View Poll Results: Wong as the Sorceror supreme?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and I want to see that happen

1 7.69%
  • Yes but I don't want to see that happen

0 0%
  • No

11 84.62%
  • Don't know/other

1 7.69%

Default Do you think Wong will ever be the Sorceror Supreme?

I always assumed he was more than a servant. Perhaps an apprentice to Strange. Do you think he could ever be Sorceror Supreme and why haven't we seen more of him using magic before?

Wong comes from a long line of men born into the service of the Ancient One and Sorcerer Supreme, but to his credit, he is still far beyond being just a servant. Yeah, he can use magic, but this is actually a recent-ish retcon. He couldn't before.

At one point during Bendis's New Avengers run I think, he was considered as a candidate to be the SS by the Eye of Agamotto. It didn't make much sense, since he isn't what I'd consider to be among the top-tier magic users, but it happened.

Will he ever be SS? There are too many magic users who are infinitely more skilled than he is at using magic, so I'd say no, but you never know what writers will put together.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

There isn't a "Yes but I'm indifferent to that happening." But the trend of making long time supporting cast members super heroes will likely, eventually grace him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    There isn't a "Yes but I'm indifferent to that happening." But the trend of making long time supporting cast members super heroes will likely, eventually grace him.
    I say wong is a superhero.He could use magic and he does superhero stuff in comics and the doctor strange animated movie.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'd like to see Wong do something different with his life. Maybe not Sorc. Supreme. Maybe spearhead a SHIELD Special Occult Sciences (SOS) division or something. Chief Detective Wong has a nice ring to it. It's time Marvel put out some supernatural books. Wong could be the main character, exploring various oddities and unexplained occurences throughout the Marvel Universe. Being Strange's bodyman is just a cover for that.

Pretty sure Wong doesn't really was never a disciple or anything of either Dr. Strange or the Ancient One, he's more of Strange's Alfred more than anything.

That minotaur-alien guy though, he was actually training to be a Sorcerer, so I think there's a higher chance of that guy becoming Sorcerer Supreme, on his planet/in his dimension.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    That minotaur-alien guy though, he was actually training to be a Sorcerer, so I think there's a higher chance of that guy becoming Sorcerer Supreme, on his planet/in his dimension.
    Rintrah is who you were thinking of, and he was being trained to be Doctor Strange's successor, as I recall. Wong hasn't ever shown any inclination or desire to use magic (although a poster above suggests he has been recently, but if so, it is very recent).

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Rintrah is who you were thinking of, and he was being trained to be Doctor Strange's successor, as I recall. Wong hasn't ever shown any inclination or desire to use magic (although a poster above suggests he has been recently, but if so, it is very recent).
    That was years ago though, and I thought Brother Voodoo has the mantle of Sorcerer Supreme or did at one point. I'm going to be shocked if Rintrah isn't dead by now, I haven't seen him in years.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    That was years ago though, and I thought Brother Voodoo has the mantle of Sorcerer Supreme or did at one point. I'm going to be shocked if Rintrah isn't dead by now, I haven't seen him in years.
    IIRC, he was shuffled offstage somehow- put into a coma, or something like that.

Would be kind of cool if he turned up again as the Sorcerer Supreme of his home dimension, though.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Extremely unlikely since the most action Wong's had in recent years was fighting Jarvis over who was in charge of the chores at Avengers Mansion.

Still, who knows? Afterall who would have thought when they first appeared, that General Ross, Nurse Jane Foster and high school bully,Flash Thompson would one day all become Avengers?

Nope, he's an Alfred/Jarvis figure, tho he arguably is more powerful than both of them
    making any of them have powers or skills (alfred in batman earth one) takes away their 'ordinary guy' dynamics
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)