Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindTricked View Post
    With FCBD's Civil War 0 having leaked online a couple of weeks ago, ummmmm... let's just say that the speculation is apparently 100%.
    Keep in mind, the leak was of the FCBD issue and not Civil War 0. They are technically different. What that means, well, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Of these 5, She Hulk does seem like the most likely...plus, she's one of the few significant characters that hasn't already died (that I can recall)...it's her turn...it's not like she won't be back before long anyway...whoever dies will be back within a couple years unless they're a really minor character most people don't know or care about like Bill Foster in the first Civil War (and even he'll probably come back eventually).
    Its never her turn. I'm tired of excuse people come up "There turn" SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO BE. I'm tired of these lame excuse. Trust me she be like characters they won't bring back for years. Thats what to do to female characters. Peter parker less then two years. Wasp took almost decade and now being replaced. Comic readers do not want to see their characters die for no good reason. I'm sorry but there is no good reason to kill She-Hulk. NONE. Just to be some catylist to another dumb fight between? NO NO NO NO. Fans want to read her in A-Force and other books. We want to see her in MCU. Disconnect between fans and creators. WTF?
    To blast part of solicitations argument over jen. She and Cho are not that close. So that sort of misleading.
    Seriously how do the writers actually just skim over the fact marvel again needless killing off a character for DUMB or NO GOOD reason.
    Its suppose to be a major player that dies except Bendis and Marvel treated She-Hulk anything like it.
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 04-23-2016 at 03:02 PM.

Mild-mannered journalist

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I don't see Bendis killing off any of the other three, I even find it funny that the writer included them since I haven't seen any prior speculation that they might die anywhere in forums or articles.
    The process of how they were selected is pretty clear. Whether or not other people are making the same assumptions doesn't undercut the assumptions being made here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Its never her turn. I'm tired of excuse people come up "There turn" SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO BE. I'm tired of these lame excuse. Trust me she be like characters they won't bring back for years. Thats what to do to female characters. Peter parker less then two years. Wasp took almost decade and now being replaced. Comic readers do not want to see their characters die for no good reason. I'm sorry but there is no good reason to kill She-Hulk. NONE. Just to be some catylist to another dumb fight between? NO NO NO NO. Fans want to read her in A-Force and other books. We want to see her in MCU. Disconnect between fans and creators. WTF?
    To blast part of solicitations argument over jen. She and Cho are not that close. So that sort of misleading.
    Seriously how do the writers actually just skim over the fact marvel again needless killing off a character for DUMB or NO GOOD reason.
    Its suppose to be a major player that dies except Bendis and Marvel treated She-Hulk anything like it.
    EVERYONE is getting replaced...don't pretend it only happens to female characters...Peter Parker is Marvel's most popular character...OF COURSE he didn't stay gone long (never mind that his return was built into the premise for his "death" to begin with)...when Hawkeye died, he was gone nearly as long as Wasp...and Vision died at the same time as Hawkeye and was gone longer than both of them put together...don't make this about gender.

All that said, I agree that the pointless deaths to push the drama for these forced events are stupid and shouldn't happen...and I don't want to see ANY of those 5 characters die (well, I don't care too much about War Machine but I don't think he's a "major" character anyway)...I was just naming the most likely candidate from this list...and whether or not the character has died before factors into that decision...especially when 3 out of 5 of these characters have already been killed by this particular writer.

As for hints from solicitations, they're always misleading and definitely can't be trusted over multiple series (they may not even be referring to the same events or characters).

Totes gonna be D-Man.

Does the death of a hero really matter so much in these big events? I feel the same way whenever Joss Whedon makes motions about killing a character he writes off in film or TV - if you do it enough it ends up feeling a bit lazy, done for shock's sake. Especially here in comics where death is completely impermanent, I'm like... kill 5 people off, the stakes still aren't so high.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

My money is still on Jen, unfortunately. And that's less to do with all the rumours and speculation in this article and more about the cover and solicit to Hellcat #8.

At an absolute push, I guess it could be talking about their friendship if both women now find themselves on opposing sides of the 'war', but the language used in the solicit doesn't really feel like it's applying to that. It's basically got death-of-a-friend written all over it.

Does it really matter? Hawkeye, Vision, Wasp, and others were all killed off to add gravitas to a big event, and they all came back. Whichever major character bites the dust here will be back sooner than later. Even Jack of Hearts and Namorita came back. Still waiting on Goliath and Night Thrasher, but give it time...

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ERON View Post
    Does it really matter? Hawkeye, Vision, Wasp, and others were all killed off to add gravitas to a big event, and they all came back. Whichever major character bites the dust here will be back sooner than later. Even Jack of Hearts and Namorita came back. Still waiting on Goliath and Night Thrasher, but give it time...
    Night Thrasher is back in Ewing's Contest of Champions, just like Ares.
    Everything Lives!

Yeah Jen and Rhodes are gone. With War Machine his death would be kind of perfect as his relationships with Captain Marvel and Iron Man are both already well established and would provide lots of the kinds of drama they're hoping to mine.

I really don't want him to die, but the writings on the wall and hopefully in the months he's off the table someone will develop a new bigger role for him on his return.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    If I have to choose one, just War Machine, the rest should live but with Bendis and his trend to kill off characters, not sure (He did it in its moment with all of these characters except She-Hulk).
    So Black Goliath goes down in the first Civil War and War Machine in the second. It just doesn't smell right.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cage32 View Post
    So Black Goliath goes down in the first Civil War and War Machine in the second. It just doesn't smell right.
    I would hate that they suddenly kill off She-Hulk, I loved her more than War Machine, only I liked Rhodey when he was Iron Man in the moment of the alcoholism of Tony Stark.

But also, you will be right, killing Rhodey in this Civil War would give to us bad memories when Black Goliath was killed and a bad trend that the black guy have to die.

Spectacular Member parker stark's Avatar

I've been a fan of Rhodey ever since he filled in for a boozing Stark. Lately it seems writers don't know what to do with him, so it probably will be him & that sucks.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I expect She Hulk to be very badly injured, maybe even in a way that changes her status quo.

However, I expect it to be War Machine that actually dies. That would hit close to both of the main characters in the story more. It would also possibly mirror those scenes in the trailer for Civil War, the movie....

Granted, it could be both of them, just at different times in the story
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Squirrel Girl would be the biggest emotional belly punch imo. Man, they wouldn't.... Would they?
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Quote Originally Posted by parker stark View Post
    I've been a fan of Rhodey ever since he filled in for a boozing Stark. Lately it seems writers don't know what to do with him, so it probably will be him & that sucks.
    I know it will NEVER happen but *future spoiler for when I write Iron Man* but I've always thought it made sense for Rhodes to be the Iron Man while Tony just stays Tony. I think that's one mantle change that should've stuck.