Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    But he shows up as Cyborg Superman in fall to fight Supergirl, while Eradicator is in July to fight Superman and Jon
    Yeah, I know, I am guessing it's the guy who is trapped in SVOR something from Lobdell.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Wasn't there a "new" Eradicator at the start of the RETURN OF KRYPTON story that popped up and then was forgotten again? Perhaps my memory is faulty and I have no insentive to go back to investigate as I don't want PSTD flashbacks of Scott Lobdell's run,but I remember that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    But he shows up as Cyborg Superman in fall to fight Supergirl, while Eradicator is in July to fight Superman and Jon
    Yeah, it's not Zor-El. Most likely is that Nuperman's "death" activates New 52 Eradicator and we will discover he's been around and just never saw him until now, or we find that Nuperman had his own encounter with The Eradicator artifact during the "missing" 5 year time gap.

Yeah, there's already an Eradicator in the New 52, and judging from the power set in the solicit, I'm guessing its the same guy who just is given a visual makeover. He originally showed up in Krypton Returns but via a fight with Kon-El was accidentally thrown into one of Oracle's time portals to present day Smallville. That was where we last saw him, as Superman encountered him one more time there where he was warned of the impending Horrorville events.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, there's already an Eradicator in the New 52, and judging from the power set in the solicit, I'm guessing its the same guy who just is given a visual makeover. He originally showed up in Krypton Returns but via a fight with Kon-El was accidentally thrown into one of Oracle's time portals to present day Smallville. That was where we last saw him, as Superman encountered him one more time there where he was warned of the impending Horrorville events.
    Ah. I misremmembered things a little. It's all a blur to me. I'm getting old!

Perhaps he takes on the new look once reading Superdad's mind and altering his appearance to be the proper avatar of his demise. Kind of like in Ghostbusters when Gozer reads Ray's mind and becomes the stay puft marshmallow man. Hehheh.

Indeed. I was also thinking he might take on Superman's guise in a twisted sense of honoring the "true" Last Son of Krypton. As you know he's going to view Superdad and Jon as blasphemous creatures. That's just the way Eradicator rolls, lol. Very sensitive to his perceived affronts to Krypton.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

New editions of the Death and Return saga were released this week. More signs indicating that New 52 Superman will go through the death and Rebirth process. I really hope Hank Henshaw becomes Cyborg-Superman but with his classic skeletal design. Also hoping Steel plays a big part in this whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    New editions of the Death and Return saga were released this week. More signs indicating that New 52 Superman will go through the death and Rebirth process. I really hope Hank Henshaw becomes Cyborg-Superman but with his classic skeletal design. Also hoping Steel plays a big part in this whole thing.
    Badum-tshhh!!

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    Badum-tshhh!!
    Thank you! Thank you! I'm here all week.

I wouldn't be surprised at this stage if its The Eradicator that retrieves Superman's body (if he leaves one behind), and is responsible for bringing him back. I mean the copying of Reign elements is fairly blatant so far so why not go all the way.

I wonder if comics people have something like a dead pool for comics. Issue X get not more than Y number of sales (using Comichron), rate of slumping of a title or an entire line and so on. Maybe even a pool on how long a crossover runs or a status quo lasting how long.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I truly hope that they bring him back and that PFP Superman and Lois either die heroically, get locked in that "paradise dimension" Earth 2 Superman and Lois were locked away in, get sent back to their own world or something. I don't like having them around. As it relates to their son, because he basically has a less complicated but similar origin than New 52 Superboy being genetically related to both lois and Superman (i.e. their son), and because he appears to be much younger than the Superboys we've had lately, I think it would be good to keep him. Having him lose his parents would give him some gravitas as a legacy character. In my opinion he needs to be trained by Superman, Supergirl, and Superwoman (if they let Lois keep the powers).

New 52 Superman needs to come back either way. I really hope that the Death and Return of Superman elements in this story really do lead to his return. I think its great that there are actual questions about whether he'll return or not, unlike the original story from 92-93. I really hope thats the plan and that we aren't going to be permanently stuck with a Superman who doesn't have natural relationships with the rest of the DCU. This is the part of this story that irks me to no end but thankfully they are addressing it in the Justice League and Trinity titles.

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    I truly hope that they bring him back and that PFP Superman and Lois either die heroically, get locked in that "paradise dimension" Earth 2 Superman and Lois were locked away in, get sent back to their own world or something. I don't like having them around. As it relates to their son, because he basically has a less complicated but similar origin than New 52 Superboy being genetically related to both lois and Superman (i.e. their son), and because he appears to be much younger than the Superboys we've had lately, I think it would be good to keep him. Having him lose his parents would give him some gravitas as a legacy character. In my opinion he needs to be trained by Superman, Supergirl, and Superwoman (if they let Lois keep the powers).

New 52 Superman needs to come back either way. I really hope that the Death and Return of Superman elements in this story really do lead to his return. I think its great that there are actual questions about whether he'll return or not, unlike the original story from 92-93. I really hope thats the plan and that we aren't going to be permanently stuck with a Superman who doesn't have natural relationships with the rest of the DCU. This is the part of this story that irks me to no end but thankfully they are addressing it in the Justice League and Trinity titles.
    My feeling is this: I have kind of warmed up to the idea of Pre52 being involved with the JSA for while he is here. It would give some people a better result than what happened in Grounded, and well it would also well, possibly promote the JSA with some people. Yes, I am being a nice guy today, and I am not hulking out.

I am disappointed that the other "Superboy" (The clone one) couldn't just get adopted by Pre52 Superman, or how about Chris Kent (Lor-Zod), getting brought back? Nothing wrong with adopting a child, right?
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 04-29-2016 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Does that mean that Hank is going to off Zor-El or something? It would be a little complicated and confusing if you had two Cyborg Supermen.

I think by the time Supergirl's storyline with him completes, he will have regained enough of himself to do something heroic and sacrifice himself for her, finally dying and being at peace. But the body is mostly robotic. That shell will be left behind unless destroyed. That's the easiest avenue to then have Hank take it over, if say in the meantime over in Action/Superman, Hank develops his familiar cross-consciousness powers.