aaronr1

Default New 52 Flash Help

Long story short I recently got back into reading comics and my favourite was the flash from around the 90s. I want to start reading flash again and have found a deal to buy every new 52 Flash that's been released for £60. Does the new 52 comics stand up well against the old ones or should I wait for the new rebirth flash. Thanks

Astonishing Member

The first half of the series is very good, the later stuff isn't.

I highly recommend
    Showcase # 4, #8, #13, #14
    Flash (vol.1) #105- #350
    Flash (vol.2) #1- #247

+++++++++++++++++++++

for me since 2009 Flash has not been good.
    From Flash rebirth to Flash vol.3 to New 52 Flash (vol.4).

Barry was great as Flash until Crisis and than Wally hit the ground running for
    two decades of terrific stories and than..............
    For some reason D C Comics decided Barry Allen would be better for there comics.
    I guess they figured Wally West was insignificant, that sales would soar with Barry Allen's return
    and Wally would be forgotten............ the only thing that got forgotten and lost was the ability
    for D C Comics to put out top level Flash stories since.

The stuff from Manapul/Buccellato is very good imo. Also the best looking Flash series ever. I didn't love the Reverse arc but the rest was great (even it was solid, time travel arcs are always my least favourite Flash arcs).
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Astonishing Member

There's going to be a hardcover omnibus release of Manapul and Buccellato's New 52 Flash (#1-25) in December, so it might be best to wait for that. Or if you don't want to wait, get the first 4 or 5 graphic novel volumes of New 52 Flash. You should be able to get them for under £60 if you shop around online. The series goes downhill with #30.

Rebirth should be a good starting point for following the individual issues. The new creative team looks very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I highly recommend
    Showcase # 4, #8, #13, #14
    Flash (vol.1) #105- #350
    Flash (vol.2) #1- #247

+++++++++++++++++++++

for me since 2009 Flash has not been good.
    From Flash rebirth to Flash vol.3 to New 52 Flash (vol.4).

Barry was great as Flash until Crisis and than Wally hit the ground running for
    two decades of terrific stories and than..............
    For some reason D C Comics decided Barry Allen would be better for there comics.
    I guess they figured Wally West was insignificant, that sales would soar with Barry Allen's return
    and Wally would be forgotten............ the only thing that got forgotten and lost was the ability
    for D C Comics to put out top level Flash stories since.
    Did you even read the original post?

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    There's going to be a hardcover omnibus release of Manapul and Buccellato's New 52 Flash (#1-25) in December, so it might be best to wait for that. Or if you don't want to wait, get the first 4 or 5 graphic novel volumes of New 52 Flash. You should be able to get them for under £60 if you shop around online. The series goes downhill with #30.

Rebirth should be a good starting point for following the individual issues. The new creative team looks very promising.
    ^THIS! just wait for the omnibus. you'll be glad you did when you see manapul's art in deluxe format