Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default i feel like batman is the one comic book character where comic book logic goes out the window

Just the fact that arkham asylum has not been shut down like a dozen times already is hard to believe and what's even harder to believe is that people still live in gotham city the place with more wars and psychotic murderers than the middle east

Extraordinary Member

The same can be said about any city where a superhero decides to reside, though. I mean, Metropolis seems to be a magnet for alien invasions and such. And NYC just seems to be one giant battlefield over at Marvel. The thing is, these tropes are kind of necessary if you want anything exciting to happen and any sort of consistency.

And besides, they already did the whole city shut down story in Gotham. It was called No Man's Land.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    The same can be said about any city where a superhero decides to reside, though. I mean, Metropolis seems to be a magnet for alien invasions and such. And NYC just seems to be one giant battlefield over at Marvel. The thing is, these tropes are kind of necessary if you want anything exciting to happen and any sort of consistency.

And besides, they already did the whole city shut down story in Gotham. It was called No Man's Land.
    at least people can live happily in metropolis unlike gotham where you are likely to get killed just for getting the mail

What's the excuse for ANYONE living in the New York City of the Marvel universe? Nearly everything superhero related happens there.

BANNED

Ant-Man has helped spread out the map a little bit by moving to Miami. I hope he stays there as it's a very nice change of scenery. As for Gotham, maybe people are there for the tax breaks.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    at least people can live happily in metropolis unlike gotham where you are likely to get killed just for getting the mail
    Not only do people die in Metropolis regularly, there's a superhumanly-strong alien with x-ray eyes constantly surveilling the city. And, Toyman.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Not only do people die in Metropolis regularly, there's a superhumanly-strong alien with x-ray eyes constantly surveilling the city. And, Toyman.
    is toyman like superman's joker now or something? and i wouldn't worry too much about superman unless you just happen to be Lex Luthor and think he's some kind of flying communist

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

is toyman like superman's joker now or something? and i wouldn't worry too much about superman unless you just happen to be Lex Luthor and think he's some kind of flying communist
    Toyman's just easier for the average person to worry about than Mxy or Vyndy. Doomsday. Or, heck, that the most powerful businessman in the city and almost the world is a murdery, rapey, assassin-hiring, conquery supervillain in his own right if you believe the rumors.

And, it's not Superman's communism that would worry me, or, I assume, the average person. We don't put doors up or window blinds because of communism.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

And yet, if somebody fires a missle or five at Superman and accidently hits a skyscraper instead, . . .

Spectacular Member

Just the fact that arkham asylum has not been shut down like a dozen times already is hard to believe and what's even harder to believe is that people still live in gotham city the place with more wars and psychotic murderers than the middle east
    I feel like there's a very easy explanation for why people still live in Gotham. It's no different than any other city with a high rate of crime. A lot of people can't see past their nose. Even if something bad happens to someone else a few blocks away, they'll never acknowledge it.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

According to the threads logic why would Batman wear a cape (military/SWAT body armor seems more healthy) or even call himself Batman. The Joker would have died from his bleaching, Two-Face from his acid baptism. Some people...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    According to the threads logic why would Batman wear a cape (military/SWAT body armor seems more healthy) or even call himself Batman. The Joker would have died from his bleaching, Two-Face from his acid baptism. Some people...
    1.The Cape allows batman to glide across gotham and he already has body armor on his costume
    2.comes from his fear of bats

I'm not trying to be nitpicky but suspension of disbelief can only work for so long before it stops working when you are talking about gotham city

the place that time and time again goes full on derp mode for the dumbest crap

It's comics, this is a non-issue.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

Why do people still live in Baltimore Maryland in real life?
    Apart from Aliens and Robots, its just as dangerous as Gotham if not worse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It's comics, this is a non-issue.
    it's a issue when the other dc cities aren't known for possibly being haunted or controlled by demonic forces and nobody ever thinks about that except maybe once in a blood moon

the place is severely messed up even by comic book standards