Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Who are Marvel's Big 3 Villains?

it's hard enough to identify the Big 3 heroes (this isn't DC, afterall). but who are the 3 that best represent Marvel? there's not really a right or wrong answer.

my picks:

Thanos - Loki - Doom

OR

Loki - Magneto - Doom

I get a feeling Red Skull should be in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    I get a feeling Red Skull should be in there somewhere.
    he certainly used to be. but Hydra-Cap handed him a pretty embarrassing defeat. even Crossbones and Sin turned on him.

I think Thanos and Doom should probably be up there, and I'd probably put Magneto because he's the biggest X-Men villain.

If not Magneto, then someone representing Spider-Man like Green Goblin or Doctor Octopus.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Thanos and Doom should probably be up there, and I'd probably put Magneto because he's the biggest X-Men villain.

If not Magneto, then someone representing Spider-Man like Green Goblin or Doctor Octopus.
    if there were a 4 and 5 spot, that's where I'd put Norman and maybe Ock. he branched out during Dark Reign. and he's still inflicting permanent damage to Peter's world. Doc Ock has definitely stepped up as well. Thanos is only included because of the movie's success. Doom's on there mainly because of nostalgia. but hasn't seem the surge in popularity that Loki has. Magneto has succeeded as a live-action and comic book character. he's the most consistent of the X-villains.

when i was young the main 3 villains i looked forward to were:
    dr. doom
    kang
    green goblin

now days, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    when i was young the main 3 villains i looked forward to were:
    dr. doom
    kang
    green goblin

now days, who knows?
    Kang’s definitely been overused.

Doom - Thanos - Galactus

I don't count Magneto nor Loki since they bounce around between being Villainous and Antiheroic too much.
    I mean Doom being Iron Man certainly ruins my entire point but if I am not mistaken Loki and Magneto jumped around much more than good old Vic.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Kang’s definitely been overused.
    not in 1972

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it's hard enough to identify the Big 3 heroes (this isn't DC, afterall). but who are the 3 that best represent Marvel? there's not really a right or wrong answer.

my picks:

Thanos - Loki - Doom

OR

Loki - Magneto - Doom
    I would have gone with your first choice, except Loki is not really a villain any more.

Doom, Thanos, Red Skull
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he certainly used to be. but Hydra-Cap handed him a pretty embarrassing defeat. even Crossbones and Sin turned on him.
    How many times has Reed handed Doom his ass?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I don't think Loki should be on the list at all. Despite recent popularity he has never been a threat on the level that would make him a "Big" Villain for the MU.

I think the list would go like this:

1. Dr. Doom
    2. Thanos
    3. Ultron
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-11-2018 at 08:05 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I don't think Loki should be on the list at all. Despite recent popularity he has never been a threat on the level that would make him a "Big" Villain for the MU.
    it's up to you. make your case. but Loki is undoubtedly a popular character. and his influence is indisputable. his actions led to the formation of two or 3 Avengers teams, Siege, and Acts of Vengeance. it's the combination of his prolificness and status as a catalyst why I would, personally, include him. he was also sorcerer supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    How many times has Reed handed Doom his ass?
    well he's allowed to. he's the guy's archnemesis. it's more about how many times Doom has done something that absolutely had to be shut down by a team of heroes. he's fresh off of eating a galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I would have gone with your first choice, except Loki is not really a villain any more.
    neither is Doom. I was taking their full discography into account.