Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I think by the time Supergirl's storyline with him completes, he will have regained enough of himself to do something heroic and sacrifice himself for her, finally dying and being at peace. But the body is mostly robotic. That shell will be left behind unless destroyed. That's the easiest avenue to then have Hank take it over, if say in the meantime over in Action/Superman, Hank develops his familiar cross-consciousness powers.
    I really don't think Hank will become Cyborg superman. Not really much story reason to, and they seem to be setting up something else.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

That's the thing, though. They start setting up something, and then editorial comes and screws it up by setting up something else.

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    That's the thing, though. They start setting up something, and then editorial comes and screws it up by setting up something else.
    I suppose, but whatever plan they have now seems to be for the short-term and immediate. There really is no reason for Cyborg Superman to change

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I suppose, but whatever plan they have now seems to be for the short-term and immediate. There really is no reason for Cyborg Superman to change
    No there rationally isn't, but DC is far from 100 percent rational. Hank Henshaw does not exist as someone who hates Superman all along though, he goes insane to having his body destroyed and becoming something else. I kind of agree just having Zor-El evolve due to his special Brainiac tech makes more sense, but again, DC isn't all that simple either.

I really don't think Hank will become Cyborg superman. Not really much story reason to, and they seem to be setting up something else.
    With Jurgens running things for a while I think its quite likely. Its the classic set-up first off, there's really nothing well-received about the Zor-El version, and they went out of their way to set up Hank in L&C. To me that's a big red flag that something's upcoming. Bringing the Zor-El incarnation back now, to me seems like a means to wrap up the idea, personally. Zor-El as a villain was never a sustainable idea anyway.

Not to mention they really need to cease passing Superman's villains onto others. Cyborg Superman is a Superman foe. I tend to give a little bit of a pass when it comes to Kara because she's part of the family, and there's some characters who don't get tons of play who can get more in another setting, like Silver Banshee. But Cyborg Superman got plenty of use with Superman stories. So shopping him off to someone else, even Kara in this instance, makes no sense. Its not as bad as when he was shipped off to GL's mythos pre-Flashpoint, but all the same he is a Superman villain and belongs as a top five nemesis of Superman. It was probably the best thing Jurgens contributed to the mythos in the 90s.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-29-2016 at 06:52 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Indeed. And I actually like the spin they gave to Cyborg Superman. But we'll see. I'd actually be kinda disappointed if Henshaw became Cyborg Superman again.

Then again, there's a reason why Jurgens brought him back into new52 continuity, so...

DC and WB are destroying their universe and characters. Stupid a hacks. I mean like, why are they purposely shooting themselves in the foot?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    DC and WB are destroying their universe and characters. Stupid a hacks. I mean like, why are they purposely shooting themselves in the foot?
    An obsession with Death & Return. Almost as if they're defining SM with his death and resurrection. Damn SuperJesus.
    Now, we seem to have Didio's pitch which starts with AllStar SM, goes into Reign and ends with Return. All with the suspense and flavour of the Clone Saga. (6 months to a year or so, instead of 2 years with Parker).
    At least, that's how I perceive it.
    Maybe we get Nu-52 Superman back after 3 story arcs.
    Last edited by A Guy's Name; 04-29-2016 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    An obsession with Death & Return. Almost as if they're defining SM with his death and resurrection. Damn SuperJesus.
    Now, we seem to have Didio's pitch which starts with AllStar SM, goes into Reign and ends with Return. All with the suspense and flavour of the Clone Saga. (6 months to a year or so, instead of 2 years with Parker).
    Personally if nothing is going to change I rather New 52 Superman would stay dead until DC and WB get their head out of their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Personally if nothing is going to change I rather New 52 Superman would stay dead until DC and WB get their head out of their asses.
    Let us pray to our Lord and God, Superman, then.
    Pray our Lord's heat vision striketh down upon our enemies.

I understand the sentiment. Nothing will really change until the leadership changes. But nonetheless, I'm thoroughly convinced there is absolutely no intention of keeping the main Superman gone long.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I think that would be the best case for the character know. Because DC obviously doesn't care.

Then, again who would you have replace with guys running DC now?

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    But it would be a reverse clone saga, because at first their were 2 spider-men, then they sidelined Peter and made Ben the actual Spider, then they restored Peter back to Spidey, here, they first replace, then they make there be two for a while, possibly until the end of rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I understand the sentiment. Nothing will really change until the leadership changes. But nonetheless, I'm thoroughly convinced there is absolutely no intention of keeping the main Superman gone long.
    But the problem is making us guess what will happen. I hope that they mess around with us a bit.