Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    So you guys feel that the fight with Odin could be considered PIS?
    Sorry, but what is PIS? Never hears the term before and english isn't even my main language.
    Everything Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    Sorry, but what is PIS? Never hears the term before and english isn't even my main language.
    It is short for "plot induced stupidity." Basically when people use their personal view of the plot to decide if they want to count a feat of a character or not/

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

I love her outfit, helmet, bracer and all. The cape i could do with or without, but it's a great design overall.

The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

BANNED

Thor made an appearance in The Unbelievable Gwenpool #2

Eh I'm still calling her Publicity Stunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio1989 View Post
    Eh I'm still calling her Publicity Stunt.
    Could you please edit your post?

This is an appreciation thread, specifically to keep away from that kind of negativity. You can call her whatever you want in every other thread on the forum.

BANNED

Thor convinces the Thor Corps (most of them anyway) to revolt against Doom during Secret Wars.

One thing I really like about this Thor is how it has brought back the old Don Blake/Thor dynamic where Thor shifts back to a considerably weaker mortal form.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    One thing I really like about this Thor is how it has brought back the old Don Blake/Thor dynamic where Thor shifts back to a considerably weaker mortal form.
    That's one of the things that had me convinced Jane was Thor early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    Could you please edit your post?

This is an appreciation thread, specifically to keep away from that kind of negativity. You can call her whatever you want in every other thread on the forum.
    Hmm, no. I will call her publicity stunt now until the end of her tenure.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

If you don't care for the character, that's okay, but why visit forums, blogs and sites of things/characters you dislike. Put your passion and enjoyment into the characters you do enjoy.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

BANNED

And you can do that in every thread on the forum, except for this appreciation thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    I love her outfit, helmet, bracer and all. The cape i could do with or without, but it's a great design overall.

Such a fabulous design. Cool and sexy without being sexualised. Strong, powerful and martial without reducing femininity. Wings on helmets are so old fashioned but when done well suddenly they look fresh. Basically Russell Dauterman is a genius at character design. Note, how her magical helm has opening and closing eyes to better show her mood. How the cape billows constantly with crazy and stylised contortions as if set in motion by otherworldly weather, but still remains balanced and convincing. How her hand so casually grips the Mjolnir as if it is in total control. How her multipart skirt defines a feminine figure without over revealing her curves. How overall she looks like Thor without being a simply feminised version of the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    I don't like the concept of "PIS" in the first place, so it's a no from me.

One thing I would say to people that do care power levels, is to not say Thor shouldn't have done as well as she did because of how fights between Odinson and Odin have gone in the past. There's obviously some things going on with Thor related to her power, like Mjolnir doing things it never did when Odinson wielded it.

This is not saying Thor has displayed power comparable to Odin's best, but that the fight shouldn't be dismissed on the basis that Odinson performed differently.
    I like Jane wielding Mjolnir but the problem with that is. The oath says those who are worthy to wield Mljonir will have the power of Thor. How Mljonir operates or her fighting ability is skill not power. Furthermore her getting beaten up by the Destroyer or having problems with a few Ice Giants. Or seemingly pretty much stalemating Odinson makes me question how she's able to go blow for blow with Odin who should logically be above all the people listed several times over.

My guess is Odin is possibly weakened or it's PIS. Cause she's not consistently being writen as a Skyfather/mother tiered character in fact that's her only showing against a Skyfather.

BANNED

I want to see Jane appear in Last Days of Magic I think it would make sense given the origin of her abilities.