Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Atoms

".........
    Last edited by nnelg; 04-25-2016 at 09:26 PM.

BANNED

Al would be the oddball. And it seems that those guys are coming to this Earth. which makes him doubly unusual.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    We need to get DC thinking about The Atoms, a Charlton team title called Pax Americana and a Flash team title called Speed Force.
    All great ideas IMO, but I wonder if they have a chance of actually happening. Obviously DC has plans for future series after the initial Rebirth books have been going for a while, but considering the disconnect they have with their fans, who knows if they actually care about any of these characters, even though we do.

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Interesting how you say all this despite your avatar being one of the whiter characters in recent fantasy. Seriously, house Stark is the whitebread of GoT. Also, DC is risking profits by giving Simon Baz and Hessica Cruz the main GL book, and also by continuing to publish Blue Beetle and Cyborg books despite those series not being top sellers. Give them some credit.
    dude robb stark is a badass. period. the north remembers. lol i just liked him on the show and have never read the books so idk sh*t about fantasy tbh. its not like im anti white. im actually a person who wants the old wally west back lol. my point was dc has these awesome minority heroes and they just kill them off for no reason or put them on the back burner to bring back old characters that people my age have never even heard of or care about. why?

I'll take a Ray Palmer & Al Pratt Atom mini-series...zero interest in the other two.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    dude robb stark is a badass. period. the north remembers. lol i just liked him on the show and have never read the books so idk sh*t about fantasy tbh. its not like im anti white. im actually a person who wants the old wally west back lol. my point was dc has these awesome minority heroes and they just kill them off for no reason or put them on the back burner to bring back old characters that people my age have never even heard of or care about. why?
    I apologize for mocking Robb Stark. He is a badass.

And I do agree with you that DC has a tendency to create new minority heroes and then stop caring about them a year later, which is frustrating. Getting back on topic, I think Ryan Choi deserves a shot at popularity alongside the previous Atoms. I also have a lot of respect for older characters like Al Pratt and especially Ray Palmer, so I wouldn't want them to be replaced by Ryan Choi. I think old and new heroes should compliment each other, which is why a series starring multiple Atoms from different generations is a good idea, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Seriously, house Stark is the whitebread of GoT.
    Compared to who? The Lannisters? Or the Targaryens? Seems like there's a lot of competition for this one.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Incredible Member

Yes. I've had this idea for a while.

My idea was basically Ray Palmer and a bunch of his grad students, his new team, accidentally stuck at the cellular level, essentially making the setting a fantasy world where Mitochondria and stuff like that are wild beasts trying to kill our heroes.

Maybe they're trying to rescue someone who's shrunken into hiding, be it a criminal or a friend, or a piece of macguffin technology that allows them to return to normal size.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 04-26-2016 at 06:41 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    I could dig a Ray/Ryan/Laethwyn team. I don't see Al working since he's on Earth-2 these days, and didn't have shrinking powers historically. Throw in Adam Cray as the secret weapon of the group and you've got an interesting dynamic.

My big problem is with the name. I don't think Atoms has a nice ring to it, but I don't really have anything better to suggest.
    Project A.T.O.M.? The Mighty Mites? The Micronauts?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    What would you think about a comic starring Al Pratt and Ray Palmer?
    Gads, yes! I've always thought there were many wonderful stories to be told with the Golden Age Atom...Sign me up!

BANNED

Maybe it could be "The Atomic (something or other)." I've always liked the adjective "atomic." I saw a T-shirt with Elvis on it once that said, "The Atomic Powered Singer," and I had to have that thing.

Astonishing Member

Dunno why it took me an hour, but yeah, the obvious titles are like, just pluralization.

Swords of the Atoms, or Power of the Atoms, or Powers of the Atoms.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Another word that has punch is "order."

Yeah. The Atomic Order. That'll fly.

BANNED

Something else. They should be referred to by their actual names. Ray, Al, etc. When someone outside the group refers to then, he can call them the Atoms or the Atomic Order.

A comic with Ray Palmer, Ryan Choi and Rhonda Pineda would be ideal!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!