Mighty Member

Default Choose a Power from a Phrase

If you could pick one power based on the following catch phrases, which would it be?

1. As long as you need me, i'll be there.

2. Was that supposed to hurt?

3. It's all mind over matter.

4. Anything is a weapon in the right hands.

5. Don't fear the darkness, fear what is in the darkness.

6. Time to put this thing into overdrive.

7. Looks like it's my lucky day.

8. You better hope you heal faster than I do.

9. Sometimes the copy is better than the original.

10. Nature is unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    If you could pick one power based on the following catch phrases, which would it be?

1. As long as you need me, i'll be there. : The Ability to Empower others so that they aren't so Needy.

2. Was that supposed to hurt? : The Physical Ability to adapt to any Situation

3. It's all mind over matter. : Psychic Matter Manipulation

4. Anything is a weapon in the right hands. : Ability to turn any object into a Magical Sword

5. Don't fear the darkness, fear what is in the darkness. : Ability to manipulate a person's visual cortex in order to blind them

6. Time to put this thing into overdrive. : Ability to impart Kinetic Energy into an object, sending it moving at high speeds.

7. Looks like it's my lucky day. : Ability to predict the future so as to know which day is good and which isn't.

8. You better hope you heal faster than I do. : Healing Stealing - Ability to Steal and use another person's Healing ability

9. Sometimes the copy is better than the original. : The ability to make multiple copies of objects, each one an improvement over the original/previous one.

10. Nature is unstoppable. : Chaos Manipulation
    How's that?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mm, 7 seems more like probability manipulation.

So I'd either pick 7, or 3.

Mighty Member

9. Copy gems to make better gems = infinite wealth, copy medicine to make better medicine = excellent health, copy body armor to make better body armor over and over again = Iron Man armor, etc.

I'm around sometimes NeuroticNyx's Avatar

It's a toss-up between 2 and 3 for me, depending on the magnitudes of each power.

But one of the two.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Well the obvious one for that is Guardian 5.

If the MunchKING pledges to aid anyone, then whenever they are in danger he can teleport to them and save them.

Ooooh... Ultimate Stamina!

This one's obviously some DBZ-esque No-sells.

"and if I don't mind it didn't matter"

Sophlistic injury? I only take injury if I allow myself to believe you have existence?

Well that sounds like the MunchKING (or Jackie Chan) standard. An ability to use any item, no matter how silly as a powerful weapon!

Epic stealth... I like it!

Tim Taylor specials? The ability to overclock any machine no matter how powerful or complex?

Super Luck combined with Serendipity obviously. Everything is coming up MunchKING.

The obvious answer is Wolverine level regen and bad attitude...

Ah, the ability to take a copy of an item and make it powered up to it's fictional equivalent!

I take Hammers and turn them into Mjoliner, and toy phasers become super deadly.

Green Mage all the way! Control over Nature/Forests/Deadly animals. Maybe some other Natural disasters like Volcanos/Tornados/Tsunamis thrown in there depending on how loose of "nature" I can get away with.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Since it's 'based on' the phrase, I'll go for "As long as you knead me, I'll be there." The power granted to bakers to have a little magical dough-boy assistant.

The power to make everything hurt you, even things that aren't supposed to, like soft furnishings or cold scrambled eggs.

The power to psychically look down from above the Matterhorn and get a clear warning of imminent avalanches and whatnot in the environs of the Italian/Swiss border-country Alps.

The ability to always be holding a weapon in the wrong hand so you can't use it.

The ability to avoid walking into the end of the bed when you get up for a pee in the middle of the night.

The ability to survive getting driven over (though not without considerable discomfort).

The sad affliction that means one has no ability to distinguish good luck from bad, and so every day looks like it's a lucky day, even when it's in fact catastrophic.

".... because at least then you'll be healing a bit." The power to freeze all damage received such that it never gets any worse. Or better.

The ability to instantly re-draw all Rob Liefeld comics from the 90s.

