Spectacular Member

Default Gerry Conway's Daredevil Run

Hey all! Big Batman and Spider-Man fan here, but also very much interested in Daredevil. I've read the Miller run, 2nd half of Waid's run, and am currently in love with the current Charles Soule run. I plan on picking up Bendis and Brubaker runs at some point too. With that being said, I was just curious to know whether Conway's Daredevil run is worth checking out. I wanted to delve a little into the classic, earlier Daredevil years, see him battle some of his earlier villains, and catch up on his flings with Karen Page and Black Widow. I've heard Stan Lee's stuff kind of blows, so I'll probably skip over that. I know Conway has written some big name characters over the years but I haven't heard much about this particular run. Anybody liked it? Hated it? The Daredevil Masterworks aren't as crazy expensive as they are for some of the other characters, so I could always grab a few if that's the case.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

The Gene Colan run is the unsung Daredevil run. Conway had a hand in some of that.

Go for the Colan.

(But, then, I think the Lee Daredevil is hilarious and fun, most of the time, so different strokes for different, etc. How can someone not love Matt making up a brother who can see and then kill him off to help snow his friends as to his superhero identity?)
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)