Page 27 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Interesting use of Mjolnir, having it check if a building is empty.

BANNED

A glimpse of Aaron's writing desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Interesting use of Mjolnir, having it check if a building is empty.
    I doubt it was a coincidental choice on Aaron's part that its actions nearly killed her.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-20-2017 at 01:25 AM.

BANNED

Marvel’s Kevin Feige: Female Thor Has ‘Great Potential’
    http://www.cbr.com/marvel-female-thor-in-movies/

A glimpse of Aaron's writing desk.

Why has she got Odinson's axe, Jarnbjorn?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why has she got Odinson's axe, Jarnbjorn?
    The people that designed the figurine probably just thought it would look cool if she had both Jarnbjorn and Mjolnir.

The people that designed the figurine probably just thought it would look cool if she had both Jarnbjorn and Mjolnir.
    The pose here does suggest the caption "Has anyone lost an ax?"

The Ax is a optional thing. From memory there are interchangeable arms.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I doubt it was a coincidental choice on Aaron's part that its actions nearly killed her.
    Being Thor is killing her, but now the very thing that's shortening her life is something she needs in order to survive. So yeah, not coincidental at all. It's basically Jane's relationship with Mjolnir in a nutshell.

I don't buy into the theory that the God Tempest is sinister though.

Being Thor is killing her, but now the very thing that's shortening her life is something she needs in order to survive. So yeah, not coincidental at all. It's basically Jane's relationship with Mjolnir in a nutshell.

I don't buy into the theory that the God Tempest is sinister though.
    We will see. Personally I think any deity worshipped by Frost Giants has to be looked at with some concern.

BANNED

We will see. Personally I think any deity worshipped by Frost Giants has to be looked at with some concern.
    I think at some point in time the God Tempest was sinister. Not that it was evil, but it was vengeful and judgmental.

While it was trapped in Mjolnir, it wasn't active or awake in the same way it is now, but it was aware of what was going on around it. With Odinson wielding it heroically, the God Tempest underwent its own character growth, becoming more benevolent, learning through what it saw throughout Odinson's journeys, and Odinson only coming to wield Mjolnir after proving himself worthy to it, in contrast to Odin who throughout Aaron's Thor work has been showing trying to wield Mjolnir through domination. Now we have Jane and Mjolnir acting as partners, where not only is Jane able to wield the hammer but she is able to access the God Tempest by asking for it to help.

It plays into the feminist undercurrent of Jane's run as Thor.

Yeah, Jane has unlocked new powers in Mjolnir that Odinson never knew about. It was actually quite clever that she was able to use one of those powers - shapeshifting - to fool people who thought they'd found out her secret identity. Having Mjolnir pretend to be mortal Jane, and the hammer could even speak English in that form (I guess in it's default hammer form, it uses telepathy).

I think at some point in time the God Tempest was sinister. Not that it was evil, but it was vengeful and judgmental.

While it was trapped in Mjolnir, it wasn't active or awake in the same way it is now, but it was aware of what was going on around it. With Odinson wielding it heroically, the God Tempest underwent its own character growth, becoming more benevolent, learning through what it saw throughout Odinson's journeys, and Odinson only coming to wield Mjolnir after proving himself worthy to it, in contrast to Odin who throughout Aaron's Thor work has been showing trying to wield Mjolnir through domination. Now we have Jane and Mjolnir acting as partners, where not only is Jane able to wield the hammer but she is able to access the God Tempest by asking for it to help.

It plays into the feminist undercurrent of Jane's run as Thor.
    I believe that is viewing the actions of the storm very generously, considering it called to her, keeps prompting her to action, and may be subtly effecting a change in perception within Jane. It has become an important character in the story and it is natural to ask what it wants, and I am not so sure what it wants is in Jane's best interests.

BANNED

I believe that is viewing the actions of the storm very generously, considering it called to her, keeps prompting her to action, and may be subtly effecting a change in perception within Jane. It has become an important character in the story and it is natural to ask what it wants, and I am not so sure what it wants is in Jane's best interests.
    I think it means well, but that doesn't mean it will always pick the most sensible course of action.

Like with the She-Hulk fight in #700, Mjolnir almost got Thor killed but after the building had collapsed on top of her, Mjolnir was shown desperately searching for Thor.

Whatever the answer is, I expect we'll have it by the end of the current arc.

I think it means well, but that doesn't mean it will always pick the most sensible course of action.

Like with the She-Hulk fight in #700, Mjolnir almost got Thor killed but after the building had collapsed on top of her, Mjolnir was shown desperately searching for Thor.

Whatever the answer is, I expect we'll have it by the end of the current arc.
    We will probably get a few answers in this arc yes.

Astonishing Member

We will probably get a few answers in this arc yes.

I am hoping so

I have loved janes story