even he'll probably come back eventually).

With FCBD's Civil War 0 having leaked online a couple of weeks ago, ummmmm... let's just say that the speculation is apparently 100%.