Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Seeing how things are...I think I warmed up to the idea that he should stay dead.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Never! (Although with these guys you never know). As for the theory, I dunno. I'm leaning towards the All-Star version, with him going into the sun as the only way to cure himself, initially not knowing whether he'll return or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Those concepts won't last in the long-run. Maybe one of them really surprises and catches on, but I doubt it. Eventually, status-quo will take back over and Lois Lane will return to being a normal human. Status quo will eventually take over and Lex will go back to being a normal human. The wild card is Kenan. Maybe he catches on, but the habits of DC readership suggests it won't.
    Actually have high hopes for Kenan. Guys in my comic shop say his preorders are high for a new character.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

He gets up out of the casket and says "hi".

Then we can have set up....except with more Red and blue...and Super....

Identical Supermen,Identical Supermen and you'll find.....

they laugh alike, the walk alike, sometimes they'll even talk alike..

.you can lose you mind...

when identical Supermen are two of a kind!

Last edited by manofsteel1979; 04-25-2016 at 06:01 AM.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    First, Diana doesn't believe for a moment that Superman will stay dead. Call it woman's intuition if you like.
    Then, when Darkseid steals Superman's body to use him as his personal soldier, Diana wears her golden armor ('cause it's cool) to go to Apokolips, kick Darkseid's ass and bring Superman back.
    By the end of story, Diana holds Superman in her arms like a baby and he opens his eyes. Superman is alive and well because reasons.

DIANA: "I knew you'd come back to life"
    KAL: "How?"
    DIANA "You must not have read many comics in your life, right?"

(Obviously, Tomasi will write this version of the Return of Superman. )
    I kind of would like to see her beat up on maybe Brainiac too. That would be funny.

Superman: That's the (#) time you saved me!!! What's going on?!!!
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 04-25-2016 at 07:57 AM.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    He gets up out of the casket and says "hi".

Then we can have set up....except with more Red and blue...and Super....

Identical Supermen,Identical Supermen and you'll find.....

they laugh alike, the walk alike, sometimes they'll even talk alike..

.you can lose you mind...

when identical Supermen are two of a kind!

My head spins enough to make them want to do Superman Red / Superman Blue, although my gut tells me that DC already has bizarre plans to somehow do it.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Throwing this out there. He becomes the new Kon, basically after he dies, he get's brought back but younger as a teen or something, allowing him to become the Kon El of this world. I'm picking up Kenan's story as well as the others depending on the writing.

Its certainly an original theory!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Yeah; I could see a Superman Red/Blue thing sans color-coding.

My theory: Superwoman serves as the spiritual successor to N52 Superman, as it features N52 Lois (who, while she was never romantically linked to him, was someone who knew him) with his powers. Not “Kryptonian powers like his”; literally his powers, transferred to her upon his death. His return (if it happens) will probably involve Lois giving his powers back to him.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 04-25-2016 at 04:20 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I don't think he comes back, at least not anytime soon.

In a way, it's kind of cool that Superman will serve as a bridge from the old universe to the new, seeing as he was the 1st hero and all. It makes him somewhat unique.

Well, I assume it'll be the simplest, most straight-forward manner possible, if it happens at all.

So, you know, most likely riding a giant golden space shark with laser eyes out of the sun as angels sing "War Pigs" and planets explode.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, I assume it'll be the simplest, most straight-forward manner possible, if it happens at all.

So, you know, most likely riding a giant golden space shark with laser eyes out of the sun as angels sing "War Pigs" and planets explode.
    If this doesn't happen I will be completely and utterly disappointed.

if there is one being capable of doing this, then it is mxyzptlk

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I don't think he comes back, at least not anytime soon.

In a way, it's kind of cool that Superman will serve as a bridge from the old universe to the new, seeing as he was the 1st hero and all. It makes him somewhat unique.
    I think this whole thing was crafted with the knowledge that New 52 Superman was not staying gone for good. Hence details like blue boots for Superdad, this obviously being a Reign of the Supermen sequel, and the already developing means of him coming back with the consciousness imprinting. They'll ham up the gone for good mantra, hell they already are in Final Days. But hell they did the same thing with the original Death storyline once they realized they had a boon, even though anyone who'd ever read a comic before knew it was just a storyline.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-26-2016 at 12:48 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I think this whole thing was crafted with the knowledge that New 52 Superman was not staying gone for good. Hence details like blue boots for Superdad, this obviously being a Reign of the Supermen sequel, and the already developing means of him coming back with the consciousness imprinting. They'll ham up the gone for good mantra, hell they already are in Final Days. But hell they did the same thing with the original Death storyline once they realized they had a boon, even though anyone who'd ever read a comic before knew it was just a storyline.
    I think the difference is that there was always a firm plan in place to bring Superman back in 1992. The entire storyline itself was just a stop-gap while they waited to do the marriage. Also,with the death/return arc they replaced Superman with 4 impostors, whereas here they're replacing Superman with...Superman, and a Superman with significant history and fanfare to boot.

While I have no doubt they have a backup plan to restore New 52 Superman in place should the current story not pan out, my gut tells me they want Old Superman to remain in the role indefinitely.