Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Question: When did odinson find out Jane was Thor? Was it a good issue? Deep and meaningful? What issue was it? Any good panels?

Thanks in advance.

I forget the issue, but I thought it was very well done

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Question: When did odinson find out Jane was Thor? Was it a good issue? Deep and meaningful? What issue was it? Any good panels?

Thanks in advance.

BANNED

Astonishing Member

Thanks for those

Love the art here

Big fan of the dogs interjections

Some excellent interplay in this issue as I recall

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Tying any perceived group all to the same brush is rarely accurate

but I do agree, jane as a character is not a "mary sue"

there are plenty of negative and positive people in all parts of fandom
    People know that I'm not referring to all classic fans, but the behavior displayed is mostly seen by classic fans. Hence the statement.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    People know that I'm not referring to all classic fans, but the behavior displayed is mostly seen by classic fans. Hence the statement.
    That's fair enough, I get a bit defensive on that issue because I've been reading for about 35 years but new characters and changes are not an issue fir me

Apologies if that felt like a dig

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post

Great moment. One that really shows Jane's spirit and just how much she's suffering. That has been a big part of what has made her journey so remarkable. She tries to be the Thor that the universe needs, but she does it while a disease is slowly killing her. It's the kind of story that carries so much weight and while I'll be sad to see it end, I'll still celebrate it for the impact it has left.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Is the essential trade list in the first post up to date? And will there be more trades released covering this entire run?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hooah View Post
    Is the essential trade list in the first post up to date? And will there be more trades released covering this entire run?
    It is.

I've also added the last collection that is available for pre-order and will be out in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    It is.

I've also added the last collection that is available for pre-order and will be out in June.
    Ah thanks!

And again I'm confused by the way comics are published....The Mighty Thor Vol. 4 The War Thor collects Mighty thor 20-23, Mighty Thor Vol. 5 collects 700-706 HUH?!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Great moment. One that really shows Jane's spirit and just how much she's suffering. That has been a big part of what has made her journey so remarkable. She tries to be the Thor that the universe needs, but she does it while a disease is slowly killing her. It's the kind of story that carries so much weight and while I'll be sad to see it end, I'll still celebrate it for the impact it has left.
    I agree very much here

this typifies what I love about janes journey with the hammer

Can I start reading from Mighty Thor vol 1 or do I need to start at Thor Vol. 1: The Goddess of Thunder?

Can I start reading from Mighty Thor vol 1 or do I need to start at Thor Vol. 1: The Goddess of Thunder?
    I would strongly recommend starting with Thor God of Thunder for context because thematically they are linked stories. But If you just want Jane as Thor I would consider Thor v1 the beginning of her story and the shift to Mighty Thor mostly a continuation. The real reason for the new volume was Secret Wars intervening and most books starting fresh at that point.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 02-25-2018 at 08:13 AM.

Alright, I'll follow the trade list in the opening post in that case How up to date are the trade paperbacks, the volume 5 that is coming out in June will that lead up to the current comics? And the deal with the shift from issues 20-somethings to 700+ is another crazy Marvel thing I'll never understand right?

Alright, I'll follow the trade list in the opening post in that case How up to date are the trade paperbacks, the volume 5 that is coming out in June will that lead up to the current comics? And the deal with the shift from issues 20-somethings to 700+ is another crazy Marvel thing I'll never understand right?
    The June trade will contain the current comics and the next couple that have yet to be published. So yes, very up to date.

The shift to #700 is best ignored. Thor will probably revert to a new #1 soon. It is just a numbering that supposedly took into account all Thor comics over the history of Marvel. Even without the Marvel Legacy initiative that is responsible for this, Mighty Thor would probably have had a #700 on the cover for marketing reasons. The Legacy numbers now look like they are being abandoned, possibly as an idea that didn’t work across the line as Marvel hoped.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 02-25-2018 at 09:54 AM.