Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    it's a issue when the other dc cities aren't known for possibly being haunted or controlled by demonic forces and nobody ever thinks about that except maybe once in a blood moon

the place is severely messed up even by comic book standards
    Only an issue if you dont like the comics. There is so much scarier things in that world then most of batman enemies. Invasions from other dimensions etc. This really is not an issue for most people

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

It's not like there aren't worse places in comics.

Hells. Space prisons. Madripoor. Camp Crystal Lake. Mega-City One. Wherever people in Nishioka BroSis comics live.

The DC Earth has been possessed almost totally by Darkseid. If you've been a limb of Darkseid, had your best friend revealed as a Manhunter robot, sat in your apartment alone while the sun seemed to go away forever, and there's a verified swamp monster seen shambling through your neighborhood one time... Gotham City psychos probably don't seem like the thing to most fear.
    Last edited by t hedge coke; 04-24-2016 at 02:06 AM.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Fantastic Member

I thing it has been long established that if you are Living in Gotham by choice then you deserve whatever happens to you most people I think don't have a choice bcoz of financial
    reasons or whatever but I don't think anywon would want to live in Gotham by choice if he's not benefiting from it in someway

I wonder, really, if Batman and crew clearing out most of the street crime actually balances out a lot of how dangerous a city withe Joker in it could be. There aren't really as many just straight up muggers or bank robbers any more, in Gotham. It's just fifteen really really bad people and their occasional thugs, the pool of whom they apparently share.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

People live in Gotham because Batman works better as an urban character, he doesn't roam the earth on a bike fighting crime or travels to other dimensions/planets (oh, wait). It's like asking why are there still people working on the Deathstar or for The Hand or voting for Trump. Batman is in need of Redshirts. Otherwise... where's your story? A change of pace is cool but it will always go back to Gotham.

If New York hasn't been abandoned after being annihilated hundreds of times over by all the events that've transpired there on a regular basis, then I think Gothan can get a free pass.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Toyman's just easier for the average person to worry about than Mxy or Vyndy. Doomsday. Or, heck, that the most powerful businessman in the city and almost the world is a murdery, rapey, assassin-hiring, conquery supervillain in his own right if you believe the rumors.

And, it's not Superman's communism that would worry me, or, I assume, the average person. We don't put doors up or window blinds because of communism.
    Um, When has Luthor raped anyone?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    It's not like there aren't worse places in comics.

Hells. Space prisons. Madripoor. Camp Crystal Lake. Mega-City One. Wherever people in Nishioka BroSis comics live.

The DC Earth has been possessed almost totally by Darkseid. If you've been a limb of Darkseid, had your best friend revealed as a Manhunter robot, sat in your apartment alone while the sun seemed to go away forever, and there's a verified swamp monster seen shambling through your neighborhood one time... Gotham City psychos probably don't seem like the thing to most fear.
    yeah that is until you get eaten by the talking crocodile monster in gotham city....you talk like gotham city's problem is just a bunch of crazy people with guns

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Um, When has Luthor raped anyone?
    I'm talking rumors, which there are sure to be, however, we have seen Luthor pressure-solicit women in precarious situations into sex, whether committed to or not, as well as talking women into sex under false pretenses, aaaaaand he "shamed" a woman in a changing room, who he felt had emasculated him, in some way that left him feeling more manly and her a wreck who needed to escape quickly. Then, iirc, he had her killed.

I'd imagine these, alone, are enough to generate rumors. Tabloid fodder. Gawker articles with question mark headlines.

yeah that is until you get eaten by the talking crocodile monster in gotham city....you talk like gotham city's problem is just a bunch of crazy people with guns
    There are people and crocodiles who eat people in our world. Again, it's one guy there, vs... all those Manhunter robots or the sun going away. Being Darkseid for a few months? Can you imagine what being part of Darkseid was like for nearly everyone on the planet? Shame, degradation, slave labor, sexual assaults, humiliations, brutal violence, starvation and loneliness all in the name of Darkseid? Horrible, cruel thoughts whispering in your brain nonstop, your limbs no longer your own, knowing you're unworthy of anything else, but also unworthy of this? For months.

The things I never understood about Batman was how Commissioner Gordon allows Batman to have underage sidekicks (child endangerment) and why Batman never uses other weapons in his fight against crime, even though he could get access to them (Green Lantern rings, Justice League assistance).

For a guy so consumed with his war on crime and forever ridding Gotham of crime, I would think he would try to use every avenue possible to make that happen, instead of solely relying on his own weapons and his own abilities and the abilities/weapons of his Bat-family. Everything he has ever done seems to have not made Gotham City any safer at all. So shouldn't he consider using other tactics?

Now to the readers, I know Batman permanently changing his tactics would take away from who Batman really is as a character, but in-universe, you would think Batman would realize at some point that things in Gotham have not really changed for the better, even with his constant war on crime.

Also, does Batman ONLY come out at night? Because does that mean that the Gotham P.D. is able to stop crime only during the day but are completely reliant on Batman whenever night crimes happen?

Or, if Batman also comes out during the day as well as night, when does he find the time to get a decent amount of sleep to be effective all of the time?
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 04-24-2016 at 04:35 PM.

BANNED

i think it's stupid to compare over the top madness like Darksied waging war on the planet to what gotham city deals with everyday...everyday!

how often are you gonna deal with manhunter robots outside your house and Darksied in general?

Gotham City has to deal with over the top madness everyday! it's not some big blockbuster event that results in their misery but a common daily trend

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    The things I never understood about Batman was how Commissioner Gordon allows Batman to have underage sidekicks (child endangerment)
    In the revisions that occurred in the New52, I think Batman's sidekicks have been more like late-teens other than his son Damian. (Plus I don't know how well known it is that Damian is his current sidekick / is so young). Dick was closer to probably sixteen when his parents died, and there's only been a period of maybe +/-five years since Batman took on his first Robin.

i think it's stupid to compare over the top madness like Darksied waging war on the planet to what gotham city deals with everyday...everyday!

how often are you gonna deal with manhunter robots outside your house and Darksied in general?

Gotham City has to deal with over the top madness everyday! it's not some big blockbuster event that results in their misery but a common daily trend
    I don't think there was any over-the-top madness in Gotham City last Tuesday.

Spectacular Member swing kinker's Avatar

it's a issue when the other dc cities aren't known for possibly being haunted or controlled by demonic forces and nobody ever thinks about that except maybe once in a blood moon

Some people can't afford to be picky about where they live. Why do people live in the most desolate parts of Ethiopia?

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

You're joking, right? Or do you just not like Batman? How about having Avengers Tower right in the middle of a city with a bullseye on it
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 04-24-2016 at 04:58 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    You're joking, right? Or do you just not like Batman? How about having Avengers Tower right in the middle of a city with a bullseye on it
    is avengers tower even a thing in the comics anymore? i remember tony stark sold it at the beginning of ANAD Avengers