Butt-naked magic.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

1. As long as you need me, i'll be there. Anytime someone says your name, you are teleported to that person's side, regardless of whatever else you're doing.

2. Was that supposed to hurt? Immunity to pain, butt not injury.

3. It's all mind over matter. Your brain teleports out of your skull and strikes against an object in order to move it. This does not protect your brain for damage, nor reconnect it to your skull.

4. Anything is a weapon in the right hands. Anything you grab with your right hand becomes a lethal weapon, such as a knife, gun, or bomb.

5. Don't fear the darkness, fear what is in the darkness. You become incapable of thought or action whenever you think you see something moving in darkness.

6. Time to put this thing into overdrive. For a period of exactly one second per day, you can cause things to go into super speed, but unable to slow down.

7. Looks like it's my lucky day. Everyone else around you is afflicted with horrific bad luck, while your luck doesn't change.

8. You better hope you heal faster than I do. Your healing slows down drastically.

9. Sometimes the copy is better than the original. You cause a clone of yourself to appear that is better than you in anyway, including a "more efficient morality."

10. Nature is unstoppable. All human civilization and artifice instantly crumbles to dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    How's that?
    I'd replace 5 with "Darkness Manipulation" ala Obsidian, 4 into "Ability to make object lethal", 1 with "ability to instantly teleport and adapt to save those in need" 10 to "Ability to control nature and natural disasters" and 6 to "ability to enhance objects into a super form, called overdrive"
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Given I would only say this to one person, ever, this would indicate some kind of power where I will literally always be there for her. So...as long as my wife is alive, so am I and nothing can keep me from being with her.

I'm down with this power.

Second choice, because supernatural luck is always good in the real world.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

The ability to instantly re-draw all Rob Liefeld comics from the 90s.
    Ok, that one made me laugh.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Ok, that one made me laugh.
    Me too.

Where can i buy a phone? Mr.Alucard's Avatar

5. Ability to make loud animal noises when in a dark area. I would make a lions roar.
    Yes...excellent! I haven't had this much fun in ages! ...What did you say your name was?

[QUOTE=Farealmer;1963231
    9. Sometimes the copy is better than the original.[/QUOTE]

I pick that one!
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

You are intricately linked to your name/moniker. If someone calls it out, you appear beside them, often with something handy to help resolve the problem. This is not bound by physical limitations - if a hundred people cry out "Help me, Handyman!" than a you appears for each of them simultaneously.

A variation of immutability. Things still can hurt/damage you, but if you get a moment you can negate the injury, along with gaining a minor and temporary stat boost.

You have telekinesis based off your perception of the item. For example, if a car in the distance looks like you can pick it up with your hand, then you can, and so forth.

The traditional "I know how to kill everyone in this room with this teacup" power, with a minor luck-based assist on that useful things always seem to be at hand. For example, that sandwich you threw at the guy had peanut butter in it, and he has a dramatic allergy to peanuts and it got in his mouth, etc.

Two-part power. You have the ability to meld and travel through shadows. You also have a "shadow beast", a creature of mist and shadows that does your bidding. Its strength is inversely propotional to how well it is perceived.

The ability to force "mechanical" tools to perform 10-25% better than they should, with the side effect of them breaking down in a quarter of the normal time. For example, if the top speed of your car is 100 mph, than you can squeeze out 125 mph, but you will need to change the oil or tires in just a few thousand miles. Also applies to electronics and the like.

Serendipity field. You always seem to have what you need to advance at any point in time. You catch all of the green lights, the road does not close until after you pass, a stock jumps after you buy it, you have a camera pointed in the right direction to snag a blackmail photo, etc. Does not work if you try to force it.

High-speed adaptive regeneration.

Can create copies of the items someone else is using, as well as copying their skill with the items. Your copying also has a chance to produce results greater than the original (better sword, faster computer). Copied items and skills also tend to fade over time, though you can still pick things up yourself from the boost.

See Ultimate Kars.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight