Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

My forte is more images so will add some of those to appreciate Thor Odinson.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No Jane in that issue. I assume the FCBD issue will explain that.
    Yes.......The FCBD Issue revealed what occurred and more with the various heroes vs. HydraCap and his group.

BANNED

Not even the Phoenix Force can get Jane to back down.

BANNED

I'm already hyped to see Thor take on Mangog.

Astonishing Member

So I'm confused about the ending. So it looks like Jane is passing the mantle of thor to the shield lady. I guess this fulfill the idea of Jane dying while Thor still living on. But wouldn't shield lady need to be proven as worthy first before taking the title?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    So I'm confused about the ending. So it looks like Jane is passing the mantle of thor to the shield lady. I guess this fulfill the idea of Jane dying while Thor still living on. But wouldn't shield lady need to be proven as worthy first before taking the title?
    Who knows what being worthy means anymore? Freyja messed with the enchantment somehow so maybe the "worthiness" isn't quite so strict as before.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I read it as her only passing on the position as Migard's Ambasador to Roz, not the mantle of Thor.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    I read it as her only passing on the position as Migard's Ambasador to Roz, not the mantle of Thor.
    Yes that is correct.

What I found interesting was the direct comparison with fire and chemotherapy, when the chemotherapy analogies have so far remained in the subtext
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-18-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post

yeah, looking forward to that. and the whole War Thor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    that was my take on it as well.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Same here. I want to see if this is the unstoppable Mangog that was introduced in the SA, or the weak one from Jurgens' run. Hopefully, it's the former.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Same here. I want to see if this is the unstoppable Mangog that was introduced in the SA, or the weak one from Jurgens' run. Hopefully, it's the former.
    I would think the former.

The way Aaron's been hyping up Mangog, I don't think he'll write him as the type from the Jurgens run took orders from Thanos and called him master.

Clearly this is the Mangog that is at full power, who was originally used as a dramatic foil for Thor. The idea being Thor empowered by belief is matched by Mangog empowered by the hatred and vengeance of the billions of dead from his race. He's a Kirby staple. He loved inventing characters that can be considered gods and yet have a science fiction root. Indeed the heavy inked style in that full page splash is reminiscent of Kirby.

The interesting thing will be what empowers Mangog now. He has presumably become a symbol of the destruction of the gods themselves, but how and why?
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-18-2017 at 11:23 PM.

BANNED

I have a feeling Jane is going to die ending the threat of Mangog, however she ends up doing it.

"Nothing that lives, nothing that breathes, can hope to stay its wrath. They are right."

I have a feeling Jane is going to die ending the threat of Mangog, however she ends up doing it.

"Nothing that lives, nothing that breathes, can hope to stay its wrath. They are right."
    Well if the last issue and her vision of Vallhalla has anything to do with it she is definitely going to die soon. Most likely by fire. I have been too busy to create a proper discussion thread but this issue seems to be setting up the Queen of Cinders next month.

My best guess, Mangog is for Odinson to fight, it will help him remember people believe in him for a reason and that not all gods are unworthy of that faith.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-19-2017 at 12:30 AM.

Speaking of that Mangog splash, anyone know why Dauterman didn't do the whole issue as solicited?