Page 1 of 62 123451151 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default The Mighty Thor Appreciation

This thread is dedicated to the current Thor, Jane Foster.

The guidelines for posting here are as follows:

1) No bashing Thor, duh
    2) In this thread, refer to her as either Thor or Jane. She's known as Thor in the comics, and she will be treated as such.
    3) This is an appreciation thread specifically for Jane's time as Thor, don't mistake it for an overall Jane Foster appreciation thread.
    4) No mentions of waiting for Odinson's return, how you prefer someone else as Thor, etc. Those posts can go elsewhere.
    5) No insulting Odinson. Talk of how you prefer Jane is fine, but no insults.
    6) No anti-diversity statements of any kind, please.

I made this thread specifically for Jane Foster as Thor, since bringing her up in the other Thor appreciation thread always led to some negative responses, which don't belong in an appreciation thread. If you're a fan of Thor, and want to talk about her without having to come across responses about how she's poorly written, forced, a disgrace, etc, then this is the place for you.

As listed among the guidelines, this thread is for Jane's time as Thor, and what led to it. Appreciation for Jane Foster prior to Jason Aaron writing her in Thor: God of Thunder, does not belong here. It's more of a preference than a rule, but I'd appreciate it.

Essential Reading - Ongoing

The Mighty Thor

Essential Reading - Trades

Thor Vol. 1: The Goddess of Thunder
    Thor Vol. 2: Who Holds the Hammer?
    Mighty Thor Vol. 1: Thunder in her Veins
    Mighty Thor Vol. 2: Lords of Midgard
    Mighty Thor Vol. 3: The Asgard/Shi'ar War
    Mighty Thor Vol. 4: The War Thor
    Mighty Thor Vol. 5: The Death Of The Mighty Thor

Secondary Reading

Thors
    All-New, All-Different Avengers
    Avengers

Other Appearances

Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 02-25-2018 at 07:02 AM.

BANNED

If you're a fan of Thor, and read what's said about her online in comic communities you might be led to believe that she isn't that popular, but don't be fooled by the negativity that surrounds the character in comic communities.

Thor is extremely popular.

Thor #1 is the highest selling Thor comic since J. Michael Straczynski's Thor #1 from 2007. When accounting for digital sales, it is possibly the best selling Thor comic ever.

The Mighty Thor is one of Marvel's best selling titles, both digitally and in print. Digitally, it frequently ranks among the top 3 comics of the week, known to outsell other digital hits such as Ms. Marvel, and Invincible.

The highest rated issues of Mighty Thor on Comixology, are those that focus on Thor, with them receiving five out of five stars. The lowest rated issues, #2 and #6 have focused on Loki and Odinson respectively.

Us Thor fans might not be as loud as her detractors, but we're out there.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 04-23-2016 at 11:54 PM.

i said this in the other thread but i've been reading Thor comics for over twenty years and i really dig this version. i love that Aaron has been playing with different aspects of the mythos since he took over. i'm curious if they are gonna continue the Sam/Thor romance we've seen in ANAD Avengers.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

I love Thor's design, especially the helmet! I just love helmet designs with lenses instead of eye-holes, they look so cool!
    Everything Lives!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    I love Thor's design, especially the helmet! I just love helmet designs with lenses instead of eye-holes, they look so cool!
    I love her design too. It's one of my favorites.

It could do without the boobplate armor, but Russell Dauterman manages to make it look way better than it should.

At first I thought the helmet looked odd, but it's really grown on me. Some artists forget that it has lenses though, and draw it with eyeholes.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 04-24-2016 at 05:55 PM.

BANNED

Noelle Stevenson and Marguerite Sauvage did a wonderful story for the God of Thunder annual, that highlighted the differences between Thor and Odinson.

BANNED

Dual wielding Mjolnir in All-New, All Different Avengers, and Ultron Forever.

Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 10-23-2017 at 04:31 PM.

BANNED

Okay, dual Mjolnirs... that was pretty awesome.

BANNED

so i havn't been following this new thor

what exactly is Odinson up to...does he still retain any powers that he previously had?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    so i havn't been following this new thor

what exactly is Odinson up to...does he still retain any powers that he previously had?
    He still has at least some of his powers, and he last appeared in Mighty Thor #5, held captive.

The other Thor thread can fill you in on what Odinson's been doing since Original Sin.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

I have really enjoyed reading Jane as Thor. She portrays the power and responsibility in a different way that is refreshing and fun. I enjoyed reading her thoughts and then hearing her words and seeing how different things would come out. It's a dual persona -type within one mind. I've been thoroughly enjoying her adventures in her own series and in ANAD Avengers. I hope she stays in the MU wielding a hammer for quite some time.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

So you guys feel that the fight with Odin could be considered PIS?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    So you guys feel that the fight with Odin could be considered PIS?
    I don't like the concept of "PIS" in the first place, so it's a no from me.

One thing I would say to people that do care power levels, is to not say Thor shouldn't have done as well as she did because of how fights between Odinson and Odin have gone in the past. There's obviously some things going on with Thor related to her power, like Mjolnir doing things it never did when Odinson wielded it.

This is not saying Thor has displayed power comparable to Odin's best, but that the fight shouldn't be dismissed on the basis that Odinson performed differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    I don't like the concept of "PIS" in the first place, so it's a no from me.

One thing I would say to people that do care power levels, is to not say Thor shouldn't have done as well as she did because of how fights between Odinson and Odin have gone in the past. There's obviously some things going on with Thor related to her power, like Mjolnir doing things it never did when Odinson wielded it.

This is not saying Thor has displayed power comparable to Odin's best, but that the fight shouldn't be dismissed on the basis that Odinson performed differently.
    I also don't feel that it is PIS. People don't consider Odinson's feat to be PIS from Fear Itself but they would do it for Thor. I do believe it's due to people not liking her, dubbing her a "feminazi" and "Whor."

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    Dual wielding Mjolnir in All-New, All Different Avengers, and Ultron Forever.

These two scenes are great! I loved the ANAD Avengers issues and artwork.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin