Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162

Jason Aaron tweeted:

Tweets

Jason Aaron

Verified account

@jasonaaron
    1h1 hour ago
    More
    THOR #1 is in stores today, with this incredible cover by the amazing @DeadlyMike! Yes, this is the 6th THOR #1 I've done, but also likely the last, as we begin the third & final act of my run. I'm really proud of how different those first issues all look & feel. Hope you dig it.

Those six being Thor: God of Thunder, Thor (the series starring Jane when we didn't know it was her), Thors, Mighty Thor, Unworthy Thor, and the current Thor series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I was only thinking today as I read it how different the tone was. Far lighter and more humorous than the previous volumes. Indeed this shift in tone is as good a reason as any to separate out volumes.

Even Jane was written a little lighter in tone.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 06-13-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Jason Aaron tweeted:

Tweets

Jason Aaron

Verified account

@jasonaaron
    1h1 hour ago
    More
    THOR #1 is in stores today, with this incredible cover by the amazing @DeadlyMike! Yes, this is the 6th THOR #1 I've done, but also likely the last, as we begin the third & final act of my run. I'm really proud of how different those first issues all look & feel. Hope you dig it.
    So Jason was thinking it too.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    So Jason was thinking it too.
    Indeed. It is not technically a ‘third act’ more like a third opera. Let’s hope it is better relationally than Gotterdammerung.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I was only thinking today as I read it how different the tone was. Far lighter and more humorous than the previous volumes. Indeed this shift in tone is as good a reason as any to separate out volumes.

Even Jane was written a little lighter in tone.
    Well, she's had a weight lifted off her shoulders, remember her mantra, there must always be a Thor? Odinson has understood that and is now back active despite the loss of Mjolnir, instead of drowning his sorrows in some tavern. It means, despite the fact she's still undergoing cancer treatment, she can relax.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, she's had a weight lifted off her shoulders, remember her mantra, there must always be a Thor? Odinson has understood that and is now back active despite the loss of Mjolnir, instead of drowning his sorrows in some tavern. It means, despite the fact she's still undergoing cancer treatment, she can relax.
    Yes. It wasn’t a criticism. I quite enjoyed the lighter tone. It is good to see her with a new role. And I like the way Thor is stuck in the middle between his family. But to stick to the topic at hand, it was nice to see Old Man Thor more clearly express his Jane and Steve naming, which I think most of us saw as a tribute to Jane Foster and Cap, but was never fully expressed before. But here he refers to her as Lady Jane and it feels more definitive.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I would actually expect War of the Realms to be Aaron's conclusion. After that Odinson and maybe Jane as well would get a new #1.
    I think that's almost a certainty. Aaron's tweet confirms what I and a lot of others have thought, that this is the third act/volume of his run. I could see Jane getting repowered to help finish the War of Realms, and that going directly into a new Jane series with a new creator. I could see War of Realms being a family event in the vein of Chaos War or Infinity Countdown, crossing over into "nearby" books and having some one shots and limited series alongside. I'm getting ahead of myself but seeing Gillen on that follow-up series would be amazing. Throw Loki in as a costar or main protagonist and that's pretty much a dream book for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I think that's almost a certainty. Aaron's tweet confirms what I and a lot of others have thought, that this is the third act/volume of his run. I could see Jane getting repowered to help finish the War of Realms, and that going directly into a new Jane series with a new creator. I could see War of Realms being a family event in the vein of Chaos War or Infinity Countdown, crossing over into "nearby" books and having some one shots and limited series alongside. I'm getting ahead of myself but seeing Gillen on that follow-up series would be amazing. Throw Loki in as a costar or main protagonist and that's pretty much a dream book for me.
    I am beginning to think we need an heir to Gillen. I would have loved him to take over Thor next, but frankly I didn’t expect Aaron to manage this long a run. Now I would prefer Gillian to do lots more creator owned stuff and maybe get called in to write another Young Avengers volume later down the line. (Or maybe Runaways or a cosmic book like Thanos or Silver Surfer.) I digress - I wonder who else would do a good Thor Goddess of Thunder book?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    How do you all feel about Jane appearing in Asgardians of the Galaxy?

I'd rather keep her out, or if she does appear have it be in a non-powered role. I'd prefer her return to power be its own thing, and a bigger deal.

Thoughts?
    My problem with it and I do have an issue with it is that Jane is a AAA character that consistently sells in the top twenty comics each and every month. Why risk harming the value of the character by putting her in a title that, at best, will get canceled after a year? No, let her hang out in Thor as a supporting character so she can get over her cancer and then, once everything is set up, give her her own book or give her back Journey Into Mystery with a hot new creative team that can do her justice. Maybe get a Fiona Staples or Cat Staggs? Hell, Russel Dauterman doesn't seem to be busy. Personally, "Journey Into Mystery Featuring Jane Foster" sounds good and then use the legacy numbering starting with #707.

Here are the sales numbers for last month. This is for the entire month of April.
    April Top 20.jpg

Just to clarify, AotG is not being solicited as an ongoing so it can’t really be cancelled unless it gets extended first. But I don’t expect Jane to be a major character in it either.