Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I like Jane wielding Mjolnir but the problem with that is. The oath says those who are worthy to wield Mljonir will have the power of Thor. How Mljonir operates or her fighting ability is skill not power. Furthermore her getting beaten up by the Destroyer or having problems with a few Ice Giants. Or seemingly pretty much stalemating Odinson makes me question how she's able to go blow for blow with Odin who should logically be above all the people listed several times over.

My guess is Odin is possibly weakened or it's PIS. Cause she's not consistently being writen as a Skyfather/mother tiered character in fact that's her only showing against a Skyfather.
    Well, she did have 16+ months to train with the hammer. Plus, her fights in Secret Wars. She IS getting stronger and stronger each time and her own experience. She seems to have the power but is lacking in the experience department, depending on the hammer. Though, her dependence on the weapon shortens each time she fights.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Well, she did have 16+ months to train with the hammer. Plus, her fights in Secret Wars. She IS getting stronger and stronger each time and her own experience. She seems to have the power but is lacking in the experience department, depending on the hammer. Though, her dependence on the weapon shortens each time she fights.
    Without a plot element to suggest why she would be more powerful then the original Thor it doesn't make sense for her to be trading blows with Odin. Either she has an additional power source or Odin is weaker then he's usually depicted. Because logically with how Odin is typically presented she really doesn't have the power to take him on, her power originates from Mljonir which in turn is the power of Thor how she wields Mljonir or her experience with Mljonir could be her own but in terms of power her Summoning lightning and thunder is because Thor is able to do that.

Given the recent Pleasant Hill storyline and Jane/Thor's fight scenes in that it goes back to how it's typically displayed and that's not Skyfather level.

Well, we have seen that Mjolnir affects her speech patterns, and has affected her personality making her much more impulsive and judgemental. So 'the power of Thor' isn't just physical, there have been mental changes as well.

But a lot of her big wins have actually been Mjolnir kinda... acting by itself. Like, the fight with Loki is a perfect example, she speaks directly to Mjolnir and tells it to 'end it' and... it does. She was flailing at illusions ineffectively up till that point, but then Mjolnir just zeroes in on the real him like nothing. The enchantment on Mjolnir has obviously grown beyond it's original intent, Odin and Freyja even comment on this when Odin is unable to lift the thing. It's not quite clear exactly how, but it does seem to have developed a sort of sentience which sort of merges with the wielder's personality.

BANNED

Yes, there's something going on with Mjolnir.

During the Odin fight she says she could swear she heard it laughing.

BANNED

The cover for The Mighty Thor #10

Looks like her secret identity is out, which could be interesting

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Yeah, this looks very interesting. How did SHIELD find out it's Jane? And will Roz be an ally?
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

I'm looking over the information plus this cover, Captain Marvel, Agents of SHIELD, and few others such as Iron Man and Ms Marvel based info it seems to me that maybe SHIELD is on Carol's side. I come to this thinking as possibly this is one of the reasons why Coulson quit SHIELD as he doesn't agree with Carol's actions/views but more importantly seeing SHIELD becoming or has become what it is vs his hopes to work with heroes (not lock them up for difference of option).
    Somehow (maybe that future vision person named her by his powers thus everybody will know her secret then) SHIELD knows and has become Carol's task force against the heroes on Iron Man's side such as Jane. In Captain Marvel info it indicated that Tony's side will be losing and he plus those heroes that sided with him are getting a huge hit personality and at home.

If I'm right and that is why Coulson left then it stands to reason that some others within SHIELD might also be conflicted or not be really on Carol's side and Roz could be one of them.

exactly who all knows the secret ID at this point? Does Odinson even know?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    exactly who all knows the secret ID at this point? Does Odinson even know?
    Sam Wilson, and Gwenpool know Jane is Thor.

Ultimate Thor figured out her identity shortly before his death.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 06-17-2016 at 06:25 AM.

BANNED

Thor Odinson showing repsect for Thor.

My pull for the day, The Mighty Thor, Totally Awesome Hulk 6 and Spider-Man/Deadpool 4. 2 out three have my Thor! Can't wait to read them all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    My pull for the day, The Mighty Thor, Totally Awesome Hulk 6 and Spider-Man/Deadpool 4. 2 out three have my Thor! Can't wait to read them all!!
    If only the latest Mighty Thor had Jane in it, I am starting to miss her. I am in two minds whether to open a discussion thread on the issue because just like last month this is a bit of a lull in the story, and mainly developing back story. I like the way the book weaves in other Marvel continuity but I would like this story to have been one issue and I wish it had used a more fitting artist.

Mighty Thor was a nice read that completed a tale of young Thor and the last few pages of Loki and Agger were a good primer for the next steps in the larger coming battle with Malaketh, but I missed seeing Jane these past two issues.

Totally Awesome Hulk 6 was a fun read and had a lot of Asgard and a tie in to the coming Malaketh battle! Thor (Jane) was shown as a very capable Thor and a good leader and wise fighter. Pak wrote her well and did great by her! While I didn't get her in the Mighty Thor, I felt as if I was reading her adventures here in the Hulk issue, so it was a good week for Thor!

Here's the variant cover to Hercules - Civil War II: Gods of War. I'm curious if she'll have a roll to play in the series since there isn't any Thor mini for this event.